Kintsugi Kitchen

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, May 19, 2015.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I've been making twice baked feta sweet potatos, and they're really good and easy (if time consuming because the baking process takes a while)

you take a large sweet potato, bake it until tender (remember to poke holes in the skin), then you half it scoop out the insides but leave the outside intact, mix them with half a block of feta, some minced garlic and pepper, and then you either scoop it back into the halfs, or you scoop all of it into one half and then crack an egg into the other one, sprinkle some feta, salt and pepper on top and pop it back into the oven until the egg is as done as you want it

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Wow, that sounds good! I might make that today honestly!

• Like x 1
  3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I made butter last night! This is exciting on its own, bc homemade butter is the best, but I made a larger batch this time and it wouldn't all fit in my butter bell, so I split the remainder in two and made two different flavors of compounded butter. My sis made scones this morning, and I just ate a scone with the sweet compounded flavor, and it was amazing.

Vanilla sugar-crusted scone with whipped orange floral honey butter = *heart eyes*

• Winner x 11
    • Agree x 1
  4. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I tend to microwave mine for like 10 seconds tops and then work it into the sugar with a fork

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

roasted salmon with peppers, potatoes, and kale! marinaded the salmon with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, sesame oil, and brown sugar for a couple hours, then used the marinade to flavor the roasted veg. kale is with slightly charred red onions and garlic. baked at 320 for about 45 minutes. enough for me, my roommate, and also leftovers for a couple days :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner x 9
  6. TheOwlet

made zucchini double chocolate cake today and GOD it'd good. I was considering putting on a glaze, but frankly the thing is so decadent and chocolatey already that it doesn't need any extra, lest it become overwhelming.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  7. TheOwlet

tried out a recipe i came up with a while ago and it's really really good: stuffed turkey hearts on pomegranate risotto and honestly? pome risotto is baller as hell and I might just leave out the meat addition next time, or go for something less involveed but it's just. It's good y'all. it's really really good.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i made pork mince stir-fry! w/ pork mince, carrots, onion, and sage, some beef stock, 2x small stock container full of soy sauce, some tumeric, ginger, white pepper, garlic powder, and ground cloves, and a bit of sesame oil all put in at once (well the sesame oil went in the pan first to oil it then the rest went in), then some corn starch water to make it form a sauce, then after it was mostly cooked I added mung bean sprouts and spring onion!

and also plain rice for it to be served over

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Apparently it's that time of year again when I go looking for mulled cider recipes and rediscover, again, that none of the early search engine hits have any middle ground between "add 2 cloves and 2 allspice berries to an entire gallon of apple juice! Don't worry, you can use less if it's too spicy :)" and "add 6 whole star anise and reflect on your sins."

• Like x 2
  10. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

• Useful x 1
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I ended up throwing a completely ad-libbed amount of the spices I keep around for chai in this time, but I'll keep those recipes on hand for future endeavors!

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

No worries! That is my preferred method for spicing most things, tbh.

13. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I steeped some chai in hot eggnog and oh boy that was a good idea.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

How dare you, I go through both of those quickly enough

• Like x 1
  15. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I'm gonna try some cider next :3

• Like x 1
  16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

tonights dinner: storebrought garlic bread (the kind that comes half-baked and needs to finish cooking in the oven), cheesy peppery cabbage, and homemade meatballs

meatball seasonings: chopped onion and garlic, dried sweet basil, a splash of soy sauce, and powdered ginger and white pepper; also requires some breadcrumbs for not falling apart but according to mum you can also use an egg to get the meatballs to stick together as meatballs instead of turning into flavoured mince

• Winner x 2
  17. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I've never thought of combining cabbage and cheese. I'll have to look into some recipes

18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

so what does one do with like a pint of rendered goose fat/oil? we braised a goose for Christmas and now we aren't sure what to do with everything we skimmed off the top of the stock pot
    [​IMG]

19. TheOwlet

fry potatoes in it! or any sort of savoury food really, it's gonna have all the goose fat flavour as a bonus

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

• Winner x 4
    • Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice