Kintsugi Kitchen

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, May 19, 2015.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I made veggie cream cheese! With finely minced vegetable bits! By myself! Through the miracles of food processor!

I used this recipe as a base, but changed up the contents slightly (no dill or green onion, added a bit of celery, a few cherry tomatoes, and celery salt). It is super delicious and gets more fresh veg in my diet and I made something from raw whole things despite my hand issues!

If you can't tell, I'm super excited about the food processor :)

• Winner x 6
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I finally made omurice! And fucked up the plating, naturally. But it was delicious!!

• Winner x 5
  3. paladinkit

Church-anniversary weekend fancy food, day one:

allimone.jpg

Fettucine al limone (lemon cream sauce, from hand-selected fresh lemons), an artisan lettuce and basil salad with homemade dressing, and fresh mozzarella pearls. @Anomal(eee) made the cocktails (raspberry lemonade & vodka), and took the picture <3

• Winner x 6
  4. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

My cocktail was raspberry lemonade and vanilla vodka, which was also a great combo with the dinner imo

• Winner x 3
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

care to share the recipe for that fettuccine?

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Yeah, it sounds pretty incredible

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. paladinkit

Absolutely! I don't remember where I originally got it, sadly, but I copied it to my Drive here. Extra success notes: this is worth going to the trouble to select individual lemons for in the grocery store rather than grabbing a big bag - picking the palest lemons you can find with unblemished, tender rinds gets a big flavor boost, and more sweetness & complexity than just straight acidity. Also, the raspberry lemonade paired FANTASTICALLY as a drink, which is nice bc Kai can't drink wine.

• Winner x 3
  8. jacktrash

wonderful, thank you!

• Like x 1
  9. paladinkit

You are welcome! If you have someone to help with the zesting and juicing, too, it's surprisingly quick and low spoons to make the sauce, and the sauce is very forgiving of waiting at room temp if you mess up timing for cooking your pasta, so while it looks fancy it's quite forgiving for disability cooking.

• Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  10. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

I have succeeded in EGGY BAKE. I borrowed two tins from studiohouse, thank you studiohouse, sprayed them with oil, added various fillings, (green onion, tomato and spinach, chicken and green onion, bacon and bacon, and chicken and tomato, all with colby cheese) poured in six whisked eggs, and baked for abooout roughly thirty minutes, and here's what came out!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're not TV gorgeous but I had a chicken onion one and it was FREAKIN FANTASTIC so I think it all works out in the end. 8) I think I like them in bar format the best.

• Winner x 12
  11. jacktrash

such a simple idea, but it looks so gooooood *drool*

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

Those look amazing, congrats!

• Like x 1
  13. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I'm making my own coldbrewed tea lately because Too Warm For Tea and water all day is too bland.

Dave mix so far (in about 1l water:)
    1 bag Earl grey
    2 bags lime/mint
    1 bag mango/ginger

• Like x 6
  14. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

made my first gazpacho today, because it's too freaking hot to turn on an oven or stove. It's chilling in the fridge rn but a first taste test was REALLY promising. The addition of a peach works really well with the tomatos

also the entire thing is kinda coral in color, which is not what i was expecting out of a food made mostly of tomato.

Also I'm lowkey mad at myself that i've never done this before, I had a blender for a year now but it just never occurred to me and GOD i missed out on loweffort, low heat deliciousness last summer....

• Winner x 5
  15. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Had tricolor rotini and the will to make some sort of sauce last night. This was really delicious: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/rotini-sausage-tomato-sauce

No arugula so I used spinach. Only had the squeezy garlic, but what with the onion and overdoing it a bit with the red pepper, it really was not a problem. All my herbs are dried, but again really not a problem.

Did not have whatever type of sausage they call for there. Did have smallish Jimmy Dean sausage patties in the freezer. Used four. Fucking delicious.

Only had diced canned tomatoes, but that’s no issue. A little heat and some attention from the potato masher and they’re perfect. (Also helps to get the sausage even more adequately mashed.)

It was SO GOOD.

• Winner x 4
  16. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

I made japchae/ stir fried glass noodles+beef+veggies. It worked out great! Even if I misread the instructions for the beef marinade, and put in a tablespoon of garlic instead of a teaspoon.

I'm probably going to put this in the regular rotation, because it's delicious while also being low effort and quick.

• Winner x 3
  17. FinalFarce

FinalFarce dook dook

I make bread! A lot! And other things too, but here's just like... a few things I've made in recent time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Winner x 8
  18. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh wow the bread looks super neat and perfect, almost like storebought :O

• Agree x 7
  19. FinalFarce

FinalFarce dook dook

Thanks! I've been working on the recipe for a while since the elevation here makes hydration funky. Here's some more goodies! https://imgur.com/a/Wsiftzy warning, it's a fairly big album

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. jacktrash

i didn't think to take a picture of it, bc i was very hungry and it seemed like such a simple idea, but -- hey, it's a simple idea not everyone's had, so i should share!

what you do is, you take about a half cup of mirepoix (2 parts onion to 1 each celery and carrot, finely chopped) and saute it gently in 2 tbs butter for a while. which, come to think of it, is maybe part of the definition of mirepoix, because that's what you always do with it, i dunno. anyway, so then you take a cup of cooked rice, a pinch of salt, a few grinds of black pepper, and about a teaspon of mooshed garlic, and you turn up the heat and stir fry that all together until the garlic smells roasty instead of sharp. pile it in a bowl, and spritz a little lemon juice over it.

i had this for lunch as the bed for some fried fish, and i still have heart eyes over it. really really good. i'm thinking it'd be even better with the addition of some peas, maybe, and a bit of finely chopped spinach added at the end as a garnish.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    • Winner x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice