Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age: Inquisition (There Are No Therapists)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by OnnaStik, Dec 14, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

>Appeal to them?

(also hi hey hello! :D)

• Like x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

3. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

>Appeal to them? (sorry @unknownanonymous, you were beaten to the punch)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And if we thought it was going to be that easy, we wouldn't be here for you! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANDRASTIANS PLEASE HELP ME
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Very clever, Mother Giselle. I think I like you too.

>_?

• Like x 1
  4. unknownanonymous

>1

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

i'm amazed by how detailed and distinct the faces are
    mother giselle is so striking and real, it's almost eerie

• Like x 3
  6. OnnaStik

Oh dear. I don't usually get sim sickness from third-person games, but it seems to be setting in tonight, so I've got to take a break and put up the caps I have so far. Please bear with me here...

• Like x 1
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@OnnaStik oh no, I'm sorry D: I've never heard of sim sickness, is it like an uncanny valley affliction sort of thing?

8. OnnaStik

@adisagestar It's like motion sickness- well, it is motion sickness, just that you're not actually in motion when you get it. Your eyes and your inner ears disagree on what's going on, and it's a huge problem for me with first-person games but this is the first time I've gotten it from something else. I hope that's a one-time thing, but hey, if it's not I can just keep my playing to a couple of minutes at a time.

Anywho!

>Thank you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    @unknownanonymous is so right, btw, just look at that skin texture and that lighting and just aaaaaaaaah-
    [​IMG]
    Also, incidentally, it's really cool for some reason hearing "Inquisition" pronounced in that "Orlesian" accent. idek.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, okay, that's what we needed you for. Got it. I was gonna be mad if we just came here for you to tell me to do it.
    [​IMG]
    And now we're back in open-world! I immediately start running around in fucking circles.

• Like x 3
  9. OnnaStik

[​IMG]
    We probably should, but Wren's got some RPG-protagonisting to do.
    [​IMG]
    Ooh, this one's got "rogue" written all over it.
    [​IMG]
    Good question, for which I don't have much of an answer. Was Connor saved in this worldstate, because maybe he's got some pull with the rebellion and wanted to go home? But I doubt a big thing like that would be worldstate-dependent...

Well, we'll probably find out later. Off to read other people's letters!
    [​IMG]
    There's more to this letter, but I just posted it for that bit of snark.
    [​IMG]
    SHOPPING! Not gonna cap this part, it's mostly just gameplay housekeeping- sold the few pieces of vendor trash I've picked up, bought a couple of upgrades for Bianca on a whim and because I fucking love Varric, drooled over some stuff I can't yet use.

10. OnnaStik

Now, I've pretty much assumed you guys wouldn't mind me picking up a few sidequests, so when a guy with a ! was yelling for help...
    [​IMG]
    >What's wrong?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The weather looks pretty clear to me, but I can see where you'd want to get something done before that changes.
    [​IMG]
    Wait, what?
    [​IMG]
    Wondered briefly if he meant the mages, but I don't think they're accepting applicants and I don't think "the castle" is "the hills". So now there's a cult to worry about! Joy!

Stay tuned for more of Wren's Increasingly Lost Wanderings!

• Like x 3
  11. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@OnnaStik I don't know if you've tried this already, but if you haven't, I noticed that following the steps listed in this reddit thread to disable motion blur entirely helped me a ton. Just turning stuff off via the menus wasn't enough. (As a nice bonus, it improves performance!)

• Like x 1
  12. OnnaStik

I turned off motion blur, tested it out, and it is so much better, including for my framerate! Thanks, @Mercury, you're a lifesaver.

Now. When last we left our hero, she was wandering around to pick up more quests for you guys to choose from...
    [​IMG]
    ...and wandered right up to this Inquisition scout whose name I do not now recall.
    >Investigate >They might not be bandits?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So either they're bad at their jobs, or they're actually guarding something.
    [​IMG]
    Also, shitty bandits wouldn't make for a very exciting video game enemy.

>Tell me about them.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is this that cult in the hills? Is the East Road the hills? I don't think so. So now we have apostates, rogue templars, a cult, and the Suspiciously Shitty Bandits over here.

• Like x 2
  13. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I dunno, Hawke has to fight an ENORMOUS amount of shitty gang members in DA2. .. But then, no one's claiming THAT's exciting, either. :P

• Like x 6
  14. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@OnnaStik Glad to help! o/ Especially since I get sim sickness pretty badly, myself, so I know what a day ruiner it is.

*tiptoes back into lurking*

• Like x 1
  15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Fun fact in my first playthrough I actually somehow found the cult in the hills BEFORE I found mother Giselle. In fact I went through half the Hinterlands before finding her, don't ask me how.

• Like x 2
  16. OnnaStik

Wander wander...
    [​IMG]
    STOP PRETENDING YOU CARE, EGGHEAD *sobs*

Anyway, I wasn't planning to engage the Suspiciously Shitty Bandits quite yet, just take a quick look, but:
    [​IMG]
    Whoops.
    [​IMG]
    Time for some stabbing, I guess. On the bright side, Solas noticed a quest!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    "Travel to the Hinterlands with Solas" WE'RE ALREADY HERE, YOU EGGHEAD
    [​IMG]
    Also, was "before we're done killing bandits" really the time?

• Like x 3
  17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I love that he goes into an "according to my research" speech IN A SCREENSHOT WHERE YOU CAN SEE MAGIC WHIZZING PAST YOU

• Like x 3
  18. OnnaStik

Back to the crossroads to get my bearings a little more, I notice a ! that I must have missed before...
    [​IMG]
    It's not in this house. But a codex is, and I'm mostly not posting them here but this one... kinda got to me.

The words in this note have many misspellings and are scrawled in a clumsy hand:

Mother Valerie said things I saw won't get out my head 'less I put them somewhere else. She told me write it down. It's a long time since I did letters but I'll try.

I saw refugees in the hills. I was there to hunt. I saw them but did not say hello because I was on the trail. The refugees were going to Redcliffe. They were slow and bent over when they walked like old men.

Templars came. They talked to the refugees. They hit them. The refugees gave food. Then mages came. The mages used fire. Everyone burned. I was in a bush, they did not see me.

Some templars killed the mages. The mages ran. The templars wanted to run after them. A refugee was still burning. His arm went up to a templar. The templar used his sword. It went up and down. Up and down. There were pieces of black.

He stayed while other templars ran after mages. He took things from bodies. One body was moving. It had long hair and burned dress. The templar started to take off his armor and I shot him. [ed: what IS it with templars and rape?]

I went down to the lady. She made little noises and her eyes looked at me. Then she died.

I want it to go out of my head please Maker. I been good, I want it to go out of my head.

WELL THAT WAS A THING THAT HAPPENED.

Anyway, the actual quest is outside. Probably the same hunter that wrote that. Unfortunately we cannot wrap him in a blanket and feed him soup.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    We can feed him sheep, though!
    [​IMG]

>Goodbye.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Apparently it was very important to Varric that he go and stand there. He was seriously running.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Like x 2
  19. OnnaStik

[​IMG]
    Right next to the little village, I spot a little alcove. There's no quest symbol, but I want to go check this person out anyway.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So has everyone and their friggin mabari warhound, apparently.
    [​IMG]

>You're not with the rebels?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That was going really well for you, right?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She seemed nice. Hope she doesn't die horribly.

I ding again from reading some random codex, then I pose for a screenshot here because I'm always a slut for architectural set-dressing.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. OnnaStik

In another random hut:
    [​IMG]
    Do I what?

When I read the thing:

Father,

I'm going into the mountains to join the people up there. They're making sense right now, when the rest of the world is not. We can't tend the fields since Master Dennet and his wife sent us all away for safety, and I can't just stay here and watch the refugees starve outside our home.

You and Mother should come, Father. You'll be safe up there. The mages have no quarrel with the people in the mountains, and even the templars don't harass them. Nowhere else outside of Redcliffe is safe from this Maker-cursed war or the demons pouring out of the sky.

But you won't come, will you? You'd rather stay on our tiny bit of land, because it's ours. So be it. It's yours until those madmen catch you in their fight, and then you and Mother will just be two more charred corpses in a burned-out village.

I'm not staying to watch you die like a fool.

Hyndel
    Okay, that's the cult boy, so "the potion" is the asthma potion. The villager must have gone home since I talked to him.

Anyway, my wanderings are finally coming to a pause, as I decide to stop fucking around and go talk to Vale. He'll give us further quests and then I can present what I've collected to you guys.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Touché, egghead.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice