Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age: Origins [dogquest]

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Mala, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Because why not be a giant copycat?

Introduction cinematic!

Character Creation

We get 6 backgrounds to choose from, each with some class and race restrictions

Dalish Elf: "Proud of your role as one of the few 'true elves' you have always assumed you would spend the rest of your live with your tribe...until a chance encounter with a relic of your people's past threatens to tear you away from everything you have ever known"
    Warrior or Rogue, has an interesting connection to events in DA2

City Elf: "You have always lived under the heavy thumb of your human overlords, but when a local lord claiming his 'privilege' with the bride shatters your wedding day, the simmering racial tensions explode in a rain of vengeance"
    Warrior or Rogue, rape tw, probably the most depressing origin

Dwarf Commoner: "Born casteless in a land where rank is everything, bound as the lackey and thug of a local crime lord, you have spent your life invisible...until chance thrusts you into the spotlight, where you can finally prove whether you will be defined by your actions or your birth."
    Warrior or Rogue

Dwarf Noble: "As the favored child of the dwarven king, you proudly take up your first military command...only to learn that the deadly intrigues of family and sycophants may pose a greater danger than even the battlefield."
    Warrior or Rogue

Human Noble: "Born to wealth and power, second to only royalty, you find your training in both diplomacy and battle put to the test as your brother leads the bulk of your family's forces to war in the south"
    Warrior or Rogue

Mage: "Wielding a power as dangerous as it is potent, you know that magic is a curse for those lacking the will to control it. You anxiously await your Harrowing, the one chance to prove yourself against the demons lurking within and without. Succeed or be slaughtered by the knights who ward against your kind."
    Human or Elf, has interesting connections to events in DA2 especially for a female mage

So to summarize, we:

Race/Class/Origin:
    Appearance suggestions:
    Do I install "everyone is bi" and/or poly mods so that we can romance anyone and everyone?

I probably won't start actually playing until the weekend so plenty of time to debate and choose

• Like x 1
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

3. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Btw, what program are you using to record?

4. blue

I've been taking video with Rylstim Screen Recorder and then going back over it and taking screenshots with MWsnap. I tried just taking screenshots as I went, but I kept missing stuff.

5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

:DDD EXCITE

I vote either female elf mage or dalish elf rogue!

6. garden

garden lucid dreamer

My vote's on female mage, whether human or elf.

Everyone is bi mod seems like a good idea. Maybe poly too? [shrug]

7. blue

My vote's for anything other than elf mage just bc I've played an elf mage, but not a very strong vote. I am very in favor of everyone being bi, because [REDACTED] is my favorite and I love her.

8. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I kinda like female dwarf commoner, of either class. Failing that, female mage of either race.

Everyone-is-bi mod yes please.

9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I vote everyone is bi/poly, so we can DATE ALL THE PEOPLES

10. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Well it's looking like female elf mage is winning. Any suggestions on name or appearance?

11. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Throwing a suggestion out there for shaved head. Because bald ladies are awesome.

• Like x 2
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Either shaved or really short hair, yes please :D *needs to find someone with a clipper soon since her hair is getting longer than an inch and a half*

• Like x 1
  13. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I'll throw in a vote for short hair.

We could continue the bird name thing. Finch. Robin. Wren. Starling. Raven. Crow.

• Like x 1
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Does the character have a designated last name like Hawke that we could make a pun with? Also if there's an option for tattoos we should totally have some of those.

• Like x 1
  15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

+1 on tattoos if that's possible.

16. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

city elf is my favorite origin, but it comes with trigger warnings, so I understand if you'd rather do a safer route.

17. blue

Elf Mage is [firstname] Surana. Not as easy to pun with as Hawke :P

• Like x 1
  18. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

No one in DA has a last name as great as Hawke. There's a reason Hawke's close friends and love interest refer to them by last name. It's just that good.

• Like x 1
  19. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Have Crow, the warden, romance Zevran, the Antivan Crow

• Like x 6
  20. blue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice