Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

gamlen: GAMLEN YES!!

And we were going to go do Aveline's quest before, weren't we. Let's do that. Gimme a sec to get it started :D I assume you guys want to bring Merrill and not Carver?

3. IvyLB

yes pls. merrill is an adorable princess

4. blue

[​IMG]
    Dropping by Lowtown really fast 'cuz my inventory is full of junk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#kpda2banter #aveline+varric

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like x 4
  5. blue

6. IvyLB

(I mean Varric has a point and im hoping aveline will take it as a compliment)

• Like x 1
  7. blue

[​IMG]
    Aveline is not fond of Lowtown.
    [​IMG]
    I fuckin love that this lady is named "Trinketsmonger"

• Like x 2
  8. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ambushed by a different plot point!
    [​IMG]
    spoooky.
    [​IMG]
    We found a shiny plant!
    Embriums are flowers from the orchid family. Its therapeutic qualities were actually discovered because of the embrium's exceptional beauty.

The beloved daughter of Lord Ignace Poulenc of Orlais fell victim to a terrible sickness of the lungs, which her healers were unable to cure. Thinking the girl would soon perish, her parents surrounded her bed with brightly colored flowers, hoping that they would bring some warmth and cheer in her last days. Oddly enough, the girl began to recover from the illness, and grew stronger each day. Her parents were baffled, but overjoyed. The healers eventually learned that the fragrance of one of the flowers eased the child's breathing. The flower was an embrium, and later became known as the Salubrious Embrium.

The other variant that has certain magical properties is known as Dark Embrium.

—An excerpt from The Botanical Compendium by Ines Arancia, botanist

[​IMG]
    Hawke&co. dispatch the giant spiders quickly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

9. IvyLB

> What are you talking about?

• Like x 2
  10. blue

>What are you talking about?
    [​IMG]
    :cronus:
    (Whenever I see the one eyebrow raised face now I think of this!)
    [​IMG]
    Oh! There was a rumor about him.
    [​IMG]
    Lol Varric.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Varric again.
    [​IMG]

>_?

11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

>they offered this to you?

• Like x 1
  12. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

They offered this to you?

13. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    • Like x 5
  14. blue

>They offered this to you?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Dwarves don't have explosives?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >But magic already does this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (No dwarf mages.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(There're three responses on the right, but they aren't diplomatic-humorous-aggressive; the top and bottom ones accept the quest, while the middle one rejects it.)
    >_?

15. blue

Oh, also, we have almost forty gold! We're doing well. :D (I expect we'll tarry a lot longer to do lots of quests, but. We don't have to worry too much about raising the funds at this point.)

16. IvyLB

> I'm in it if the coin's good

• Like x 2
  17. blue

>I'm in if the coin's good
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aveline's mad at us. Whoops.

Being lost in an ancient Tevinter ruin in northern Rivain is highly overrated.

And then I found myself beset by several bands of Qunari, apparently working in concert. I fled and managed to hide in a little village by the name of Vindaar. The people there, mostly humans and a few elves, were devout followers of the Qun.

It was the most organized village I ever laid eyes on. The houses were identical and arranged along perfectly orthogonal lines. The fields were well tended and apparently communal. But there were signs of damage everywhere, as if the town had suffered repeated sieges: buildings shattered, fields burned, and a great many empty houses. I spent the night in the home of Vindaar's matriarch, who introduced herself only as, "Seer". When I tried to regale my hostess with the tale of my Qunari assailants, I discovered something.

Qunari, Seer said, are people who follow the Qun. Her people. Those born into Qunari society who reject the Qun are called Vashoth, which means "gray ones". These gray ones must leave their homes, for they have no place among the Qunari. Sadly, many turn against the society that cast them out.

These outcasts call themselves Tal-Vashoth, "the true gray ones". Often, they have no skills to make an honest living, so they sell themselves into service, usually becoming mercenaries. Even the most inept fighter among the Qunari race possesses prodigious size and an intimidating visage. These, she informed me, were my attackers in the countryside, the same band that wreaked such havoc on Vindaar.

The Tal-Vashoth wage a bitter war against the Qun, the Qunari, and sometimes against order itself. They are no match for the Qunari army, so they generally strike at farms, travelers, and those who stray too far from Qunari protection. I was lucky to escape with my life.

—From In Pursuit of Knowledge: The Travels of a Chantry Scholar, by Brother Genitivi

• Like x 2
  18. blue

Ok, NOW we'll do Aveline's quest. For real this time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There are some stragglers. They attack us! We defeat them. I wish you guys could see or hear the lines shouted during battle, like Varric's "One more for me! How many have you got, Hawke?" and Merrill's post-battle "That was exciting!" but they don't show up in the subtitles, probably because they're said like fifty thousand times over the course of the game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yup, bandits! (Looking at this I've just realized that I forgot to loot that barrel before I left. Boooo)
    [​IMG]
    Is charging into a group of enemies to cast cone of cold the best mage battle strategy? Probably not...
    [​IMG]
    ...but it's SO SATISFYING. (The green is Merrill's nature magic attack.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To the Keep!

• Like x 1
  19. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (fade to black followed by)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

20. garden

garden lucid dreamer

>Well, whose patrol was it?

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice