Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Who invited Anders Anders?!

• Like x 1
  2. blue

There is actually a sort of sad reason for it, though, which we don't find out in this game so I figure it isn't a spoiler - when he came to the Circle as a kid he wouldn't tell anyone his name, and since he's from the Anderfels they just nicknamed him Anders.

• Like x 7
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Yikes, Templars or death?? I almost don't know what's kinder here.

• Like x 3
  4. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I always- and granted this is pretty dark but- figured that if she really couldn't cope with option A, she could still try option B.

• Like x 4
  5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeah Templars or Death is... hard. And they're Kirkwall templars too.

• Like x 2
  6. blue

Can I take a Final Vote? If you've decided either way, reply with Templars or death in bold. Potentially tie-breaking bonus points for an explanation of why Sparrow specifically would pick it.

7. OnnaStik

Despite what I said earlier, death. Sparrow's gotta stay as far as she reasonably can from the Gallows intake process.

• Like x 3
  8. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I... may also vote for death; both for the above reason, and because she wasn't showing any sign of remorse for mind-controlling Sparrow into killing herself before Sparrow showed that she was a mage, too.

Plus, I've heard bad things about Kirkwall templars.

9. KarrinBlue

...yeah, Death is probably better...

10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

death, because I'm pretty sure that's the best possible outcome for her at this point, and also because she's bad news. Plus Sparrow might be shocked and angry enough to attack her now even if she wouldn't normally do so? That could be one explanation for there not being a "run away, I never want to see your face again" type option, anyway.

11. blue

Well, that's a solid amount of votes.

>YOU JUST TRIED TO MIND CONTROL ME INTO KILLING MYSELF, DUDE
    >also the templars suck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I thought she was gonna.. abominate? But no, Hawke just stabbed her. #welp. Today on Kintsugi Plays DA2: the first appearance of the Murder Knife! (a knife for cutscenes.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Carver,

• Like x 4
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I am increasingly concerned about Carver.

I wonder if Fenris would have had anything to say? and also why Anders didn't.

• Like x 4
  13. blue

Belated codex interlude... of one entry:
    with Origins spoilers so be warned
    Knight-Captain Cullen was one of the few templars who survived the incident at the Circle of Magi in Ferelden. The possessed blood mage Uldred took over the tower, and in his madness, he filled it with summoned demons and abominations. Cullen was imprisoned, tortured, and forced to watch the slaughter of his fellow templars. The ordeal shook him, and he emerged from it convinced that even templars fail to see how dangerous mages can be.

After Cullen returned to his duties, it became clear that he would go to any lengths to enforce the Chantry's rule. His zeal troubled Knight-Commander Greagoir, who feared it unwise to let Cullen watch over the men and women he deemed responsible for his torment.

Greagoir sent Cullen to serve under Knight-Commander Meredith in Kirkwall, hoping time away would calm him, and Meredith found Cullen's view of mages similar to her own. Of her company, only Cullen had seen mages' potentially terrifying power firsthand, and she believed he could influence the other templars' views. Consequently, Cullen rose quickly through the ranks to become Knight-Captain and Meredith's second-in-command.

For some time, a rumor has circulated in the Gallows that Knight-Captain Cullen once fell in love with a young mage from the Circle of Ferelden. The mage was recruited into the Grey Wardens and went on to become the Hero of Ferelden. This rumor seems to cause Cullen pain, though no one knows if it is the pain of lost, unrequited love, or if Cullen is shamed by having had feelings for a mage, of all things.

Knight-Commander Meredith maintains that the rumor is untrue and punishes anyone caught repeating it.

• Like x 3
  14. blue

I think there might be some bugs with dialog triggering in this quest? Varric is apparently supposed to say stuff, but didn't. Anders does disapprove if you send her to the templars, though - he hates blood mages but apparently hates templars even more.

• Like x 4
  15. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

*fumes a lil* Man, I sure do love this sac of flour covered by razorblades

I love the funny bits of dialogue in the end of this quest. it's a shame you don't have Isabela in your party because her "apostate prostitute... apostitute!" is. so adorable.

• Like x 7
  16. OnnaStik

Ugh, my Cullen feels.

• Like x 2
  17. KarrinBlue

Ughh, Cullen really shouldn't have stayed a Templar after the Broken Circle mess. And he especially shouldn't have been promoted, and definitely not in Hellpocalypse City.

• Like x 4
  18. blue

>To market, to market?
    [​IMG]
    Ser, do I look like I am here to shop?
    [​IMG]
    To Darktown, then, although not before giving Carver a rad new sword.
    .. I wonder if Fenris has a good sword.
    I may steal this sword from Carver to give it to Fenris. THIS IS WHY HE HAS ISSUES
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (tiptoeing)
    [​IMG]
    (tiptoeing)
    [​IMG]
    AAAA FUCK WHAT
    [​IMG]
    CARVER DID YOU STEP ON THAT TRAP

Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a switch to disable this? (I went outside and looked again, but did not see it. Oh well.)
    [​IMG]
    Why does everyone have rune designs laying around? Not that I'm complaining. Except I can't do anything with them yet, so I guess I am complaining.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, I almost went past this ostentatiously huge book.

I detest this notion that the Veil is some manner of invisible "curtain" that separates the world of the living from the world of the spirits (whether it be called the Fade or the Beyond is a matter of racial politics I refuse to indulge in at the moment). There is no "this side" and "that side" when it comes to the Veil. One cannot think of it as a physical thing or a barrier or even a "shimmering wall of holy light" (thank you very much for that image, Your Perfection).

Think of the Veil, instead, as opening one's eyes.

Before you opened them, you saw our world as you see it now: static, solid, unchanging. Now that they are open, you see our world as the spirits see it: chaotic, ever-changing, a realm where the imagined and the remembered have as much substance as that which is real—more, in fact. A spirit sees everything as defined by will and memory, and this is why they are so very lost when they cross the Veil. In our world, imagination has no substance. Objects exist independently of how we remember them or what emotions we associate with them. Mages alone possess the power to change the world with their minds, and perhaps this forms the nature of a demon's attraction to them—who can say?

Regardless, the act of passing through the Veil is much more about changing one's perceptions than a physical transition. The Veil is an idea, it is the act of transition itself, and it is only the fact that both living beings and spirits find the transition difficult that gives the Veil any credence as a physical barrier at all.

—From A Dissertation on the Fade as a Physical Manifestation, by Mareno, Senior Enchanter of the Minrathous Circle of Magi, 6:55 Steel
    Maybe this is more helpful to Wren and @OnnaStik .
    [​IMG]
    Hey, guys, why aren't you coming to my aid?
    [​IMG]
    Oh, there are demons over there too.
    [​IMG]
    Fleeeeeee

19. blue

[​IMG]
    There are a bunch of corpses on the ground here.
    [​IMG]
    Fuck.
    [​IMG]
    This is too many skeletons!
    [​IMG]
    #oddlyn4medr4dl00t
    [​IMG]
    Varric, disarming traps like a pro, because apparently we need to, because apparently there's no switch
    [​IMG]
    I....
    [​IMG]
    oh dear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YOUR LIPSTICK IS QUESTIONABLE AND SO ARE YOUR DECISIONS

[​IMG]

anders

• Like x 7
  20. blue

Anyway, once everyone in the room has recovered from being bowled over by that amount of hypocrisy, the conversation continues.
    [​IMG]

>What are you doing here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Her somewhat unhinged facial expressions are kind of great.
    [​IMG]

>_?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice