Kem's Robot Worldbuilding Yellhole Apparently

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Kemmasandi, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

forgot to say this was talking specifically about the tfp autobots. like jfc, idw1 is RIGHT THERE. if u want 'both sides bad' there's plenty of material there!

• Agree x 1
  2. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Yeah, okay, having seen that post as well now I'm just like. Okay, edgelord, whatever you say. Being rude and not having big regard for the wellbeing of your enemies is as bad as torturing prisoners and magitek-powered colonialism. Yeah, sure.

• Agree x 1
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

ultra magnus is Right There in the wreckers episodes too, like... There Is More Than One Lawful Autobot, come on

• Agree x 2
  4. Kemmasandi

i feel like this is one more instance of fandom taking that's like... mildly present in or supported by canon, and turning the dial on it up to eleven. like, there is a certain amount of, optimus is kinda the moral... backbone? of the autobots, in that his decisions do tend to act as an example to them... but everyone else is making their own moral decisions and deciding how it all fits into their own....??? fuck its late and i dont know how to words. i think that optimus is an example and a demonstration, NOT any sort of expectation. i think the characters in the show would strive to some sort of morality, probably fairly close to what they have, even if optimus wasn't there.

• Agree x 1
  5. Kemmasandi

it bugs me as an Optimus Fan to see him being held up above the other autobots like some sort of paragon of virtue. i feel like that's the absolute last thing he would want.

• Agree x 2
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

this is. all but explicitly addressed in canon. it is too early for me to go on Book Quest but I'm like 95% certain there's a scene in exodus directly after he gets Primed where he's like. freaking out, in his quiet optimus way, that people are going to put more stock in the title than in the ideals, especially since megatron went and publically blew up about it, and he's just Some Guy who happened to do something with those ideals instead of remaining on the sidelines and It Could Have Been Anybody. which, you could go back to g1 here and point fingers at the Thinly Veiled US-Soviet Allegories and something something american exceptionalism, but that "it could have been anybody, but it is us, stand up and Do Something"... ethos? feels very quintessentially autobot. Autobot Ideal, sure, these are still flawed characters who will have their own flavors and motovations and quirks, but... optimus is far from the only one who has That Vibe.

• Agree x 3
  7. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

That presumes people have read the novels or played the games and don't instead assume the TFP backstory is beat for beat same as the one in the comics, just with a different political coat of paint on Optimus.

Optimus, the Only Good Autobot is also one of my least favourite tropes b/c like... yeah some Autobots are bastard. Just saying they're bastards and not exploring that is boring as sin, tho.

• Agree x 1
  8. Kemmasandi

[opens mouth, emits foghorn noises]

next person who tries to tell me that Optimus destroying the omega lock was a war crime gets their head bitten off i stg

why is tfp tumblr so determined to bothsides the fuckin thing

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. Kemmasandi

postwar g1 happy ending au where all the seekers except starscream play microsoft flight simulator and troll the humans. and get trolled by humans in return.

• Winner x 1
  10. Kemmasandi

and the prize for 'first url on my blocklist' goes to the person in the tfp tags who keeps posting about how evil the tfp autobots are, Ackshually. lets hope i dont have to see that shit again anytime soon haha.

on a more positive note, i got to make and deploy a transformers version* of the eggman's announcement copypasta on tumblr today. :D i think it still needs tweaking but thanks to tfwiki i got some great illustrations going too lmao. If i had the patience (or knowledge) to do a full-on animatic i would but mmm, there is a certain charm in the text version XD

*post is collaborative trolling. mine is the only actual readmore link there so far sjdhgfjh

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. Kemmasandi

S C R E E C H E S

i was looking for a source on some megop smut i got given recently and found a repost of some ancient opratch smut i'd drawn. im not even mad tbh, im gonna redraw it better someday and in the meantime im very amused seeing that it's still floating around out there xDD

similarly, one of my old sketches was hiding among the megop stuff i got given. thats not that surprising tho, it came from an old friend and im not surprised she hung onto it xDD

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. Kemmasandi

posted the cursed megop mechpreg smut. apparently the link was coming up as a completely different fic for one person who was on mobile and i tried to see if i could recreate whatever glitch they had but i forgot i wasnt logged in lmfao.

13. Kemmasandi

side story I wanna write for Rise at some point:

- the various Halls of Records maintain, on the Grid, a global free-use encyclopedia along the lines of wikipedia except only Archivists can edit it. You would think that this would cut down on the amount of stupid edit wars, and tbh you would be right... but when they happen, they happen.

- Orion Pax has not ever been involved in one of these edit wars because the pre-Imperial history department is composed of two employees and an ancient retired demigod, but boy howdy he has witnessed a few. One of the most commonly disputed topics is early Imperial history, which his discipline does talk to a bit, so he, Ariel and Alpha Trion sit down with robot popcorn to watch the fights and cheer on their favourite participants.

- Megatronus is absolutely delighted to find out that this is a Thing.

• Winner x 2
  14. Kemmasandi

Seen a few sex worker AUs lately and it keeps reminding me that I want one where the sex work is explicitly legal in-universe. Often the legal status is glossed over, or there's the odd throwaway line that refers to sex work being some form of illegal... and I get why that's so common, because it is wholly or partially illegal in a heck of a lot of places... but I want an NZ-style setup where it's legal to do everything up to and including full service, and it's legal to hire sex workers. And maybe you don't talk about it so much bc societal sensibilities aren't quite that openminded yet, but if you do, you don't have to worry about getting arrested or your clients getting arrested, and if you get fucked with on the job you can go to official channels for support knowing that the law is on your side. There's even a... I don't think it's a union, but it does do a similar organizing and advocacy role. They even have an information manual XD. I used to have a copy floating around somewhere, wonder if it's still around.

• Like x 3
  15. Kemmasandi

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. Kemmasandi

frodo & eowyn = jacinda ardern, prime minister and great crisis leader.
    sam = grant robertson, deputy prime minister, jacinda's right hand man
    aragorn = dr ashley bloomfield, director general of health. half the country was slightly in love with him last year.
    gandalf = andrew little. i don't remember what he does but he's senior govt too.
    gollum = judith 'crusher' collins, who's currently crushing her own party's popularity in the polls. (she got the nickname years ago when she was police minister for crushing boy racers' cars. not personally, but there was a policy, and at least come car did get crushed which was enough to cement the nickname.) presumably she is only still leader of the national party because no-one else thinks they can do a better job.

17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

18. Kemmasandi

i just fuckin realised i wrote eowyn instead of arwen, omfg. its arwen, the not-blonde hair is identifying. in my defense i havent watched lotr since i was like 12, but i should have remembered that, ive seen the eowyn memes lmfao

19. Kemmasandi

am considering that rarepair tf big bang that got floated on twitter. it it happens over summer that'll be a good time for me, ill have nothing to do for uni for like 4 months. i think megaratch might count as a rarepair, especially if it's not for mtmte/ll. xD i wonder if the continuity will make a difference in judging.

• Like x 2
  20. Kemmasandi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice