kintsugi IN SPACE

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by wes scripserat, May 8, 2015.

1. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

• Like x 2
  2. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

:D

both of you, THANK YOU i am glad you like.

• Like x 2
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

@wixbloom , @wes scripserat said you might be a rose being and i mainly associate roses with tamaki from ouran so i was wondering

yes good.jpg

based off your icon >;)

• Like x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

would you say space kintsugi would be more like babylon 5 or firefly? or a wonderful mix of both?

• Like x 1
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I am obviously an octopus mermaid. Who levitates because fuck that, and also refuses to touch much of anything because TASTES. EVERYTHING. I TOUCH. Trademark gloves to touch basically anything that isn't food.

I am also the resident crafts teacher for basically every craft that isn't fibercraft (IE knitting felting sewing). Because this is our ideal space I completely have a glass studio. Fight me.

• Like x 2
  6. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I don't know Babylon 5 (and you call yourself a sci-fi fan? for shame, SS), but we seem a little more utopian than Firefly's space western Used Future.
    From what I've seen, we're looking a lot like the Culture's general attitude with HHGttG's humourous soft-sf tone. Which is awesome.

@wes scripserat Tell me what I would do In Space!!

• Like x 4
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

that's a really good description. :D

8. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

That sounds like a wonderful setting. Big fan of Banks' Culture.

9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

This is excellent.

I want to be a mechanic. And fix hydroponics systems. And fuck around with gravity systems. And spend a truly ridiculous time online.

(The idea of floating around in some auxiliary space structure messing with a tablet while trying to fix a pipe is deeply appealing to me)

• Like x 4
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

...Can I have ram horns, at the very least? ;u;

• Like x 1
  11. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

@wes scripserat you mentioned 'the willbarrier' and the first thing i thought of was: Great Wall of Nope. :D

• Like x 7
  12. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Four arms & eyes, and probably some kind of computer/information/library science undergraduate/intern person who knows a bit about many things but nothing real good.

• Like x 1
  13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Addition to my previous:
    holographic glasses that connect to the internet
    (because like come on, you're working, fixing a fairly standard pipe weakness in Section 3.X-y, and then the whole place shudders, everything goes dark, and now you're floating. Could you help fix it? Probably! If you had glasses! But yours have fallen off. Well, no longer, with HoloLensTM! One easy (mostly non-invasive) implant, and your eyesight will be corrected forever! Plus, with our technology, HoloLensTM will automatically adjust for any prescription changes!)

#ok i got a little infomercial on that shit #but like come on this is the dream #Watching tony stark's interactive holographic display in Iron Man changed me as a person and also as a fictional engineer/mechanic

• Like x 3
  14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I would like to request access to space utopia!
    I would also request to be perma blessed with pointy ears so faery I guess?
    And idk what I'm useful at but I guess I'm kinda good at makeup and hair stuff?
    And clothes.
    You know what, put me down with the geek squad that helps out the Defense People by constantly redesigning superhero outfits a la Edna Mode. That's definitly my calling.

NO CAPES

• Like x 6
  15. wes scripserat

I know less about babylon 5 but yes firefly. Adventures and such.

16. wes scripserat

Okay this is where the fact that I remember people by their icons and not their names is apparent.
    a lizard being?

• Like x 1
  17. wes scripserat

YESH.

TO all of you this is so awesome.

Okay some brief setting stuff. It's vaguely utopic but it's also the internet in galaxy form.

@jacktrash the Great Wall of Nope is like one of the first defenses you all put up around the colony.

Important question are we on the entire planet or only part of it?

18. kmoss

kmoss whoops

i enjoy the idea of having some vast uncharted wilderness, personally. (called 4chan, *snrk*)
    But, I mean, it's also cool to think that we all have as much space as we could need.

• Like x 2
  19. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Ahhh yess c:
    I am basically my icon. In space. Amazonian space elf who is an excellent shot with ranged weapons :D I like the idea that I'd patrol the Great Wall of Nope, shooting compassion arrows at prospective intruders.

• Like x 2
  20. wes scripserat

This works quite well actually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice