Kintsugi Kitchen

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, May 19, 2015.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I remember having a surprisingly difficult time finding an average brownie recipe using cocoa powder and not bar chocolate. Good luck in your quest, I hope you find something that works

• Agree x 1
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

My mug brownie recipes all need cocoa powder instead of straight up chocolate.

3. Key

Key never make a triangle

@chthonicfatigue I ran across this recently, it’s an avocado brownie recipe that uses cocoa powder for the chocolate. She mentions a black bean brownie recipe that she likes better (@Elaienar has a really good black bean cake recipe that she makes so I’m sure black bean brownies are also good) so I’ll try to look that one up and share it too!

EDIT: found the black bean recipe, here it is!

EDIT2: I did not watch the black bean brownie video, and I just noticed that there are chocolate chunks in the still, I hope it uses cocoa powder and the foliage chips can be subbed out for something else. Sorry!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Useful x 1
  4. Key

Key never make a triangle

I don’t know how it happened or how I missed it but autocorrect turned chocolate chips into foliage chips in my last edit. Also I watched the video and she does use cocoa powder and the chocolate chips can probably be left out.

• Informative x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Autocorrect: "What do you put in brownies? Leaves you've run through a wood chipper, right? That's probably what she means, I'll change it for her."

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

7. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Okay so no brownies yet, instead I had another adventure in making stuff up on the fly without much measuring:

Chocolate Orange Keto Pancakes
    All measures approximate because I am a seat-of-my-pants cook.

5 tbsp almond meal
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
    2 tsp sweetener of choice (erithrytol)
    1tsp baking powder
    2 medium eggs
    1 cap Valencia orange extract
    Splash milk

Combines dry ingredients well; beat in eggs and flavour; adjust consistency to pouring batter with milk; cook individual pancakes in blini pan (optionally greased with cocoa butter).

TBH I wanted peanut butter pancakes, decided to use almonds instead because I have a lot of almond meal, then decided on a whim to add chocolate orange flavour because it is a-ok to eat dessert for dinner when you're feeding yourself and can make your own damn decisions about nutrition. Forgot to add sweetener to the mix so the first pancake out was a little bitter, but it mixed in fine after the fact, I promise.

I buttered them and had them with a cup of Café Hag and they were delicious.

IMG_1266.JPG

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Pro baking strat: put eggs in your bra to bring them to room temperature

Just kidding this is a terrible idea and I’m going to regret it

• Witnessed x 4
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Update: I remembered that I’m not actually an idiot after about ten minutes and put the eggs in a bowl of warm water instead

And the cookies came out delicious!
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 5
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

They look great!

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  11. shmeed

shmeed plant me

• Like x 8
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm gonna make that *.*

• Like x 1
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Ooh, I wonder if that would be good with bok choy, I have a bunch that needs using up

• Like x 2
  14. shmeed

shmeed plant me

mmm i think it would be, that sounds fantastic. let me know if you try it!

• Like x 1
  15. shmeed

shmeed plant me

Screenshot_20180315-021144.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    It came out really good! The bok choy definitely worked. I used about the same volume of bok choy as beef, but I might add a bit more when I reheat it. Also used about half the sugar the recipe called for, which was definitely a good decision.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  17. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I didn't make it, but here's the cake for my 21st birthday tomorrow! Ordered from a local vietnamese bakery. Wasn't expecting the cute rosettes!

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
  18. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

That looks delucious, what flavour is/was it?

19. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

vanilla sponge, whipped cream icing, and fruit :)

• Winner x 4
  20. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

weird tasty trick i picked up recently with a 100% success rate.

when cooking veggies (lately its been yellow squash along with other things like baby carrots, onion, broccoli and brussel sprouts in the frying pan) start to fry fairly plain. salt and pepper. .... and then hit it with some lemon juice and some minced garlic. carry on cooking savory as you were gonna (i love soy sauce, paprika, lemon pepper, and lately a nice big hit of italian dressing as it cooks 8DDD) and then hit it with some water to get the last of the cooking done even bc im a gremlin who kinda boil fries things for extra flavor and to make it soft enough for certain for my teeth to handle.. and holy crap. nice lil tang of the bitter from the citrus, then the hit of garlic and all the other stuff and ohhhh man its so good?? its so good. why did i not do lemon juice during cooking sooner.

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice