Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

That would be excellent! I don't really know anything about him.

• Like x 2
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I'm grateful for his help!
    (PROTECT SANDAL AT ALL COST. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH)

• Like x 3
  3. blue

>I'm grateful for his help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. blue

AND NOW.. time for EXPLORING OUR NEW DIGS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Huh, but the Gallows isn't in a lake. It's possible he's referring to the Circle tower at Redcliffe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well, no, I just walked into the entrance room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Y'all are really missing out by not getting the voice acting on these lines. XD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  5. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wonder how that got there!
    [​IMG]
    Rude, mom.
    [​IMG]

As the Imperium's borders slowly receded after the devastation of the First Blight and the subsequently barbarian invasion, many outposts in the area, known today as the Free Marches, were cut off from centers of power. Numerous warlords tried consolidating the region into a single kingdom, but resistance prevailed. Emerius held out for almost a century until it fell to a slave revolt in 25Ancient. It was not the first such revolt Emerius suffered, but it was the last.

It started when an Alamarri slave named Radun began earning popularity and power by pushing for better conditions. Radun's growing influence prevented the magisters from touching him, but eventually they had him poisoned. Furious, a group of Radun's supporters stormed the Gallows and were massacred, and so began a bloody yearlong rebellion.

The city burned, and wealthy Hightown was sacked. Themagisters hung before cheering crowds. Emerius assumed the new name of Kirkwall, "kirk" meaning "black," after its jet stone cliffs. The new city plunged into anarchy for over a decade, and its defenses fell into ruin. Kirkwall has been conquered many times since, the city's own independence suffering since the freeing of its slaves.

—From Kirkwall: the City of Chains, by Brother Genitivi, 9:24 Dragon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Niiice, I have a fancy bedroom now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Niiice, now I can wear my cool house outfit wherever I want.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  6. blue

So, options:
    • Talk to the Arishok about ???
    • Talk to Emeric about his investigation
    • Talk to Isabela again
    • Talk to Arianni in the Alienage about Feynriel
    • Talk to Mistress Selby in the Docks about the mage rebellion
    • I guess we could go check on Gamlen??

7. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Ahh, I really like all these details.

(RUDE MOM THAT IS OUR BOYFRIEND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT)

• Like x 4
  8. blue

Oh, also I found one more book, this one in the entrance room:
    For most good folk, the details of our calendar have little purpose. It is useful only for telling them when the Summerday festival will be held, when the snows are expected to begin, and when the harvest must be complete. The naming of the years are a matter for historians and taxmen, and few if pressed could even tell you the reason that our current Age is named after dragons.

It is 9:30 Dragon Age, the thirtieth year of the ninth Age since the crowning of the Chantry's first Divine.

Each Age is exactly 100 years, with the next Age's name chosen in the 99th year. The scholars in Val Royeaux advise the Chantry of portents seen in that 99th year, and Chantry authorities pore over the research for months before the Divine announces the name of the imminent Age. The name is said to be an omen of what is to come, of what the people of Thedas will face for the next hundred years.

The current Age was not meant to be the Dragon Age. Throughout the last months of the Blessed Age, the Chantry was preparing to declare the Sun Age, named for the symbol of theOrlesian Empire, which at that time sprawled over much of the south of Thedas and controlled both Ferelden and what is now Nevarra. It was to be a celebration of Orlesian imperial glory.

But as the rebellion in Ferelden reached a head and the Battle of River Dane was about to begin, a peculiar event occurred: a rampage, the rising of a dreaded high dragon. Dragons had been thought practically extinct since the days of the Nevarran dragon hunts, and they say that to see this great beast rise from the Frostbacks was both majestic and terrifying. As the rampage began and the high dragon decimated the countryside in its search for food, the elderly Divine Faustine II abruptly declared the Dragon Age.

Some say the Divine was declaring support for Orlais in the battle against Ferelden, since the dragon is an element of the Dufayel family heraldry of King Meghren, the so-called Usurper King of Ferelden. Be that as it may, the high dragon's rampage turned towards the Orlesian side of the Frostback Mountains, killing hundreds and sending thousands more fleeing to the northern coast. The Fereldan rebels won the Battle of River Dane, ultimately securing their independence.

Many thus think that the Dragon Age will come to represent a time of violent and dramatic change for all of Thedas. It remains to be seen.

—From The Studious Theologian, by Brother Genitivi, Chantry scholar, 9:25 Dragon.
    @unknownanonymous Behold, the reason for it being the Dragon Age!

• Like x 2
  9. IvyLB

ARISHOK ARISHOK ARISHOK

10. blue

Who do you want to bring? For one, Fenris, I presume?

11. IvyLB

Fenris.... isabela and merril? (I have bias problems potentially)

12. Enzel

I'm now curious as to how your family reacts if you get into a same sex relationship, though it seems like being with an elf in this world is considered stranger than being gay/bi?

+1 to that party, I miss them

13. blue

I think that Dragon Age has the problem of, uh.. they decide they're going to make a world where same-sex relationships are accepted, but then the writers are accidentally heteronormative. In the same way, in the first game they say when you're picking your character that women are equally accepted as soldiers etc., but in your first goddamn conversation with the other Warden recruits they're all like A GIRL?? 0: ????

• Like x 5
  14. Enzel

ooh...yes. I love this problem. (/sarcasm)

It's ok mom, we can just download a husband for the low price of $6.99.

(this joke isn't going to die for a while i think)

• Like x 8
  15. blue

[​IMG]
    And off we go!
    [​IMG]
    Banter, goddammit! Have a conversation!! >:[
    [​IMG]
    Hello friend, what are you doing here and why is there an exclamation mark above your head?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I, UH

>And if I confessed?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (green, charming-purple, red)
    >_?

16. Enzel

>I'm at the top of your list?

• Like x 1
  17. blue

>I'm at the top of your list?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... Oh, so I WAS innocent. I spaced out and thought that was about the Qunari who came after Saarebas, but the Arishok did already know about that, so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Belaaaaa - fine, I'll take Varric instead. :|
    [​IMG]
    (DOES A DRAMATIC POSE IN THE QUNARI COMPOUND)
    [​IMG]

A master mason made a comment that set my mind afire. She said that of all the cities she's worked in, Kirkwall was the most difficult, and that the city is almost literally a maze. Recollecting my first years in Kirkwall, I have to agree. Getting lost was commonplace. The city was a sprawling mess.

The mason showed me a plan of the city, and my heart skipped a beat. There were patterns in the intersections, back alleys, and boulevards. Some magisters believed in the power of symbols or shapes. In the oldest parts of the city, one can make out the outlines of glyphs in the very streets! What manner of magic is this?

—Underneath a cobblestone with curious markings and signed, "The Band of Three"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh right, we had a goal here, didn't we.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

18. IvyLB

> Someone stole your explosives?

19. blue

>Someone stole your explosives?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    COOL. GREAT.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>Investigate
    >Did anyone see the theft?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh, fuck off. >:T
    >Investigate
    >What is the effect of the gas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GREAT!! COOL!!
    [​IMG]
    I'm with Hawke on this one. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS PLAN, MY DUDE
    [​IMG]

20. blue

>Investigate
    >Why send for me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >You let him steal it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Left-hand: companion choice; right-hand: diplomatic, charming, direct.
    >_?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice