Kintsugi Kitchen

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, May 19, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Pre-assembly chicken, ham, mushroom and broccoli bake with a double-cream cheese sauce.

IMG_1244.JPG

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 2
  2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I made stuffed bell peppers!
    IMG_20180214_190541.jpg

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

What’s the stuffing in those? They look delicious!

4. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

res_IMG_20180215_205804.png
    Leftovers! Noodles, celery, sweet corn, leek, tomato paste, onions, and seasoning (basil, thyme, paprika, and cayenne), as well as the last of the powdered chicken bouillon. Tastes tomato-ey, but it keeps the fridge clear and is edible.
    Oh, and some cheese. Not enough cheese, in fact, but cheese.

• Winner x 6
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

The stuffing is a mixture of ground beef, quinoa and some monteray jack cheese.
    Recipe is here.

• Useful x 2
  6. shmeed

shmeed plant me

i have a fuckton of (edit: salted, dry roasted) peanuts and don't know what to do with all of them, does anyone have recommendations?

7. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

The first thing that comes to mind is kung pao chicken. You can also use corn syrup, granola or puffed rice, and dried fruit to make your own granola bars.

• Useful x 2
  8. Japanese cucumber salad (This or similar) tastes pretty good with peanuts on top if you crush them before hand

You could make peanut-butter or Thai peanut dipping sauce for other recipes if you have a food processor I think?

9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Delicious As Fuck Meal:

Brussel Sprouts that you've cut the butt off of and cut in half.
    Cauliflower or Broccoli cut into chunks/split the huge ass florets (the or can be And if you want)
    Chopped Onion
    Maybe some chopped up bell pepper if you want
    Soy sauce
    Italian dressing
    Mac and cheese
    Lil olive oil or whatever other oil you wanna use that you like cooking with
    Salt/pepper
    lil bit of water

Put lil splash of oil in pan. place halved brussel sprouts cut side down, then add the other veggies. Salt/pepper. Scoot around gently a few times. After a few minutes, when brussel sprouts look a wee bit browned on the part against the pan, shuffle the shit out of everything and add a lil splash of water, a splash of soy sauce, and a healthy splash of italian seasoning while mixing more. Let it sit and cook the water off on medium heat.

Make mac and cheese off to the side, boxed is cheap, easy and richly delicious when you use half a can of Cream Of Mushroom soup in place of some of the milk).

When veggies are tender, delicious and done, serve up. Pile mac and cheese either on top of or to the side.

inhale.

• Winner x 2
  10. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

So my brother gave me a skull-shaped cake pan for christmas:
    upload_2018-2-25_4-50-30.jpeg
    It looked even cooler once it was frosted, but alas, I forgot to take a picture.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 3
  11. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

garlic naan fixes everything. bc aside from the obvious pizzas you can make, you can actually throw most savories on top and have it be delightful. esp when lowish spoons. for instance what i just inhaled for dinner:

garlic naan + shredded cheese. microwave it. apply hummus (roasted red pepper is delightful). apply bite sized veggies/other toppings that are Not Raw and preferably hot. chop it into like 3 pieces. grab either side, fold it awkwardly, stuff into your face.

• Like x 2
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm planning to make chicken cacciatore, but I have minimal alcohol knowledge and the wine aisle at the supermarket is huge and terrifying. Is there a quick and convenient way to find a cheap dry red for cooking that doesn't require me to purchase a corkscrew I'm unlikely to use more than a couple of times a year?

13. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

If a wine says it's good for pairing with red meat or heavy rich dishes on the back of it (lots of wine bottles in the US have pairing suggestions on them), it's a dry red. Common dry reds are merlot and cabernet. A red blend is generally dry as well. Some of the bottles, generally the cheaper ones, will be screw top, so if you don't want to buy a corkscrew, look for those. In my grocery store, the cheaper wines are on the bottom shelf, if that helps.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. chthonicfatigue

Cabernet Sauvignon is a pretty good choice for cooking with, I'll second that. Avoid anything labelled 'aromatised' or cooking wine.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. seebs' mom

seebs' mom Yes, really!

Box wines are cheap, about $20 for five liters, and fine for cooking (and drinking, too, unless you can taste the difference, which I can't). Also, you can buy little single-serving bottles (my supermarket has them in 4-packs for $7) which is nice if you're using the wine only for cooking, because it will keep until the next time you're inspired to cook something that needs wine.

• Useful x 3
    • Agree x 2
  16. chthonicfatigue

Trying to find a low carb brownie recipe which doesn't have actual chocolate, weird faddy ingredients, or absurd amounts of sweeteners. Failing. Seriously, I worry about these people's taste buds. 1 whole cup of sweetener for a single pan of brownies? That's six times as much as I use in my loaf cake recipes. Insanity.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I think a non chocolate brownie is called a blondie, maybe look for those?

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. chthonicfatigue

I'm aware of the existence of blondies, though ive never tried making them! but specifically I'm looking for chocolate brownies made with cocoa, just because I don't have any chocolate in bar form left.

• Informative x 1
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ah, I get you know. Sorry bout that I misunderstood

• Like x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

You could maybe try either adding a little more cocoa (so you basically end up with dark chocolate brownies) or subbing in something else for the chocolate chips, like chopped walnuts or something?

• Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice