Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age: Inquisition (There Are No Therapists)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by OnnaStik, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

2. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

1: Interpreted as "possible", I guess. Interpreted as "desirable" was what I was going with.

(Also it's not as funny that way. :P)

>The Breach doesn't worry them?
    [​IMG]
    Again: Sense. Chantry.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mildly disappointed that the game doesn't give us the chance to make the world's biggest and most exasperated sigh at this.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

>_?

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

4. OnnaStik

>Why would she help us?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    eeeee I love revisiting places we've been in other games
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thank you, Cassandra. At least someone doesn't expect me to do all the work around here.

New interface GET!
    [​IMG]
    This here is the war table. It lets me send people to places. Only Ferelden's Hinterlands are available yet, but I figured you'd want to look at the pretty cards and read the flavor text and stuff.
    [​IMG]
    And that little thingy on the map means there's a mission available! When I click it:
    [​IMG]
    The other two cards, which as you can see are locked right now, are "Connections" and "Forces", corresponding to different advisors' ways of doing things- send in the diplomats, send in the spies, or send in the army.

• Like x 1
  5. IvyLB

welp i'd send the scouts to protect her then, it sounds reasonable.

6. OnnaStik

When I send the mission, we get a cutscene- there is indeed some fighting going on.
    [​IMG]
    The fighting is ended quickly by the simple expedient of all the combatants getting shot...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...by an Inquisition agent.
    [​IMG]
    She signals a couple of others to move, I guess down into that settlement, and sends off a bird.
    [​IMG]
    Someone in a Chantry hat watches it go. Mother Giselle, I presume.

Scouting report!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So now do we follow up on this, or do we go back to trying to find our researcher first? I will say that I don't think we have more than one of any given research item yet, and I think it's one of those things that you need at least a few before you start seeing benefits. Waiting will likely not make the Hinterlands visit any easier when we do go.

>_?

7. garden

garden lucid dreamer

>Follow up on this.

• Like x 1
  8. OnnaStik

>Venture forth
    I would ask for input on party composition, but we still only have the three we started with. Varric, Cass, and Solas it is.
    Loading screen time!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ...how about if we never, ever go to Tevinter, does that sound good to you?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Neither do you, apparently. Seriously, does anyone ever get this right?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ...I distinctly remember your jokes being better than this. Or did you just only tell Cass about the ones that went over well?
    [​IMG]
    Me too, Cassandra, me too.

>_?

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

10. OnnaStik

>Pleased to meet you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Harding's managing to keep her awed awkwardness to a commendable minimum.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Okay, but Giselle?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Very businesslike! I approve.

Now we get dropped back into the open world, with a number of new quests, but most of them I'm pretty sure are of the "things to do while doing the other things" variety. I do spot a quest-starty little ! on my minimap, so after some level-related housekeeping I go there...
    [​IMG]
    ...and find a requisitions officer? Who gives me... a recipe?
    [​IMG]
    Another "while you're here anyway" thing, I suppose.
    [​IMG]
    The actual question, I guess, is: Dennet first or Giselle first?

>_?

11. IvyLB

Ughh... Giselle?

12. OnnaStik

>Find Mother Giselle

And we're off! But with a true player character's "ooh, shiny" instinct, we get momentarily distracted by another ! on our minimap.
    [​IMG]
    And then we get distracted from that by the garden out front. Free herbs!
    [​IMG]
    Anyway. Into the little house, where we find a rather unpleasant letter.
    [​IMG]
    Solas says it might be worth looking into. I say, maybe after we actually get something done. Back on track.
    [​IMG]
    The path to the house is flanked by two bigass stone carvings... of dogs! Because how else would we know we were in Ferelden?
    [​IMG]
    Gee, I wonder if there's been fighting around this area?
    [​IMG]
    There's the quest.

• Like x 1
  13. OnnaStik

[​IMG]
    Obscured by healthbars: Cassandra yells at the templars to cut it out because we're not apostates. Solas doesn't tell her to speak for herself, but does point out that they don't seem to care much at this point.
    [​IMG]
    Once we've finished off the templars, in come some apostates with just as few fucks to give about exactly who they're trying to kill.
    [​IMG]
    This time Varric points it out.
    [​IMG]
    And before I can even brush the magic ice off my coat, more fucking templars are on the way.
    [​IMG]
    Some asshole with a tower shield knocks Wren on her ass, but other than that, they don't give us that much trouble.
    [​IMG]
    And I don't even get a chance to do any looting before the cutscene where we swagger into town.
    [​IMG]
    In the background, Solas crouches for a better look at someone who's on the ground, which I thought was a nice touch.
    [​IMG]
    We get saluted by some people next to an Inquisition banner, and I assume they then point us toward this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Random injured guy seems to lose consciousness at this point so we can have a chat.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

>_?

14. IvyLB

15. OnnaStik

I had a brainfart and failed to record this part of the conversation.

Giselle says she knows the people behind the Chantry's denouncement, and that while some of them are just trying to improve their political position in hopes of becoming the next Divine:
    [​IMG]

>_?

16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

>1. It was a tragedy.

• Like x 1
  17. 2

• Like x 1
  18. OnnaStik

(Hey guys, I haven't been updating and will probably be very sporadic about it for a while. Not sorry about this as it is Christmas stuff, but I am sorry about not saying so earlier. I love you guys. Have a happy whatever it is you're having.)

• Like x 3
  19. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i really need to go back into browsing the forums more, i'm losing all this fun stuff.

20. OnnaStik

All right, time to get back on this! The option selection seems to be tied up, including the likes, so I'mma flip a metaphorical coin and go with:

>It was a tragedy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Was kinda hoping you could do that for me, really...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    >_?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice