Kintsugi Kitchen

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, May 19, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

oooh, I was going all heart eyes over those pumpkin dutch ovens the other week. that stew looks delicious too!!

• Like x 1
  2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

What's everyone's favorite recipe for getting rid of a lot of cheese real fast?

3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

what kind of cheese?

4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Monterey Jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla, and asadero cheeses. It's all mixed up in an 80 oz bag.

• Like x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

A classic oven baked Mac n cheese is good. Shells are also good if you don't have any macaroni elbows

• Agree x 3
  6. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

maybe a broccoli cheese soup or another cheese-based soup?? I believe shredded cheese freezes fine, too, if your concern is just it going bad.

• Agree x 3
  7. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Lots of cheese sauce! Put it on veggies, put it on noodles, make scalloped potatoes!

• Agree x 2
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

any number of casseroles would probably be able to take a good amount of that off your hands

• Agree x 1
  9. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

if you make a huge batch of cheese sauce, you could put together a bunch of mac and cheese/other pasta casserole, portion it into aluminum casserole dishes, and freeze them for future baking

alternatively, it's a great opportunity for a grilled cheese party

• Agree x 1
  10. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

talk of cheese and casseroles got me wanting what my family termed 'heartburn', which was basically a thick chili in a deep round casserole dish, topped with Fritos and cheese... man, I don't think I've had that in 15 years.

• Like x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Took a few cans of beef broth, topped off with water to make it deep enough for the noodles, and seasoned with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and hot sauce before cooking some udon noodles in it. When the noods were almost done I added a healthy amount of sesame oil XD love that stuff, makes things taste so rich and homey. You could add other stuff of course but sometimes all I want is noodles and tasty broth.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

A really good sauce for either peanut stir fry or cold peanut noodles: Mix equal parts hoisin sauce and peanut butter, add to taste: soy sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce. Add water or coconut milk to get the right consistency. You can also leave out the garlic and ginger if they're going in the stir fry itself. Been eating a ton of this the last couple weeks while visiting my sibling!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  13. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Anyone got any tips and tricks for making baozi? I absolutely adore them but they're a very high-spoons process to make, any advice for making the process quicker/easier would be greatly appreciated, thankyou!

14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    five pies at the thanksgiving family friends get-together :D I made the pecan pie; it uses intentionally curdled caramel. came out incredible <3

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

upload_2023-12-20_20-36-45.png
    roast duck, honey glazed carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, and giblet gravy :)

• Winner x 10
  16. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I've been told to go on a low FODMAP diet for at least a month.

Does anyone have any tips for adjusting to my new, garlic-free existence?

17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I went through my parents' cabinets while they were out of town and pulled out all the canned food that was past the expiration date. Anything old enough that I was actually worried about it I threw out, but there's some I'm sure is fine but would rather someone eats before I stop being sure. Does anyone have any good ideas what to do with any of:
    • 5 jars of various brands and flavors of marinara sauce
    • 3 cans of tomato puree my dad got on accident when Mom asked for tomato paste
    • a can of evaporated milk
    • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
    I could dump all the sauce together, reseason it, freeze it, and not buy pasta sauce for ages, I guess, and I know mushroom soup is part of a lot of midwestern "throw a bunch of stuff in a casserole dish and stick it in the over for 45 minutes" recipes, but if anyone has any more interesting ideas I'd appreciate it.

18. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

evaporated milk i think can be turned into dulce de leche if you desire to say, make a cake with it?

• Agree x 3
  19. My mom reccomends cream of tomato soup to get rid of the tomato puree. If anyone in your household likes chili that's another option. Idk about the rest tho

20. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I use cream of mushroom soup (condensed specifically, tho i assume regular would work if you use less liquid) for beef stroganoff. extremely vague recipe is thus;

get beef.. a poundish? the amount you want. brown with onion, mushroom, garlic. add a cup or two of beef stock. add a can or two of cream of mushroom soup. simmer. add dollop of sour cream, serve over egg noodles

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice