Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Oh, absolutely! Merril refers to both as "spirit". And we get to see "good spirits" do dubious stuff too, like the mage in the Origins thread points out (you challenge unarmed people to duels?). Basically spirits and demons are just... driven and singleminded in a way that can often be questionable.

• Like x 1
  2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I don't even like Anders much, but FLIRT OPTION, as we'd agreed ;)

3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

>I like men with dark pasts.
    [​IMG] \[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Companion get!

@Zizoz I'm glad you're enjoying it! I have an irrational dislike of .. well, most video things, but especially video tutorials and video lets plays, so I sympathize : P

• Like x 2
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Okay, Anders definitly has a tendency to word things awkwardly if he doesn't intend to sound like he's trying to flirt with Hawke so much, because 'My maps are yours, as am I' definitly sounds like he wants to be romanced lmao
    i think we should stick with our current party though!

• Like x 7
  5. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Where to go, what to do and - excitingly - who to bring? (Again, counting Hawke, we should have at least one mage, rogue, and warrior in the party.)
    >_?

6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

And in the origins thread, we'll eventually get to Anders and Justice before they became a fusion. Also on the spirit/demon divide, one of the DA:I companions is a spirit of compassion. He wants to help but his methods are sometimes....um...

Loose Ends with Carver, Anders and Varric! or stop by the tavern

• Like x 5
  7. blue

[[CODEX INTERLUDE]]
    "Magic is a tool, same as a bow or sword. Would you cut off a child's hand to ensure he never wields one in anger?"

Anders has a rocky history with the Circle of Magi. Taken from his family when his talents first manifested, Anders was still a boy the first time he ran away from the Circle. Recaptured and returned dozens of times, Anders was still considered only a reckless scamp by First Enchanter Irving, who thought his easy temper and sense of humor made him no true threat. But during his final escape, Anders befriended the Warden Commander of Amaranthine and accepted an offer to become a Grey Warden.

Life as a Warden changed him, introducing him to the free Fade spirit called Justice, who slowly convinced Anders to turn his attention beyond his personal suffering. Infused with Justice's fervor, Anders offered to merge with the spirit in the name of mage freedom, starting them both down a dangerous path that turned the purity of Justice into the unthinking hatred of Vengeance.
    Although apprentices do not know the nature of the Harrowing, all of them understand its consequences: They either pass and become full mages, or they are never seen again. Those who fear to undertake this rite of passage, or those who are deemed weak or unstable, are given the Rite of Tranquility instead.

The actual procedure, like the Harrowing, is secret, but the results are just as well known. The rite severs connection to the Fade. The Tranquil, therefore, do not dream. This removes the greatest danger that threatens a weak or unprepared mage, the potential to attract demons across the Veil. But this is the least of Tranquility's effects. For the absence of dreams brings with it the end of all magical ability, as well as all emotion.

The Tranquil, ironically, resemble sleepwalkers, never entirely awake nor asleep. They are still part of our Circle, however, and some might say they are the most critical part. They have incredible powers of concentration, for it is simply impossible to distract a Tranquil mage, and this makes them capable of becoming craftsmen of such skill that they rival even the adeptness of the dwarves. The Formari, the branch of the Circle devoted to item enchantment, is made up exclusively of Tranquil, and is the source of all the wealth that sustains our towers.

—From On Tranquility and the Role of the Fade in Human Society, by First Enchanter Josephus.

• Like x 2
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I think we should let Aveline get back to her actual job, since she's got a lot to do what with being the new Captain and all. And then maybe we could go welcome Merrill home finally? (despite the fact that we've been dragging her all around the city.) That one seems like it should be the simplest to get done, so we can whittle the list down a little. And that would make our party Carver, Anders, and Varric.

• Like x 2
  9. Zizoz

Zizoz Member

I was thinking of suggesting the tavern, so I'll second that idea. Although I like the other options too.

10. blue

Okay, I have a really enormous number of screenshots due to being ambushed by a wild ACTION CUTSCENE; stay tuned.

11. blue

Set out from Darktown with Anders, Varric, and Carver in tow. The first line of this banter is Anders saying "What?" but I did not turn around fast enough to get a picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lmao, Varric.

It's MAIL TIME at Gamlen's house (aka there's a letter icon next to it on the map) so I headed there.

[​IMG]
    Gamlen is unhappy with how many letters I get. I don't see why, Gamlen, it doesn't cost you any money.
    [​IMG]
    ...Oh!
    I thought you could only get this quest by doing Loose Ends, but I got it in the mail. It might not even have anything to do with Loose Ends. Anyway, shift focus, guys, this is the companion-getting quest. :P

We walk into the Hanged Man..
    [​IMG]
    And a cutscene triggers!
    [​IMG]
    Hawke is as suspicious of this as I am.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#kpda2banter #anders+varric

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like x 1
  12. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She bangs his head on the bar repeatedly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another guy grabs her from behind, so she headbutts him, frees herself..
    [​IMG]
    strategically ducks...
    [​IMG]
    causing the guy to hit the other guy with a bottle...
    [​IMG]
    decks a guy...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and pulls out a knife VERY FAST.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He flees.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hot DAMN.

Ok, we have BUSINESS to follow up. Businesslike business with Varric. We have to do that, and then we can go talk to the sexy mysterious stranger, yes?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So businesslike.
    [​IMG]
    >_?

13. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

As I recall, it was mostly "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

so, option 2.

• Like x 4
  14. Wiwaxia

Also damn, that lady knows how to run a bar fight. 10/10

• Like x 4
  15. blue

>"Maker, that's big!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Tell me about Bartrand.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Let's discuss the expedition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >I want to get to know you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  16. blue

>What do you do?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

• Like x 1
  17. Wiwaxia

WAR STORIES!

• Like x 1
  18. blue

I'm away from home, so I can't do it right now, but I will. Anyway I just remembered I should tell you guys about rivalry; it's not necessarily a negative, it just indicates that you disagree with someone or do things they don't approve of. You get different cutscenes with them, and if you're romancing them various stuff is different, but they still are in a relationship with you- it's kind of <3<-y.

• Like x 5
  19. blue

>Have any war stories?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kirkwall is built on a solid foundation of greed and human suffering, and its underworld is a place where everything is for sale and everyone is fair game.

There are many criminal empires within the city, some of which have been around since the Imperium used Kirkwall as a hub in the slave trade. Alliances, spying, manipulation, betrayal, and open warfare is all commonplace in the never-ending struggle for power.

The Coterie is a thieves' guild that has been around for almost a century, but until recently was never a major player in the underworld. Some twenty years ago, the strongest of the local criminal empires was an ancient guild known as the Sabrathan, but its leader was betrayed from within, and during the turmoil the Coterie made a successful grab for power.

Since then, they've sunk their claws into almost every level of Kirkwall, including the city guard, the Dwarven Merchants Guild, and some of the most influential citizens in the city. It's safe to say that the Coterie gets a slice of every pie, and very little goes on in Kirkwall that escapes their notice.

—From In Pursuit of Knowledge: The Travels of a Chantry Scholar, by Brother Genitivi

• Like x 1
  20. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can't take you guys anywhere!!

#kpda2banter #anders+carver

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice