kind of a goofy idea

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by jacktrash, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I love this idea! I am in full support of having a tumblresque "blog" like thing with hopefully significantly less drama. Plus, the quote feature exists here and could definitely be used as a sort of reply feature across threads if wanted

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Agree x 2
  2. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

I do like this, if for no other reason than I feel uncomfortable with the likelihood that in the middle of people having fun I'll just drop a "hahahaahaa I'm fucking dying" into my vent thread which just makes for bad whiplash and awkward stuff.

• Agree x 3
  3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Ooo, that’d be rad. I have a thread in holler closet that’s actually just to do lists and commentary thereupon, but as it was Personal Junk there didn’t seem a better place to stick it.

Would bijou blogette be open to non logged in users? I feel awkward about having my Personal Junk (even tho it’s not like, personal personal) web crawlable. Obvs I can keep my shit where it is! but I imagine some other folks might like a semi screened in shitposting environment too? Idk, just throwing it out there.

• Agree x 6
  4. Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift Sleepy Girl Wants Love

These wouldn't work exactly like Tumblr, would they? One of my most disliked features about it is that you need to jump all around your blog and someone else's to communicate. I realize it's a dumb presumption, probably, but we're going to be fine with replying in peoples' threads, right? Or is that a sensory no-no?

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I actually made a thread like that bc vent threads have been kinda doing that, but I wanted a place without knife throwing. So a dedicated subforum might be a nice idea?

Suggestion: outline via either tags or the OP what sort of replies are desired, much like vent threads already?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Given how people respond to each other’s vents all the time, I would think replying in other people’s threads would be fine unless the other person requests that people not reply? Can’t say for sure of course, but I can’t see that being an issue.

• Agree x 2
  7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I assume, at least in part based on my own behavior in my thread, that Please Comment And Subscribe will be a norm for mini-chillout threads like these. Like, OP will have ultimate say (including Not In My Thread, Please) but the whole point is to get other people to hang out and chatter with you too on whatever subject of the day you wanna ramble about. So, hopefully, unless anyone else objects, Big Yes on replying I think?

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  8. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

((Request for someone to point out how to pronounce "bijou" and say what it means?))

• Like x 2
  9. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

bee-zhou, and it means 'jewel' or 'jewelry' in French, or small and elegant (jeweled-trinket-like) in English.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I know Bijou-Brigitte is a jewelry chain much like claires here in Germany at least. Mostly costume jewelry and accessories, v popular for teens.

• Informative x 6
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Seconded, or I think there should at least be a private sub-subforum, like how Brainbent has The Holler Closet in addition to the main public subforum?

• Agree x 1
  12. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

If such a subform happens, would it be possible to move select posts (say, via report feature if it's not too much work for the mods) moved to the new thread?

I'm like super in favour of the idea and my vent's not so massive yet that i'd want the whole thing lobbed over

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

+1 on thinking this is a great idea. I've never really interacted with people's vent threads because it feels weird to mix casual socializing with the heavier stuff that those threads are technically for, so it would be nice to have a Designated Social Spot.

• Agree x 4
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

+1 good idea funny pun name

• Agree x 1
  15. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I like this idea, tho im wary of the "report a bunch of posts to have them moved" idea because that sounds messy for the mods, especially if multiple people at once do it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong?

Tho wholesale moving threads would be simpler I guess

• Agree x 3
  16. Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift Sleepy Girl Wants Love

I don't think it'd be messy for too terribly long and moving threads would be way more likely to just have an entire chunk of the exact kind of vent content people want to otherwise avoid in them.

17. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

throwing in my vote because I also made my vent thread solely for complaining and suddenly it became the home for text walls about my ocs and personal journalling

I'd also personally like if either the forum was private or there was a private subforum, if only because of personal anxieties about web searchability and being viewable to people not logged-in (also in my case I have quite a bit of heavy stuff that is probably better behind a screen of some sort). the increased privacy was part of the reason I put my vent thread in the holler closet specifically in the first place, so if there isn't a private option I'll probably stick to my vent thread...

• Agree x 6
  18. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

I'm in the same category as Misty Pond, I'm afraid. Part of the reason I enjoy Kintsugi so much is it's removed from very nosy stalkers I've had and I can put some of my threads in places where I'm not concerned the outside internet is going to be able to view them.

I think a sub-forum like vents've gotten along with it would be a welcome addition to accommodate competing needs if some would rather it be public.

• Agree x 3
  19. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

+1 to idea in general, +1 to privacy or private sub-area thing

• Agree x 11
  20. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I think its a really good idea! But I'm also ning the suggestion to make it private.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice