Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age... Inquisition?! (on hold)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, May 13, 2017.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

We really aren't endearing ourselves to Cass, are we?

2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Nope, but thankfully this game is a lot more forgiving about approval than DA2. (There's a Trespasser-introduced mode where you can double everybody's disapproval amounts to make it harder, but while I'd like to try that I don't think this is the time. :P)

• Like x 1
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

>3

• Like x 1
  4. blue

>You mean the mark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... i don't always ship het, but when i do, it's

these assholes.

• Like x 4
  5. blue

>You're with the Chantry?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hush, you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

• Winner x 2
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

7. LadyNighteyes

8. LadyNighteyes

The egg has bad posture.

Stare into Varric's glorious high-resolution chest hair, and DESPAIR.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. blue

>Nice crossbow.
    [​IMG]
    The combination of this line and the hilariously bewildered voice acting is making me think maybe Robin's a little awkward.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love my enormous, overwhelmed daughter Robin Adaar. And, yes, Solas is reminding me to sit up straight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>You know about the mark?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

• Like x 2
  10. garden

garden lucid dreamer

11. LadyNighteyes

And man, he looks happy about that.

(I can't figure out exactly why he reminds me of the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask, but he does.)

• Like x 2
  12. blue

>And when this is over?
    [​IMG]
    Solas is SO HAPPY about people asking him questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cassandra says "This way! The road ahead is blocked," but I went and checked it out anyway because, you know, plants and things.

Cassandra,
    I understand our first order of business must be to investigate this bizarre breach in the sky and protect people from the demons descending. While my search continues, I wish to draw your attention to a new arrival at our camp: an elven apostate calling himself Solas.

Solas entered the camp voluntarily, surrendering his staff to Chantry forces without protest. He is not Dalish and says that he has never been part of the Circle, claiming instead to have studied magic peacefully on his own... particularly magic tied to the Fade.

While I suspect you will be reluctant to accept the help of an apostate, Solas did come to us freely. Witnesses saw him in a nearby village at the time of the blast, so he was likely not responsible for what happened at the Conclave. However, he has described the effects of the Breach in enough detail to convince me that he knows more about the Fade than anyone else present.

Solas has requested permission to study the lone survivor and one of the smaller rifts, in hopes of finding a way to seal the Breach. He has correctly guessed that it is growing, and believes it will destroy the entire world unless we find a way to stop it. Unless you object, I will allow him his studies—under proper observation, of course.

Leliana
    "There's power in stories. That's all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine."
    Varric Tethras of the Dwarven Merchants Guild of Kirkwall is famous (or infamous) for two things: his books, and his association with the Champion of Kirkwall.

After the templars and Circles broke away from the Chantry, Divine Justinia V sent her agents to Kirkwall—where the roots of the war began—in search of answers. The Champion had long since disappeared, but Varric had written a book on his friends' involvement in the destruction of the Kirkwall Chantry, and the Left and Right Hands of the Divine located him with surprising ease. They captured and interrogated him, then brought him to the Conclave to give his testimony to the Divine in person, but fate decreed that he would never meet her.

• Like x 3
  13. blue

[​IMG]
    It IS just lovely being able to jump again.
    [​IMG]
    Why do you have this?? It's like having an action figure of Judas??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (You can tell who's talking now by the little glowing speech bubble by their portraits.)

[​IMG]
    "GUYS I THINK THIS BEAR TRAP IS BROKEN :D"
    [​IMG]
    sacrifice your goods to the BEAR SHRINE
    [​IMG]
    (industriously scoops coins off of BEAR SHRINE) i'm sure this will not cause any problems ever

Do not try to get out of this. We were told you were the best. That is why you were contracted. Was it not you who obtained the two hundred white blooming rose bushes for the Empress's winter ball last year? The comtesse has been infinitely patient 'til now, but she doesn't understand why it is so hard to fill the garden pool. She wants no more excuses. And no, she will not compromise with the dawn lotuses. They're white! The flowers have to match the silk canopies. It is crucial! Dark purple. Dark red. Do not try to frame this as a safety issue. The guests will be perfectly safe. Why, if they experience any hallucinations from the concentration of lotus essence in the air, I'm certain it will only make the evening more thrilling.
    I don't care if you have to send someone to some Fereldan peat bog to get it all. Just do it!

—A note from Chamberlain Laurent to Grand Gardener Umbert Vauclain, over the decorations for Comtesse d'Arnee's summer garden party

According to gossip in Val Royeaux, the chamberlain did succeed in convincing Grand Gardener Vauclain to provide four hundred and twenty lotus plants. The party was considered by most to be a roaring success, even though the evening concluded with at least twelve guests asleep on the lawn, three in the pool, and one lady losing several teeth trying to take a bite out of a marble statue of the comtesse's father, which she was convinced was made of cake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

14. garden

garden lucid dreamer

15. LadyNighteyes

"Now that you have had to spend FIVE WHOLE MINUTES around me? :D :D :D"
    "*disgusted noise*"

420 lotuses, blaze it

• Like x 6
  16. blue

>That's perceptive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I can't properly quote bits because i'm on my phone but i'm enjoying the adventures of Robin Adaar, tol mage daughter

Edit: and i'm glad to see Varric again, and I have never played this game but my immediate thought upon seeing Solus was "you egg??"

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like x 3
  18. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Varric is a good guy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. blue

[​IMG]
    Fade rifts are caused by weaknesses in the Veil. Rifts spawn demons and can only be sealed once all nearby demons are killed.
    The mark can disrupt the rift and cause damage to enemies.

Whe the Fade rift is available, interact with it to disrupt the rift and both stun and damage demons in its vicinity.

The Herald can use the mark to close the rift once all of the demons it has spawned are dead.
    I thought this was going to be a lore entry but it's just a tutorial entry, grumble grumble
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Already on it, egghead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Arguing from up ahead.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello, yes, I'm done meandering, what are we arguing about?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice