Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

2. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Notif fuckery happens for me with other threads, so I wonder if it has to do with post frequency? I noticed that I get notifs again if I post in a thread, but eventually they stop for some unknown reason.

I may just stick this thread in my webcomics bookmark folder and check it regularly...

Third vote for purple.

• Like x 1
  3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

dear friends, i totally picked that purple option and took screenshots of the results, but my attempts to upload images anywhere have been completely nonfunctional because of this terrible internet. will i eventually succeed?? MAYBE??

• Like x 1
  4. blue

>I bet Justice loves it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

6. blue

>It'll be fine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Somehow, even though this was a purplehawke choice, I thought it would be SLIGHTLY MORE DIPLOMATIC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I, uh.

Friends, you're gonna have to forgive me for inserting my personal emotional reaction-based commentary into this entirely mostly sometimes impartial and objective let's play, but.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAHH!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    The first two options are both flirts, the last one is aggressive-red.
    >_?

• Like x 2
  7. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

ANDERS, CHRIST. What is romancing him even like, I'm not sure I want to know anymore. o.o

This is a hard...decision but I'm leaning towards >stay in control.

• Like x 2
  8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

>You're losing control.

9. LadyNighteyes

Demons have possessed Anders' eyebrows.

• Like x 5
  10. blue

Well, I have 23 screenshots sitting right here, but imgur is only... ~10% into the first one and it's been a couple minutes, so it might be a while :P

• Like x 3
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I haven't played the romance yet but I watched it on YouTube once (yes) and... yeah the entire tone of the romance is similar to that "drown us in blood" statement, which is... uncomfortable for me. In my next DA2 playthrough I'm romancing Anders, though! and I'll try my best to have fun and enjoy the romance

12. blue

GUESS WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND A HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP WITH WIFI

>Stay in control.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Friends, I took the liberty of taking the option that ends the romance here, because we gotta get back to darling Fenris.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the past three years, Anders has become more reclusive, verging on paranoid. When not with the Champion, he spends his time among the Fereldan refugees in Darktown, healing their ills and counting on their loyalty to protect him from curious templars. After his friend Karl was made Tranquil, then killed, Anders was convinced that the Chantry's entire structure must be overturned to free mages completely from their control. He has joined a group of like-minded apostates who are slowly wearing away Kirkwall's Circle by helping other mages escape. The spirit of Vengeance inside him has manifested more strongly, making it nearly impossible for him to control himself when fighting templars.
    [​IMG]
    The Qunari first thundered into Kirkwall in 7:56 Storm during last of the New Exalted Marches.

The collected nations of Thedas were attempting to drive the Qunari from the northern mainland once and for all. Qunari armies were on the retreat, but in a desperate gamble, their fleet circled around the Amaranthine coast and landed a great force near theMarcher city of Ostwick. Their plan was to overwhelm the Marcher cities of Starkhaven and Kirkwall, Starkhaven to block the roads leading north, and Kirkwall to block ships on the Waking Sea coming from Orlais, all in an effort to deny supplies to the Thedas armies assaulting Rivain. The attack on Starkhaven eventually failed, but Kirkwall was attacked in a daring night raid where the Qunari used their leashed saarebas mages in an unprecedented display of sorcery. The walls were torn down and the city was taken, and for the next four years, Kirkwall endured the most brutal occupation in its history.

Writings from that time are scarce. It was not until after the city was freed that the Qunari's deeds came to light: children taken from families, forced conversion to the Qunari religion, and brutal labor camps. It's ironic that the old slave quarters of Lowtown, still intact after centuries, provided the perfect means for the Qunari to control the city's people. When the famous Orlesian chevalier, Ser Michel Lafaille, rode into the city after finally defeating the Qunari defenders, he wrote, "Kirkwall is full of people with empty eyes that have had all independent thought driven from them." When Lafaille was appointed the city's first viscount by the emperor in 7:60 Storm, he made it his mission to undo the religious conditioning. The Lafaille bloodline remained popular enough that when the city finally rebelled against Orlesian rule in 8:05 Blessed, "viscount" remained the enduring title for Kirkwall's rulers despite its origin.

—From Kirkwall: the City of Chains, by Brother Genitivi, 9:24 Dragon
    No wonder they don't like the Qunari here, god.
    [​IMG]

13. blue

[​IMG]
    (triumphant music)
    [​IMG]
    The last person on our list (other than "our mother" and "Isabela, again") is Aveline! Let's go to the Keep.
    [​IMG]
    From her desk:

The dry, dusty earth swallows up salty drops that splatter its surface. A tiny insect pauses, sensing the vibrations, and scurries off, leaving behind its invisible enemy. As the drops fall, the dark circles merge together, expressing a mirror to their creator.

The primal emotions of bloodlust and sorrow blend into a lethal cocktail that breaks the strongest of men. The jurisdiction of strength must be left to the spirit, not arm nor chest. Only the wisest turn to His inner sanctuary to partition the mind from an all-consuming madness. Seductive voices whispering promise of glory waiting down the weaker path of the flesh, bringing a death far worse than that of hot lead or steel. These blank, hollow promises will echo the unfathomable eternally.

Living comfortably amongst material possessions, it is easy to misunderstand the true meaning of uncontrollable hate. Failing to understand the power of fighting against pure, unfaltering beliefs, against foes that listen only to their soul. Uncontrollable hate. Influenced and thus removed from innocence. The scar is permanent and internal.

The rain, now red, feeds the debt owed for actions passed. Seeking further into the earth, as the mind draws slower. What was it that drew him, himself to this situation? The mind ebbs and parts to a lingering memory of true innocence. He entered war as a newborn enters the world, unknowing of both the horrors and light of the Maker that will save him.

The sound of metal sliding along leather comes from above him. From the second he was born, to his soon-to-be dying breath, his mind was processing and analyzing knowledge and experiences. It is true that he thought he could be wise in his own eyes, but only the most humble recognizes that he knows very little. Bias, speculation and all of false pretenses make way to the sound of the sweeping steel, and then finally, his soul, as ready as his eyes dry from this final understanding, enters His promise of its purist form.

-- From Death of a Templar, by Ser Andrew, Knight of Andraste and Templar Archivist, 9:4 Dragon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

14. LadyNighteyes

Friendzoned by proxy by the Codex. It's probably because he's a mage. :::PPP

• Like x 3
  15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Not what you expected?

16. LadyNighteyes

That is some hella purple prose, wow.

• Like x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

I'm imagining Aveline saying "Dismissed" like four or five times, BTW.

• Like x 7
  18. blue

It's really hard to make it clear that dialogue is not being repeated!! :P But that is much funnier here. GET OUT YOU ANIME-EYED JERK

>Not what you expected?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >:T
    >Investigate
    >My success is your headache?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >You need more resources?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >You knew Jeven left a mess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (path icons)
    >_?

19. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

You love it!

• Like x 1
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

In the eye of a hurricane
    There is quiet
    For just a moment
    A yellow sky

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice