Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Tell me what you know.

2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

>Tell me what you know.
    [​IMG]
    Andraste's ass, Hawke.
    [​IMG]
    No, cuz then I'd be one, and technically Isabela's the only - never mind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    .... >:\
    [​IMG]

>_?

3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

>that figures.

(Hooray, the thread returns! Hello :D)

• Like x 1
  4. blue

(Hello! :D :D)
    >That figures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't LOVE the "try this business" phrasing, dude. :|
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YOU DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS IMPORTANT TO TELL ME FIRST THING??
    [​IMG]
    Should we go straight after Feynriel, or detour to the Sharps hideout to go beat up random criminals? (It's the spot marked on the minimap with the glowy icon.)

>_?

• Like x 1
  5. IvyLB

i'd quickly detour while we're here

• Like x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

And Aveline is with us! She should have fun with that.

• Like x 1
  7. blue

>Go beat up some random criminals
    [​IMG]
    Gladly.
    [​IMG]
    Who -
    [​IMG]
    .... ???
    [​IMG]
    I agree, Hawke.
    [​IMG]
    I drop by Gamlen's real quick because my DA2 combat skills are even worse when I'm distracted and everyone keeps racking up injuries.

• Like x 2
  8. blue

[​IMG]
    Merrill, I love you. <3
    [​IMG]
    GET OUT THE WAY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A new loading screen! This one's, uh, ominous. I didn't get it but everything turns black except her red glowing eyes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Door's locked.
    [​IMG]
    We go around. For once my absurdly roundabout map exploring tactics came in handy. (I stick to the left hand wall. I have a really bad sense of direction in videogames.)
    [​IMG]
    Oh dear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ohh dear.
    [​IMG]
    Shit shit shit
    [​IMG]
    (the camera zooms in dramatically on her)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >YOU HATE ABOMINATIONS YOU HATE ABOMINATIONS YOU HATE ABOMINATIONS
    [​IMG]
    Are we interrupting anything?

• Like x 4
  9. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What's this she was carrying?
    [​IMG]
    Oh. Oh, no.

):

• Like x 1
  10. blue

Sorry, I felt the need to break up that post for dramatic effect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i KNEW that sketchy-ass undercity fucker was up to something!!!!

What to do first?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

"We arrived in the dead of night. We had been tracking the maleficar for days, and finally had him cornered... or so we thought.

As we approached, a home on the edge of the town exploded, sending splinters of wood and fist-sized chunks of rocks into our ranks. We had but moments to regroup before fire rained from the sky, the sounds of destruction wrapped in a hideous laughter from the center of the village.

There, perched atop the spire of the village chantry, stood the mage. But he was human no longer.

We shouted prayers to the Maker and deflected what magic we could, but as we fought, the creature fought harder. I saw my comrades fall, burned by the flaming sky or crushed by debris. The monstrous creature, looking as if a demon were wearing a man like a twisted suit of skin, spotted me and grinned. We had forced it to this, I realized; the mage had made this pact, given himself over to the demon to survive our assault."

—Transcribed from a tale told by a former templar inCumberland, 8:84 Blessed.

It is known that mages are able to walk the Fade while completely aware of their surroundings, unlike most others who may only enter the realm as dreamers and leave it scarcely aware of their experience. Demons are drawn to mages, though whether it is because of this awareness or simply by virtue of their magical power in our world is unknown.

Regardless of the reason, a demon always attempts to possess a mage when it encounters one—by force or by making some kind of deal depending on the strength of the mage. Should the demon get the upper hand, the result is an unholy union known as an abomination. Abominations have been responsible for some of the worst cataclysms in history, and the notion that some mage in a remote tower could turn into such a creature unbeknownst to any was the driving force behind the creation of the Circle of Magi.

Thankfully, abominations are rare. The Circle has methods for weeding out those who are too at risk for demonic possession, and scant few mages would give up their free will to submit to such a bond with a demon. But once an abomination is created, it will do its best to create more. Considering that entire squads of templars have been known to fall at the hands of a single abomination, it is not surprising that the Chantry takes the business of the Circle of Magi very seriously indeed.
    Statues of tortured slaves fill the Gallows courtyard, a ghastly memento of Kirkwall's history. Fifteen-hundred years ago, Kirkwall was the Tevinter Imperium's largest quarry, feeding the construction of the Imperial Highway.

The Imperium's hunger for expansion led to legions of slaves forced into working the quarry. When the empire's construction phase ended, Kirkwall slid naturally into its new role as the capital of the slave trade—the Gallows at its heart.

The statues are not monuments to the suffering of slaves. Every inch and angle of the courtyard was designed by magisters bent on breaking the spirit of newcomers. Executions here took place daily, sometimes hourly, and corpses were hung from gibbets throughout the yard. New slaves trudging in from the docks saw what awaited them.

When Our Lady turned her armies against the Imperium, the slaves of Kirkwall revolted and claimed the city for themselves. The Gallows stood empty for two hundred years, not to be reopened until the crowning of DivineJustinia I. The Gallows transformed the city again when the abandoned prison tower became the home of Kirkwall's Circle.

—From In Pursuit of Knowledge: The Travels of a Chantry Scholar, by Brother Genitivi

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  11. IvyLB

Let's find Danzig.
    and take Fenris? this is a slaver he'll like that, right?

• Like x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Find Danzig! And kick his ass

edit: and yes let's bring fenris

13. blue

Switching Aveline out for Fenris - we could have switched Merrill out, but I figured I should just go with the most obvious option? I dunno, they'd probably both approve?? - we head into Darktown.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am 500% in favor of letting Fenris kick this guy's evilly-bearded ass (and people generally approve when you ask them to help with stuff), but I thought I should at least PRETEND to ask y'all. :P

>_?

14. IvyLB

FENRIS BABY GO GET IM I'LL HOLD YOUR FLOWER :3

• Like x 3
  15. blue

16. IvyLB

Nah

• Like x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

hell no

• Like x 1
  18. blue

>Shoulda thought of that before you LITERALLY TOLD YOUR HENCHMEN TO PUT US IN CHAINS AND SELL US TO TEVINTERS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One unnecessarily-protracted-by-the-arrival-of-reinforcements fight later...
    [​IMG]
    I put points in CON for Isabela 'cuz she kept dying, but the downside is that she doesn't have enough DEX to open standard chests, and says things like "Sorry, I can't, sweet thing" and "Would you also like me to make pigs fly?" when I try to get her to.
    [​IMG]
    Danzig's got a map and some #r4dl00t.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hawke...
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  19. blue

Suddenly, an unplanned Merrill-Fenris banter interlude! (The best party for everybody being rude to each other is Anders-Merrill-Fenris, but unfortunately that'd be super unbalanced with mage!Hawke.)
    [​IMG]
    ^Merrill.
    [​IMG]
    ^Fenris.
    [​IMG]
    Merrill, you live in a city. You live in an alienage!
    [​IMG]
    One road trip to the Wounded Coast later:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If I remember correctly, they're not 100% blood, they're at least a bit ink.
    [​IMG]
    Merrill and Fenris have a metal-off. (As in, "Merrill, it's super metal that you have tattoos made of blood!!")
    [​IMG]
    Merrill loses.

#kpda2banter #fenris+merrill

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like x 5
  20. blue

As we round a corner and look out over the bay (?), Isabela says "I miss being at sea."
    [​IMG]
    Glitterdust is the powdered form of a rock found along the Wounded Coast. When explorers brought the sparkling rock to the markets of the Free Marches, it became immediately popular among wealthy ladies who crushed it and applied the powder to their faces. The added brightness and lustre to the skin, however, soon paled in comparison to the developing rash and coughing fits.

As it turned out, glitterdust is dangerous if ingested or inhaled. It's also extremely flammable, as several ladies discovered after powdering their hair while standing next to a candle. Unfortunately, this resulted in a dozen deaths by conflagration.

These days, glitterdust is used sparingly, and only by experienced alchemists. The most common form of the substance is Volatile Glitterdust. If gathered from caves where darkspawn dwell, the rock produces a powder known as Tainted Glitterdust.

—An excerpt from The Alchemist's Encyclopedia, by Lord Cerastes of Marnas Pell
    [​IMG]
    This random Tal-Vashoth throws a spear at me! Fuckin rude.
    [​IMG]
    Damn Qunari Tal-Vashoth (sorry @OnnaStik) trouser-bandits and their pants-caravan ambushing!
    [​IMG]
    The sky color is super glitched, I think in the same way as the party select screen. In the city, the sun is a big blue ball. Here... it's kind of pretty?
    [​IMG]
    ...?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... We'll come back later, k?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is an old country saying that spindleweed grows best for the sorrowful. Verdant spindleweed in a household's garden has often brought neighbors offering consolation, usually without even asking what might be wrong.

This originates from the plant's use as a seasoning for dishes meant to speed the recovery of the infirm. A person who grows much of it is likely caring for the fatally ill.

—An excerpt from The Botanical Compendium by Ines Arancia, botanist
    [​IMG]
    TEVINTER MAGE casts WOLFRAM ALPHA LOGO!
    [​IMG]
    It's super effective! At least against Merrill.
    [​IMG]
    This fucker has a barrier up so I can't touch him.
    [​IMG]
    BUT THOSE DON'T LAST FOREVER DOUCHEB-

Wait.
    Wait, is Hawke -
    DOES HAWKE DO THE PROFESSOR X FOREHEAD TOUCH WHEN SHE CASTS MIND BLAST
    this is everything i've ever wanted

[​IMG]
    Anyway, here's a secret(ish) passage.
    [​IMG]
    This room is cute! Kinda undertale-y.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :|

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice