Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (That's the big tree in the middle of the alienage.)
    [​IMG]

2. blue

3. blue

[[CODEX INTERLUDE]]

When the holy Exalted March of the Dales resulted in the dissolution of the elven kingdom, leaving a great many elves homeless once again, the Divine Renata I declared that all lands loyal to the Chantry must give the elves refuge within their own walls. Considering the atrocities committed by the elves at Red Crossing, this was a great testament to the Chantry's charity. There was one condition, however--the elves were to lay aside their pagan gods and live under the rule of the Chantry.

Some of the elves refused our goodwill. They banded together to form the wandering Dalish elves, keeping their old elven ways--and their hatred of humans--alive. To this day, Dalish elves still terrorize those of us who stray too close to their camps. Most of the elves, however, saw that it was wisest to live under the protection of humans.

And so we took the elves into our cities and tried to integrate them. We invited them into our own homes and gave them jobs as servants and farmhands. Here, in Denerim, the elves even have their own quarter, governed by an elven keeper. Most have proven to be productive members of society. Still, a small segment of the elven community remains dissatisfied. These troublemakers and malcontents roam the streets causing mayhem, rebelling against authority and making a general nuisance of themselves.

--From Ferelden: Folklore and History, by Sister Petrine, Chantry scholar
    (I'm sensing some degree of unreliable narrator going on here.)

Lowtown is home to a squalid elven alienage. Here, like in most Thedas alienages, elves are packed into tiny rundown apartments and effectively segregated from the human population.

Kirkwall's alienage is even more dilapidated than the rest of Lowtown, but the elves go to great lengths keeping the place looking bright and festive. The vhenadahl ("Tree of the People") standing in the middle of the alienage is a symbol for elven pride and shared cultural identity, and it is lovingly cared for.

It's difficult to say if the elves would continue confining themselves to the alienage if they were given the chance to mingle. They may not admit it, but some feel that living among their kind is far better than living with humans, no matter how terrible alienage life may be.

—From In Pursuit of Knowledge: The Travels of a Chantry Scholar, by Brother Genitivi

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. blue

Gamlen's house - and this latest batch of images - will have to wait until tomorrow, because someone is inconsiderately trying to go to sleep in the computer room bedroom room with a bed and a computer in it.

5. blue

Ok, we're back! And I added the other Codex entry we found last night to the post above. ^^

[​IMG]
    ^Aveline is speaking here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Aveline, distracted by the inexplicable shirtless and bald elf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile:

[​IMG]
    Home, sweet home.
    [​IMG]
    Merrill's so excited <3
    [​IMG]

#kpda2banter #aveline+varric

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...Books! Yay! (??? who sent these here)

7. blue

[[CODEX INTERLUDE]]

Written by a Fereldan refugee as she fled the Blight, this book of poems describes her dreams of a new start in Kirkwall, the city across the sea. Readers will surely be enriched by her insights.
    Written by a Fereldan refugee as she fled the Blight, this book of poems contains touching reminiscences of all she had to leave behind. Readers will surely benefit from her experience.

..Did our mom write these? Or just order them? Maybe Carver secretly loves poetry? Or we ordered them while sleepwalking?

:mystery:

8. blue

Anyway, she's got a quest icon, let's go talk to her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Gamlen speaking.
    [​IMG]

>_?

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

> This isn't a dream?

10. blue

>This isn't a dream?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Tell me about our family.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >What exactly did the will say?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Carver is speaking here, and for once, I agree with him
    [​IMG]
    >_?

11. IvyLB

> Why so defensive?

12. blue

>Why so defensive?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >:|
    [​IMG]
    Because you gambled it away, yes?
    [​IMG]
    ^Carver.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now Carver wants to talk to us too??

13. IvyLB

Carver is so rude here but i can understand him and Sparrow Hawke isn't really better because Gamlin IS AN ASS
    but let's talk to him

14. blue

[​IMG]
    ...?
    [​IMG]
    Oh, come on!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

15. IvyLB

.... what the fuck carver you just antagonized Gamlen A LOT and now this?????
    > THIS IS THE ADVANTAGE WE NEED!!!

16. blue

I know, right? I am Confused.
    >This is the advantage we need!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ??!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Okay, you seem mad at Gamlen again. Did you just want to get in a dig at Hawke??)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

17. > No one will miss slavers.

• Like x 1
  18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I've done that. It's honestly not thaaaat hard because it's basically going "Merril no" "Merril plz" "come on Merril no blood magic plz". Comparatively, given spoilery futture happenings which I won't specify, doing the friend route with her honestly felt a bit enabling to me?

19. blue

>No one will miss slavers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. blue

The thing about me and video games is that it's easier for me to be *nice* than *good.* :P Maybe rivaling is less questionable, but it requires rocking the boat!

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice