Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Also, that is the weirdest expression.

2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I have to try really hard not to notice that when DA2 characters get sad, their eyebrows just sort of droop over their eye sockets. :psyduck:

• Like x 5
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well that's how I always do it. ARCANE WARRIOR FTW.

• Agree x 1
  4. blue

>Just a few dozen deaths.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i love foolishly traipsing around alone. it's my hobby
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All the choices have the path icon.

>_?

5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

>Saemus is right to question.

• Like x 1
  6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Wow, that's actually some quite nice weathering on that rock back there. Reminds me of the Salinian Block granitoids.

#nice attention to realistic detail on background rocks #wonky-ass faces #i wholeheartedly agree with these priorities

• Like x 5
  7. blue

>Saemus is right to question.
    Look, the Qunari have some sketchy motives, granted, but his probably-BF just did get totes murdered and you could maybe be more sensitive about it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i gotta admit, i am a Fan of Bran. he is so put upon
    [​IMG]
    What happened to Viscount Perrin Threnhold was a travesty. I served in the Keep, and my blood boils when I hear people call him a tyrant. He was a good man who tried his best to freeKirkwall from the control of those who use power for their own purposes. It's always been that way here, hasn't it? Long ago it was the Imperium. Then it was the Qunari, then the Orlesians, now the templars... when have we ever ruled ourselves? He tried to kick those templar bastards out and give us real freedom, and what did it get him?

Now the Chantry has chosen Lord Marlowe Dumar as his replacement. After weeks and weeks of arguing, after telling the nobility that they would be choosing their viscount, after everyone saying it was time to use a new title—why not "king"? Why keep using the name imposed by the Orlesians? And after all that, the Chantry chose him. I suppose I can see why—everyone thinks he has the spine of a jellyfish, and it does seem that way.

Truly, he has the templars on one side, the nobility on the other, and everyone expects him to solve all their problems—yet he has no power to actually accomplish it. He keeps the peace as best he can, and I think he does a good job even if no one else does. And he loves that sad little boy. I see the way young Saemus looks at his father, and I feel for him. Locked up in the Keep with no other children, watching his father be put down by every self-important windbag that walks into the great hall... it makes me miss the days of Perrin Threnhold, even if they were chaotic. We can only hope that one day Saemus gives this city the legacy it deserves.

—Excerpt from a letter by an unknown servant, found in the Gallows vaults 9:28 Dragon

[​IMG]
    Nothing up with Aveline, huh?
    [​IMG]
    Apparently any object with a stylized book on it (here obscured by my cursor, but it's the codex symbol) somehow encodes information about whatever's nearby. A big rock. An.. ornamental fireplace shield.
    It is with pride that I, your viscount, grant the authority of law and civil enforcement upon the guardsmen of an independent Kirkwall.

No more will we defer to the will of foreign troops or draw a holy order into tasks unbefitting their mandate. These proud men and women will be of the people and will enforce the laws we have elected for a civil and ordered society. And should the specter of invasion return, the noble guardsmen will conscript from the population, for who better to amass the people's will than the constables of law charged with its inspection?

This is a great day, fair Kirkwall, and I am honored to appoint the first guard-captain. Long may he serve the will of a free people.

—From Orlesian Legacy: How Institutions of the Oppressors Linger, the speeches of Viscount Michel Lafaille, collected by Philliam, a Bard!

So, who should we take on Act of Mercy (currently our only remaining substantive quest, gasp!)? Other than Not Fenris, that is.

8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Anders? :::PPP

• Like x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

10. blue

While I'm here, I decided to get the "Redblossom Special" reverse fetch quest out of the way...
    [​IMG]
    Ah, Darktown. Such a beautiful atmosphere
    [​IMG]
    ..the guy says as he disappears around the corner.
    [​IMG]
    Good luck with your "embarrassing rash," Ser Shaw!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I...?? It's not a dangerous animal, what does that comment MEAN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#kpda2banter #anders+varric
    [​IMG]

Huh, I still have a quest in nighttime Kirkwall? I thought this was it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ooh, this rumor has developed into an Actual Quest. So that's an option too, although we might as well do Act of Mercy first since I already brought it up. :P

11. Zizoz

Zizoz Member

Aveline for our warrior?

• Like x 2
  12. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

(Hello I haven't gotten update warns about this thread in forever, am all caught up, and let me just say that I kinda... absolutely love how Seamus is coded as 1) really fucking gay and 2) clearly in love with Ashaad despite that being taboo? I just love Seamus and his stupid outfit and hair and the fact that, even though being gay isn't taboo in most of the DA universe, qunari are still "???" and so EVERYONE is weirded out by Seamus's relationship with the qunari and even Hawke has a bit of a don't-ask-don't-tell attitude about that. End of tiny rant.)

• Like x 5
  13. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #kpda2banter #aveline+carver

14. blue

If we bring both Anders and Merrill we will get creamed, even on casual, so I'm gonna bring Varric instead of Merrill. I miss him, anyway. :P

>Act of Mercy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The fact that Meredith is the title screen for this quest is concerning. '_.
    [​IMG]
    nobody told me there would be DRAGONS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>Who are you again?
    [​IMG]
    Rude, Hawke. Remember when you found his dead daughter..?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

What's this about?

• Like x 1
  16. blue

>What's this about?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anders...
    [​IMG]

>Investigate
    >How did the mages get here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Phylacteries?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >What will the templars do?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Meredith?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hush, dude, I just want to pick all the investigation options.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The icons are accept-quest-check, purple, and reject-quest-x respectively.

>_?

17. KarrinBlue

>I will help you.

18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I really wanna see the purple option tho?

• Like x 1
  19. blue

Aaa, sorry Wix, I already did the other one.
    >I will help you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aww.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  20. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    aw shit, skeletons
    [​IMG]
    whoops, hawke down
    [​IMG]
    aaaand varric
    [​IMG]
    ..I don't feel like using up injury kits, so I'ma just.. redo this fight real quick
    [​IMG]
    HEY ASSHOLE
    [​IMG]
    See, you gotta DODGE the AoEs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's suspicious that these corpses are on the grOHH
    [​IMG]
    There's a mage just standing behind these skeletons not doing anything..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>He?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice