Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Get ironbark. That seems like it might not be too much trouble. Bring Merrill.

• Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Herbalist's tasks?

3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

That sounds like a good idea! Any opinions on other party members?

I think, also (on a note that probably doesn't affect any of you) I'm gonna go back and put the text of the banters in the posts so I can search them somehow and check which ones I've already posted? Hmm.

4. LadyNighteyes

I think we should bring Anders and Fenris somewhere to see if they get into slapfights, but if we're bringing Merrill for this that'd be three mages and no rogue, which is non-optimal.

5. blue

Btw update: I'm not putting the text of the banters in the posts, but I am tagging them all with #kpda2banter and the names of the characters so I can search for them later.

(does anyone else care or need to care about the minutiae of my thread administration? ... no, but I'm telling you anyway)

• Like x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I know I'd like to see Merril, Fenris, and Anders all interacting, so seconding that unless the party composition problems would be too much.

7. blue

In my attempt to trigger a bunch of banter with characters we don't usually take out together, I got all the Merrill/Anders banters for act 1, and I can post those whenever, so if people want we can take out Anders+Fenris and Fenris+Merrill at different times?

Three mages is, alas, too squishy of a party to be practical in combat.

• Like x 2
  8. LadyNighteyes

Let's take Fenris and Merrill for this, then. Since Max Bitchiness Party isn't optimal if things decide to try to kill us. :::PPP

...Which means we need a rogue. Varric or Isabela?

• Like x 1
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

10. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

seconding Isabela!

11. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

In the meantime, our heroine has a weird dream about dressing super goth and blasting some black-cloaked guy in the face, and then wakes up in the middle of the desert for no discernible reason.

(aka I made Sparrow in FFXIV for the lulz and now she is an animu.)
    sparrow00.png

Hmmmm...
    sparrow01.png

Wait what that wasn't the right menu screen sparrow02.png

At least I can still light things on fire
    sparrow03.png

Now on a carriage with some old guy and two tiny elf kids and there is law enforcement stooping to common banditry. typical.
    sparrow04.png sparrow05.png
    What IS it about the herbs!? (fyi, the guy "searching" for "contraband" produced some from his pocket and pretended he found it on the wagon so he could fine them)

sparrow06.png
    Actually I just sort of woke up in these clothes. which is creepy.

sparrow07.png

I mean ok, I can't even read the street signs.
    sparrow08.png

• Like x 6
  12. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Ok, well, let's look for something familiar. Tavern is a good start.
    sparrow9-1.png

Quest markers look kind of weird tho.
    sparrow9-2.png

sparrow09.png
    Thanks, extra tiny dwarf lady.

sparrow10.png
    Actually, that's my middle name. Sparrow In The Middle Of Nowhere Caught Up In Business I Don't Understand Hawke.

sparrow11.png
    My parents were creative.

sparrow12.png
    sparrow13.png
    sparrow14.png

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

...Ok I just did the intro tutorial but it was fun. Also some people stared at me (your character model's head will follow the movement of whatever you're targeting) so I guess I got the iconic look down pretty well. :p

• Like x 3
  13. blue

How can I possibly be so bad at updating a thread that literally consists of me playing a videogame??

[​IMG]
    Home, sweet home.
    [​IMG]
    What are you doing all the way back there, slowpokes.
    [​IMG]
    I guess the Dalish are used to us just running around their camp now?
    [​IMG]
    Well, mostly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thx, Marethari.
    [​IMG]
    Chill tf out, dude, I'm just...
    [​IMG]
    stealing your things...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. @Enzel I love your FF adventures. :D

• Like x 1
  14. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Merrill, I know you combined this guy to Varric, but he doesn't seem as cool :|

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A lead!

• Like x 1
  15. blue

Ok, let's talk to this Ilen guy then.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Her enunciation on "knee-deep mud" is *vicious.*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  16. blue

[​IMG]
    >Tell me about your trade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >I'm looking for ironbark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    blue-purple-red
    >_?

• Like x 1
  17. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

>Why forbid your hunters?

• Like x 1
  18. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well, I forgot that the purple diamond was the "charming" option. To be fair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Before the ages were named or numbered, our people were glorious and eternal and never-changing. Like the great oak tree, they were constant in their traditions, strong in their roots, and ever reaching for the sky.

They felt no need to rush when life was endless. They worshiped their gods for months at a time. Decisions came after decades of debate, and an introduction could last for years. From time to time, our ancestors would drift into centuries-long slumber, but this was not death, for we know they wandered the Fade in dreams.

In those ages, our people called all the land Elvhenan, which in the old Elven language means "place of our people." And at the center of the world stood the great city of Arlathan, a place of knowledge and debate, where the best of the ancient elves would go to trade knowledge, greet old friends, and settle disputes that had gone on for millennia.

But while our ancestors were caught up in the forever cycle of ages, drifting through life at what we today would consider an intolerable pace, the world outside the lush forests and ancient trees was changing.

The humans first arrived from Par Vollen to the north. Called shemlen, or "quicklings," by the ancients, the humans were pitiful creatures whose lives blinked by in an instant. When they first met the elves, the humans were brash and warlike, quick to anger and quicker to fight, with no patience for the unhurried pace of elven diplomacy.

But the humans brought worse things than war with them. Our ancestors proved susceptible to human diseases, and for the first time in history, elves died of natural causes. What's more, those elves who spent time bartering and negotiating with humans found themselves aging, tainted by the humans' brash and impatient lives. Many believed that the ancient gods had judged them unworthy of their long lives and cast them down among the quicklings. Our ancestors came to look upon the humans as parasites, which I understand is similar to the way the humans see our people in the cities. The ancient elves immediately moved to close Elvhenan off from the humans, for fear that this quickening effect would crumble the civilization.

The Fall of Arlathan, as told by Gisharel, keeper of the Ralaferin clan of the Dalish elves

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IS ALL OF THE BANTER IN THIS CAMP ABOUT YOUR IRONWOOD FUCKUP, POL??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ):

[​IMG]

19. blue

[​IMG]
    X marks the spot?
    [​IMG]
    Hello, darkspawn!
    [​IMG]
    Ok I'll handle this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh.. uh.. never mind.. thanks Merrill 0_0
    Ok, I want you guys to watch this ogre fade head-first into view from nowhere.
    [​IMG]
    Do you see its horns' silhouette, up and to the right of the Bolter's health bar?
    [​IMG]
    Now you can see its head..
    [​IMG]
    Aaaand there it is.
    [​IMG]
    Aaaaaaand now it's gone.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, hey, hello, hi
    [​IMG]
    #nice
    [​IMG]
    >:|
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey Ilen! Just wanted to tell you I cleared out the da-
    [​IMG]
    There's no dialog option for that, huh.

20. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    is this shot of the slave statue in the gallows heavy-handed visual symbolism for fenris thinking about slaves and mages, or
    [​IMG]
    Aww, it's sweet of you to worry.
    [​IMG]
    (blue-purple-red, and as far as I can tell we won't get approval or disapproval from this, so go wild.)

>_?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice