Kintsugi Kitchen

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, May 19, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i do not like them, sorry.

the mental image of an avocado has reminded me that i like hard boiled eggs, tho. i should add that to my list.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I mean, goal acomplished?

3. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I love to have those little babybel cheeses that are tiny cheese wheels that come in wax as a snack, one or two of them. Cashews are high fat nuts and also low effort food.

4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Oatcakes or cucumber slices spread with cream cheese and topped off with sweet chilli or nut butter or chutney are good and satisfying snack

5. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

perhaps something with guacamole? pair it with just whatever you got in the house otherwise so veg or crackers or something

6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

while requiring some thinking and planning ahead, a slice of banana bread may be an option? that's p substantial

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Maybe a hummus and turkey sandwich? They keep well in the fridge, and turkey might be low fat enough to avoid stomach issues. Otherwise a hummus and veg of choice sandwich might also be a good choice, you'd just need totco the sandwich into the desired portion size and refrigerate.

8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Would trail mix work? Nuts and chocolate both have a good amount of fat, and you can make a whole bunch of it ahead of time. It's what I've been bringing to welding class since I ran out of granola bars.

9. jacktrash

these are all perfect. right amount of no-effort (unless i bake the banana bread myself, which... not likely alas), right amount of food, right amount of fat. thanks, guys.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  10. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

my dad recently made this blueberry-and-apricot fruit cake and it's so good

gonna be so sad when it gets eaten and I won't be able to have any more ;-;

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I'm not sure if I've posted about ir before, but: Kartoffelpuffer aka German Hash Browns (but better)

Needs:
    • about 1.5 cups of shredded potato (shred with food processor or grater it matters not)
    • 1 egg
    • some flour (depends on wetness of whole ordeal)
    • a medium sized onion, finely diced
    • some salt/pepper

do:
    • squeeze the liquid from your shredded potatos, otherwise it's gonna be very wet, but it's no killer if you forget
    • add in salt, pepper, egg, and onion. Mix together with spoon or hands. Add flour until you get a mass that sticks together fairly well
    • grab a pan and put some oil in it, put on medium heat and wait until hot
    • take one heaped tablespoon of the potato mass and put it into the hot oil. Squish it down to a flat mass. You can do multiple Puffer at once if your pan is big enough
    • once the bottom is browned enough, flip your Puffer over, give the second side time to brown up nicely too
    • remove done Puffer from pan and drain on kitchen paper
    • plate up! Goes excellently with apple sauce or jam, but also with savoury sauces if you like this better!
    The recipe also can be scaled up to make leftovers. The Puffer will be a bit flabby if you leave them for a day, but hold up well for a few days in the fridge, and you can easily eat them cold too so they can be taken to work easily as well if you wrap them in tinfoil

ETA: you can also make those with sweet potato or a mix of sweet and regular potat.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  12. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

they also taste amazing with apple sauce

• Agree x 1
  13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i like doing them with tzatziki and salmon

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

sounds like they'd be delicious with sharp cheddar and salsa :D

• Agree x 3
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Versatile food!

• Agree x 4
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

also no more additions till i get the darn ebook version out >:o

(I am 100% joking)

• Winner x 1
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Additions are for Volume 2

• Winner x 2
  18. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I made this and its good

Note, this site says it makes one serving, but i think u can tell from the amount of coconut milk alone that its More. It made about 3 litres for me, i think? I doubled the onion, garlic, and noodles, but u could also substitute the noodles for rice (or make the rice on the side and spoon the liquid over it om nom nom)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

"I have cheap ingredients but want this to taste like a real treat" Caffè mocha

instant coffee + milk + sugar + chocolate chips + hot water + salt

boil your water or make it Very Hot. while the water is Hottening, put some chocolate chips, a bit of sugar, and your powdered coffee to the cup. add a leetle pinch of salt. pour the Hella Hot water over the mixture, about 3/4 (or more if you want more coffee than that) of the way to the top. Let sit, occasionally stir to melt the chocolate entirely. Fill rest of the way with milk, stir again. Slurp and enjoy the rich flavor of hot cocoa + coffee.

the salt gives the sweet things more depth, so it tastes richer and you can savor the chocolate flavor more.

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Winner x 1
  20. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Trying a chocolate version of my polish cheesecake!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I should have anticipated how much bigger 12 oz of chocolate would make it.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice