Kintsugi as Trolls!I

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Imoyram, Apr 28, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

interestingly, porrim might have a point. just because the boss is an empress is doesn't mean there's actually a matriarchy, that'd be like saying great britain is a matriarchy because theyve got the queen. since the family structures in the alternian empire are quite different than ours, a rule of the ancestor, rule of the elder might be more of a thing that happens, which would also play into the caste hierarchy because the warmer castes live shorter lives

aaand this is probably not the right thread for this and probably also missing the point you were trying to make?

• Like x 3
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

After thought, I'm prolly gonna go the mustard route, bc I remembered babby's first fantroll that I never fully developed. What I've got so far tho, w/ new name from Toasty's thing..

Name: Momala Nenery or Rymala Nynery depending on which name I'm using, haven't sorted which yet or switched it up. Starting point.
    Blood: mustard
    Sign: Normally I'd put a key, a keyhole, a branch or a runic symbol if not Taurus. So, undecided.
    Horns: two curled to the side, one mostly straight pointing forwards.
    Appearance: gonna have to doodle her out, this is just a temp reminder for me to play with the design for now. 8Ic

• Like x 1
  3. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

@TheMockingCrows @Kaylotta
    Kay has a new sign, and have a trollsona mockingcrows
    (your sign wsa supposed to be a crow, and i havent done horns yet)
    [​IMG]

eta: shit ninja'd

• Like x 2
  4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i am still seriously amused by my horns, with which i could easily knock someone out

name ...

Kylota? Kayllo ... Kyllot, Kylloa, Kalota ...

• Like x 2
  5. Imoyram

I like Kalota, but you can pick whatever you want. :)

• Like x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

I feel silly that i didnt think to go with crows. i guess its bc i focus on other animals usually but i picked my username bc im affectionate about big dorky corvids. x3c i've never actually been around birds up close irl, my mom was always terrified.. whELP TIME TO BREAK THAT MOLD WITH A GIANT WHITE ONE THAT USED TO HAUNT MY DREAMS AS A KID, HELLO LUSUS.

• Like x 7
  7. Imoyram

8. TheMockingCrows

[​IMG]
    quickie messy and highly subjective to change bc I didn't draw my blind ass any glasses. More placeholding.

• Like x 4
  9. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Troll!Mal is likely either a bronzeblood (bc patron troll also I am smol but hench) or an indigo (it fits my personality) and has forward-curving fighting bull horns.

Has a bad track record in the flushed quadrant and dreams of sweeping the perfect spade off their feet, but has two very solid moirails, one of which - a tall jadeblood with backswept horns - he flips ash for everytime one of her matespritships flip pitch, which is a lot :/

Pics upcoming :3

• Like x 3
  10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Tineeh Hydrah already has a typing qvirk! He's prolly a seadweller, ]vst for the sake of having a hydra lvsvs. The lower edge of violet, ^^aybe, and I'm definitely not keeping that up, christ alive.

Anywho, he likes floating and diving but isn't a particularly fast or strong swimmer. he likes crawling along the ocean floor or just drifting through currents. Prolly has a somewhat unorthodox thing for heat and fire.likes mechanics and metals and the smell of liquid steel. Probably was fairly isolated in the ocean, and has just recently become aware of the world outside his little corner of the water.

• Like x 4
  11. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@tinyhydra maybe he lived near some deep-sea vents? underwater volcanoes and such? seems up his alley.

• Like x 2
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I've never done any kind of RP but I noodled out a trollsona a while ago for the hell of it, so: Watson Saayge (or Saedge? Saydge?), jadeblood with a catcoon lusus who lives in a literal pile of trash. Her hive is near the edge of an ancient landfill which preadults have been chucking their garbage into for hundreds of sweeps. Fortunately it's at a less-used edge of the landfill, so she doesn't have to deal with too much fresh garbage lying around. The landfill is old enough that there's a solid layer of turf over everything in her hive's immediate area on which she tries and mostly fails to garden. Her hive is covered inside and out with interesting stuff she and her lusus have found while exploring the landfill. She found an old, handwritten cookbook a few sweeps ago and has been working through its recipes as a hobby (it might have belonged to her ancestor or it might just be a random thing, haven't decided). Her lusus has a burrow in the basement.

She's reassured by the fact that her caste means her adult life has been decided for her but also is somewhat guilty about that fact. Probably learned about the Signless via other jadebloods on the internet while she was researching the brooding caverns (if there's jadeblood-exclusive social media, which it seems like there might be considering their separation from the rest of the species, she definitely lurks there) and does not quite consider herself a Sufferist but still admires him as a historical figure and likes his ideals.

Absolutely useless at quadrants and resigned to it. Has had a couple of unrequited flushcrushes and at least one unrequited pitchcrush. Has had several ashcrushes but was never confident enough in her meddling abilities to find out if they were requited. Has had a few moirallegiances but they tend to be pretty unequal and fizzle out.

She has a few long-distance friends and a couple more who live kind of close to her hive. She really likes having friends over at her hive but for one reason or another it doesn't happen too often. None of her close friends are jade and she doesn't like thinking about the fact that she'll probably never see them again after Conscription. She spends most of her time hanging out with her catcoon lusus.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Like x 2
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

[​IMG]
    Tineeh Hydrah wearing what I am currently wearing minus a few holes, cuts, and sillicon/paint/grease stains.

He prolly owns a billion little screws and tiny little finicky parts and whatnot. Just to have them. Little plastic bins fulla junk strewn all about his hive. He likes fiddling with them and sometimes chews on them, shush. Cept the bronze ones, cause bronze is fucking bitter. Real soft tho, so that's nice sometimes.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Like x 4
  14. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

a friend drew another troll!em picture
    I will show you guys when I'm not ded of sleepiness

• Like x 1
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@tinyhydra That hydra lusus is pretty cool. How big is she? Can she move around at all or is she permanently rooted near your trollsona's hive?

16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

[​IMG]

^^o^^ never really ^^oved arovnd ^^vch, bvt now she can't really, ever since we ^^oved to the svrface. I ^^ade a little harness thing for her bowl so we can go on walks so^^eti^^es. I think she likes it. It's kinda hard to tell...

(Gosh, I wish I owned a pencil. Or, I wish a pencil would materialize out of thin air so I didn't have to go out and get one myself.)

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like x 4
  17. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Your troll is too precious omg dying over here.

• Like x 3
  18. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@Kaylotta this is quite the coincidence but as it turns out I have an opera-singing fantroll. who is kind of a trollsona? like two-thirds of one. anyway I'd be really excited to hear your ideas about what troll opera looks like! and to see your opera-singing character if you've developed them.

• Like x 1
  19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@esotericPrognosticator I haven't developed my ideas much yet, to be entirely honest, but I'm totally happy to chat about troll opera!

20. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I did a quick headshot doodle of Malcom Ramone -
    [​IMG]

Also I knocked out his sign in MSpaint -

[​IMG]
    (excuse the extremely shitty lines, but you get the idea.)

He identifies as bronzeblood, but as you can see he's pretty firmly right between Nitram and Captor insofar as caste goes. I'm not sure if he's psiionic at all, but he lives in a treehouse with his batlemur lusus. He can climb just as well as you'd expect, but an old injury has left him slow and clumsy on the ground. He doesn't like leaving his forest, not at all, and while he has a few hatefriends close by, he doesn't often travel. His jadeblood moirail - the other is teal - often comes to see him instead, and unlike many of her caste, she's utterly useless at meddling.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice