kind of a goofy idea

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by jacktrash, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

I've just been sending report notifications to people to edit their OP post-move (and did the same to KC before seeing this) when their things get replaced, but if people would like their initial posts edited pre-move that works too.

2. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Yeah I just picked the worst post from before the ones I was transferring to turn into the new op

• Useful x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Question that probably someone else already asked and/or is redundant: if I decide to make a public blog thread and later decide I want it in the more private area, can I have it moved wholesale to clearance level 7?

4. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

IIRC that's exactly what what a lot of people did with their vent threads when the private subforum of Brainbent was first added, so I imagine it's not a problem.

• Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  5. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Yes, absolutely.

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

frankly that's easy mode for mods, way easier than just moving a series of individual posts. so yeah, don't worry about it, moving your thread from one to the other is nbd. you wanna move it back a couple weeks later, also no problem. just don't do it daily or it'll get a bit silly. :D

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

yooooou put your vent thread in
    you put your vent thread out
    you put your vent thread in
    and you wiggle it all about

u do the hokey pokey and you turn urself around
    that's what it's all aboooout

• Winner x 23
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. jacktrash

are we still thinking YBB wants an explanation sticky? or did it turn out to be pretty self-explanatory?

9. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I tend to assume that if one person asks a question then at some other people were at least thinking about asking that question, so I think it might be useful even if it doesn't appear to be necessary. In my experience, "self explanatory" usually just means that the people who don't understand don't want to say anything for fear of appearing stupid.
    Also such a sticky might be a good place for a centralized, noticeable "here's how to get posts moved here from other places" explanation, so that you don't have to keep saying it here over and over.

• Agree x 5
    • Useful x 1
  10. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

I was intending to get one written up two days ago, but I haven't had much free time and am going to be busy for the next few days. I'm gonna officially drop my lease on writing it up; someone else could probably do it faster.

11. jacktrash

it's the holidays, things are hectic, no hurry. i wasn't asking to rush things along, just because i'm the adhd poster child and if i didn't ask when i was thinking about it the question would vanish from human ken indefinitely.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice