Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

>Glad to help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Hey, did we get all the Act 1 companion armor upgrades? I realize it's a little late but...

3. blue

NNNOPE, I FORGOT ABOUT THOSE. I really should have actually looked at the stuff available from stores >.>; I'll cheat in the ones I missed, and try to actually remember them in future acts.

4. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it's unexpectedly pretty down here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>You don't seem excited.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

>let's be careful.

• Like x 1
  6. blue

>Let's be careful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AAA GOLEMS
    [​IMG]
    stop punching me ):
    [​IMG]
    (insert steven universe joke)

Once a crucial part of Orzammar's defenses, golems have all but vanished as the secret to their manufacture was lost over a thousand years ago. What few golems remain are guarded closely by the Shaperate, brought out when the battle with the darkspawngrows desperate enough to risk their loss. No one now would sell a golem for any price, but in ancient times, dwarves sold many golems to the magister lords of Tevinter.

They are devastating weapons in war, living siege engines, capable of hurling boulders like a catapult or plowing through enemy lines like an earthquake.
    [​IMG]
    Isn't vhenadahl an elf thing? What's that doing down here.
    [​IMG]

Like lyrium, orichalcum is a metal most commonly encountered in liquid form. Unlike lyrium, however, orichalcum forms pools and must be drawn like water rather than mined.

Deep Orichalcum is the most common type of the metal, and is often found in places where opals are mined. The rarer Crystalline Orichalcum is found in small pools in the mountains. Folk wisdom says that a drop of orichalcum mixed with wine is a potent aphrodisiac, though it has a pungent smell similar to lye, so I could not bring myself to put this legend to the test.

—An excerpt from An Alchemical Primer of Metallurgy: Volume One, by Lord Cerastes of Marnas Pell
    Orichalcum's apparently a real-ish metal (some ancient word for an alloy?) but it isn't a pure metal, or a liquid like mercury. But I guess sometimes they gotta pull metal names from history instead of just making them up. :P
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Majesty,

It's difficult getting a straight answer out of the scavenger. These sods get themselves so blighted they can't think straight, much less keep spit in their mouths. He says, however, that he's gone down into parts of the Deep Roads that are so old that our people forgot them long before the Blight even happened.

He spoke of great statues and temples--temples! He spoke of things that could have only been made of magic and of impossible ruins untouched by darkspawn. He described creatures the likes of which we've never seen.

None of it's possible, of course. I've conferred with the Shaper and he says the Memories date back to the founding of the first thaig--what could have come before that? Yes, we're unable to explore these depths the scavenger spoke of because of the darkspawn, but surely the Memories would speak of such places if they existed.

Yet in this scavenger's belongings, amidst all the filth, there was a single idol. It was clearly of dwarven make, but not resembling any Paragon on record. The idol was dressed in a manner I've never seen. The Shaper of Memories also could not identify it or the substance from which it was made. The thought that the Memories might be wrong is... unsettling.

— Excerpt from a report sealed in the Orzammar royal archives by order of King Annalar Geldinblade in 8:48Blessed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The camera goes sorta wibbly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He tosses it.
    [​IMG]
    Jeez, that thing is creepy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HAWKE SLIDES DOWN THE BANISTER, DISTRACTING ME FROM THIS SERIOUS MOMENT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. blue

[​IMG]
    Lyrium is the king of metals. Beneath our feet, it sings. When properly refined, it is a smooth, slightly iridescent, silvery liquid. In the hands of the dwarven Smith Caste, it is mixed with steel to produce indestructible armor and blades that hold an edge for centuries. In the hands of the Shaperate, it becomes a repository for living memories. And some scholars maintain this as evidence that lyrium is, itself, alive.

It finds its most lucrative its application in the hands of the Formari, who use it in conjuction with baser metals like gold, silverite, veridium, or even iron to produce enchantments. Though mages, of course, consume it in a diluted form to bolster their abilities, this is not recommended. Overindulgence in lyrium can have disastrous consequences, particularly in more concentrated amounts. It is not advisable, for instance, that any reader handle raw lyrium, which in many cases can kill on contact.

—An excerpt from An Alchemical Primer of Metallurgy: Volume One by Lord Cerastes of Marnas Pell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. KarrinBlue

Nice title change, did you have that one prepared?

• Like x 1
  11. blue

Unbelievably, it only just occurred to me, but the foundation was laid during the year and a half I basically spent watching Firefly on repeat.

• Like x 2
  12. blue

Well, that door's pretty firmly locked, but there's a door on the other side of the room. Deeper into the thaig it is! Good thing I was going that way anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so many shades and golems
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't know why or how this golem was carrying a staff, but (nab)
    [​IMG]
    God damn do I love this glowy red and blue color scheme, tho.
    [​IMG]
    More shades more shades -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What on earth are these dudes?
    [​IMG]

We who are forgotten, remember,
    We clawed at rock until our fingers bled,
    We cried out for justice, but were unheard.
    Our children wept in hunger,
    And so we feasted upon the gods.
    Here we wait, in aeons of silence.
    We few, we profane.

—Found scrawled on a wall in the lost Revann Thaig by explorer Faruma Helmi, 5:10 Exalted. Unknown author.
    Well, that's creepy.
    [​IMG]
    Eyy I finally have a rogue capable of opening standard chests.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You know, I'm getting tired of these doors.
    [​IMG]
    I finish the fight, and... cutscene! One of the Profane, alarmingly, reassembles itself from a pile of rocks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

>Define "without need."

14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

> Define "without need"

15. blue

>Define "without need."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^varric
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Anders?" has the companion aid icon, "You're no visitor" is the special choice icon (I suspect because we're a mage), and the ones on the right are blue-purple-red.

>_?

16. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Notif fuckery for me, I haven't gotten any since i last commented. I only noticed the thread had updated since it was first on the list for the RP section on the front page. :(

That said, as a person who restarted my DAO game a few times when I realized I fucked something up, i approve of companion choices that do specific plot things. (LIKE KEEP THEM ALIVE)

• Like x 1
  17. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I check the forums more or less daily so I don't mind being @ pinged directly for tiebreakers and stuff.

18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

> Anders?

• Like x 1
  19. blue

>Anders?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I missed screenshotting it, but Varric says something like "what are our options?"
    >How will you help us?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

20. KarrinBlue

I vote stab time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice