Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HELL YEAH.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Me... too, Hawke.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately y'all are going to have to afford to remain here overnight, because the voice in Hawke's head needs sleep. >.>;

• Like x 7
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Blood magic which he apparently learned from the serial killer who killed Hawke's mom.

And yeah, I've seen a number of different theories to explain that which are some variation on "Varric blatantly lied about this bit."

• Like x 5
  3. blue

• Like x 6
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

If only there were some people trained in combat here, who could give ideas like "start out on the way, your advantage is carrying from a distance." Since kind of champion, if you will.

Srsly tho wtf demon Orsino, your aim sucks

• Like x 6
  5. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

tyragif.gif

Orsino, you can have the same gif Anders got, because WTF BRO. Turning into a giant rage monster =/= a good understanding of battle tactics.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  6. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Because in development, someone in the corporate food chain insisted that there needed to be two boss fights in the Gallows, regardless of route. It makes somwhat more sense on the Templar route - other than that the Harvester was, lore-wise, something Orsino had no way of knowing about.

• Like x 7
  7. LadyNighteyes

Didn't the DLC it originally appeared in end with a bunch more of them escaping into the Deep Roads? If you really wanted to stretch it, someone could have encountered one and the information got to Orsino that way.

...Ooor Anders mentioned this fucked-up thing the Warden fought once to Varric and Varric lied about it. :::PPP

• Like x 8
  8. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

"Varric lied about it" is my go to hand wave for all weird things in the game

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  9. LadyNighteyes

I've seen at least three variations on "Varric lied about it" for this one specifically, and they are:
    1. Orsino got out alive and Varric was covering his ass
    2. Orsino did the thing and charged in and killed a bunch of Templars, but Varric didn't think it'd go over well with Cass that Hawke didn't try to stop/kill the horrifying blood magic monster
    3. ...and the one from that fic Blue posted in the DA thread.
      Hawke up and murdered Orsino because they found out his connection to Quentin.

• Like x 8
  10. blue

Sorry for the sudden halt in the middle of the endgame, y'all; the week got unexpectedly busy, but I'll try to get back to it soon.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Like x 1
  11. blue

i can't FIND THE LAST VIDEO I TOOK >:T

• Witnessed x 2
  12. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old friend,

First Enchanter Casimira was no blood mage! Hogwash! Your story of her investing dark arts into the staff is just that: a fable.

Casimira was, in fact, the first leader of Kirkwall's Circle of Magi. She was saddled with the great task of transforming a decrepit, crumbling prison into a proper home for mages transferred to her from all over Thedas. Some of those mages were apostates, men and women one step away from being rendered Tranquil, and it was her unfortunate task to keep order.

How many battles did she fight in those early days? How much blood was spilled on these grounds? Casimira had to be a hard woman, but she did it to keep the templars from declaring the Right of Annulment and killing us all.

And your other rumor that she was arrested by the first knight-commander? I am telling you it isn't so. I have studied the records, and the truth of the matter is that Casimira was taken by a demon and slain before she could endanger the tower. The templars admired her strength in holding the demon back long enough for them to act. It was a noble sacrifice, and Casmira's staff was kept by the first enchanters to commemorate this. It saddens me that people choose to dwell on its form rather than the lesson it signifies.

— A letter by First Enchanter Orsino, 9:26 Dragon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    uhh,
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I like how we acquire a 'Staff of Violation' on a screencap of Orsino's butt :P

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  14. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

It's really funny that, given the angle of the screenshot, it looks like you took the Staff of Violation out of his butt.

ETA: Ninja'd, dammit Loq

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
  15. blue

Things that are in the Circle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FIRE ROOM.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DEMON ROOM.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WAY TOO MANY TEMPLARS.
    [​IMG]
    pull of the abyss is a very good spell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @orsino i'm in ur office taking ur things
    [​IMG]
    WHY are there DEMONS in the COURTyARD
    [​IMG]

The Shield of the Resolute was once worn by Knight-Commander Reiner of Starkhaven. Reiner's father crafted this shield for him when Reiner was recruited to the templar order. It was plain and unadorned when it first left the anvil, a simple shield for a smith's son.

Reiner proved himself on a mission to rescue several mages from a demon. Upon seeing the creature, the other templars fell back in fear. Only Reiner held position, his father's shield in front of him. He killed the demon and saved both the mages and his fellow templars.

Reiner's heroism earned him respect. His superiors, his colleagues, and the mages of Starkhaven's Circle saw him a fair and honorable templar. He was knight-commander by thirty-five.

Reiner's shield was modified over the years and enchanted at least twice. By the time Reiner passed the shield on to his successor, it no longer looked as it did when Reiner first strapped it to his arm; it had become a shield worthy of a knight-commander.
    [​IMG]
    This would be real helpful were I a rogue.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway uh, let's fuckin go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

• Like x 1
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Purble

• Agree x 5
  17. LadyNighteyes

brotherhood of the purple hawk.jpg

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  18. blue

>Been waiting for this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    UHH YIKES
    [​IMG]
    SAME VARRIC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

> It killed him, Meredith.

• Agree x 3
  20. LadyNighteyes

brotherhood of the purple hawk.jpg

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice