Kintsugi Plays Fallen Hero: Retribution (ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ …(^_^)…)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by keltena, Jun 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Tact is a state a body can be in, when it's dead!

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

not that we'd know, given our cause of death...

• Agree x 1
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

yeah I'll lay a vote on 2 for drama without immediately calling him an idiot

4. keltena

> "Why would you want to do that?" I ask incredulously.

"Why would you want to do that?" you ask incredulously. The boosts you have seen have all been people desperate enough to take a chance on Russian roulette with a machine gun. Daniel doesn't strike you as the type. He smells like money and class, not alleys and desperation.

"Reasons. Good ones, we thought, at the time." His voice cracks. "You get stupid ideas when you're young."

"You're still young," you point out. He's twenty-six, though he feels younger to you. Or perhaps it's just you that got older. Age has always felt unreal to you, a system other people operate in.

"Younger. My brother had just turned sixteen. I was almost fifteen."

"Kids," you growl, annoyed despite yourself. You never were one, you were decanted already in your teens with memories much older. Still, you remember how skinless you felt then. How soft. "You were kids. Where did you get the money to get boosted? Or the knowledge?"

"My brother was…I suppose a little obsessed." Daniel looks down, and you can feel that there's more of a story there. "He was the one that found out how we could get hold of the drugs. It wasn't easy. Things are very different back East."

"Back East?" You thought there had been a hint of that in his accent. "You're from the heartland?" What's he doing here then? The East is a safer place, more like how things used to be. You've had missions there, back when you still were with the Farm. It always felt like a different world.

"Boston…or, well, actually Brookline," he admits with a strained laugh. He looks relieved that you have chosen to switch subjects.

"You're kidding," but you know he's not. Now that you're paying attention, you can pick out traces of the accent. "That's been a closed community since the nineties."

The details are hazy, but you remember some of them. You've been to Boston, and Brookline, while not technically a part of the city, is surrounded by it. Money. Safety. Green parks and nice houses. It feels like an eternity ago; you were a different person then. A wide-eyed cuckoo just keeping your eyes open and your mouth shut watching better-off people than you go on with their lives.

"Not closed if you're born there." He looks a little embarrassed to admit it. "Our…my family has lived there for generations."

"You don't sound like most people from there."

"Oh…" His cheeks flush. "I mean, I'm not…I mean, my parents didn't talk like…I mean, we were encouraged to talk civilized." He looks ten years younger, trying to explain himself to a person of authority, and you suppose that's you. "My parents were strict. And when I moved to Los Diablos, there were speech coaches."

"Speech coaches?" You pause, the fork halfway to your mouth.

"They wanted me to be relatable, so I needed to sound like I came from the West Coast. I couldn't be a snob from back East…or a Masshole."

"That's a term I haven't heard in a long time." You do your best not to laugh.

"Me neither. My parents hated it. As did my speech coach, I suppose." You don't need to pry to see the way his mind squirms around the fact that he's been groomed to be what he is. Someone's been telling him how to act, how to look, how to talk, how to dress. It should have stopped when he left home, but it didn't.

Not too different from what you are doing, is it?

‣ "An accent seems a stupid thing to care about."
     ‣ "Come on, say something in dialect for me."
     ‣ "I didn't realize how much work went into this. Into you."

hey gamers, welcome back to fallen hero! i'm your host keltena and today we're going to talk sociolinguistics

CLASSIFIED

Subject: Anathema

Secret Identity: Josie Jacobs
    Description: A tall mixed person in their thirties with brown eyes and short and styled curly dark brown hair.

Their sense of style is androgynous, secondhand streetwear, with many piercings in their ears, nose, and tongue. They have a short, scruffy beard and mustache.

Standard of Living: Josie is well-off.
    Josie is living in a comfortable apartment.

Josie Jacobs is a seasoned, tech-savvy tactician.

Physical Status
    Stamina: You are rested.
    Willpower: You feel calm.
    Injuries: You are fine, with no significant wounds.

Telepathy
    Strength of Mind: 50%
    ████████████████████
    Subtle Manipulations: 74%
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    Anathema runs a criminal syndicate. They are a known killer.
    Infamy: 51% / Obscurity: 49%
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit
    Anathema's suit is a shadow with a mirror for a face, revealing nothing. The cape conceals and obfuscates what's underneath.
    In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores, functionally similar to having disintegration touch. The suit is also equipped with telepathic boosters and enhanced speed as well as jump-jets.

Armor Status
    Need Repair: 5% / Fine: 95%
    ███████████████████

Leadership: 63%
    ████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    Arrogance: 34% / Anonymity: 66%
    ██████▒█████████████
    Ruthlessness: 40% / Empathy: 60%
    ████████████████████
    Daring: 63% / Caution: 37%
    ████████████▒███████

Back in the day, Sidestep was known as a vigilante working with the Rangers.

Main Puppet
    Name: Barbara
    Puppet Status: She is fine, and has no serious wounds.
    Description: A tall white woman in her twenties with blue eyes and long straight blond hair.

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    Josie's Relationship with Ortega: Friend and ally.
    Ortega's Connection with Josie: 78%
    ███████████████▒████

Ortega thinks Anathema has made some good points.

Barbara's Relationship with Ortega: Eternally flirting. Josie is using Barbara as a spy.
    Ortega's Connection with Barbara: 63%
    ████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    Barbara's Relationship with Dr. Mortum: friend.
    Mortum's Connection with Barbara: 66%
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    Josie's Relationship with Lady Argent: Distant.
    Lady Argent's Impression of Josie: 1%
    ███████████████████

Lady Argent respects Anathema's abilities.
    Lady Argent's Interest in Anathema: 60%
    ████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    Josie's Relationship with Steel: Friendly.
    Steel's Connection with Josie: 72%
    ██████████████▒█████

Marshal Steel thinks Anathema needs to be brought in.

Herald
    Josie's Relationship with Herald: He seems nice.
    Herald's Connection with Josie: 67%
    █████████████▒██████

Herald thinks Anathema is a villain.

Other Characters

• Like x 1
  5. Loq

we continue to have 0 tact. at least josie's consistent? I'll vote on >3 as the least awful option, but wow.

6. keltena

> "I didn't realize how much work went into this. Into you."

"I didn't realize how much work went into this," you say, voice soft. "Into you."

"Yeah." Daniel's sigh is a small and silent thing. "Did they do the same to you? To get you to look the part?"

"I was never one of the Rangers," you say, trying to keep a straight face, failing. It's kinder, gentler coaching than what the Farm put you through, but no less merciless. Look the part. Act the part. Never mind what's under the surface.

"Are you okay?" He frowns and leans closer, and you make sure to school your face into familiar blankness once more. He cares, and he sees you hurting, and that hurts him.

"Are either of us okay, really?" You summon a chuckle, dry and filled with self-loathing.

"It's just something I don't talk about very often. It's different here. I'm not the same."

"Being boosted changes things." You're certain that's not what he's talking about, but you're merciful.

"Did it change things for you?" The question is innocent, but it's a punch in the face all the same.

‣ "Things change for a lot of reasons," I say vaguely.
     ‣ "Change is good," I say, willing it to be true.
     ‣ "Not enough," I say bitterly.

There's a lot to unpack there, and not for the reasons he thinks…

CLASSIFIED

Description: A tall mixed person in their thirties with brown eyes and short and styled curly dark brown hair.

Their sense of style is androgynous, secondhand streetwear, with many piercings in their ears, nose, and tongue. They have a short, scruffy beard and mustache.

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit
    Anathema's suit is a shadow with a mirror for a face, revealing nothing. The cape conceals and obfuscates what's underneath.
    In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores, functionally similar to having disintegration touch. The suit is also equipped with telepathic boosters and enhanced speed as well as jump-jets.

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet
    Description: A tall white woman in her twenties with blue eyes and long straight blond hair.

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

Barbara's Relationship with Ortega: Eternally flirting. Josie is using Barbara as a spy.
    ████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

• Like x 1
  7. swirlingflight

*I* want to say whoo hoo bitter for foreshadowing, but

... We're still masking pretty hard. Did the question surprise us enough for 3 instead of 1 or 2?

• Like x 1
  8. Loq

you know what, let's see if we can flip the golden boy, we could always use another ally. >not enough. a little crumb of honesty in return for his, that hopefully we can thread into burning the whole system down.

• Like x 2
  9. keltena

[MEANINGFUL IMPLICATIONS INTENSIFY]

> "Not enough," I say bitterly.

"Not enough," you say, not bothering to hide the bitterness. It's not enough. Will it ever be enough? You've changed, added layer upon layer, but it's still a mask. You're still not a person. Still not human. But that's not something you can tell him, time to return to the subject at hand. Not you. Him. "So, how did your brother get hold of the drugs?"

"I don't know," he admits, a little twitch to his face that might have been regret. "My brother always said that if you pay enough, you can get anything." There's more to the story there. You can see it on his face, feel it in his mind.

"Why would you do something like that?" You ask the tough questions because you really don't understand. Risking life and sanity when you had nothing you could understand. That's the story of most boosts, one last chance, nothing to lose. "You had a good life. Money. Family." He could have been normal. Why is he a hero? Or, if he wanted to be one, why not take the safe route and get modded? Parental consent?

>

"Have you ever felt trapped?" The question is honest enough that it makes you laugh, startling him.

"I'm sorry." You look away. There's still nobody paying attention, at least not overtly. "It's just…you weren't trapped. The gates kept others out. Not you in."

"You're wrong." No accusation, but a soft, forceful denial. "Just because you have money in the bank and a nice house doesn't mean there were no bars on the windows. No skeletons in the closet."

"Were they your skeletons?" Because now you're wondering, how much is hiding under there? "Or were they your brother's?"

"It doesn't matter." He looks down, not putting up walls but closing the door. He needs to learn to build walls if he wants to stay intact. A door can be opened far too easily. "There was an out. We took it."

"He didn't make it, did he?" It's a fair guess. There are ways people talk about the departed even when they don't say the words.

"No. I barely did." His hands are shaking now, and he opens and closes them, forcing himself to relax. There's a faint tremor in the table, another microquake, a fitting illustration of his inner turmoil.

And of yours.

You keep thinking about…

‣ Taking his hands and kissing his knuckles softly.
     ‣ That we're more similar than I thought.
     ‣ How close I came to killing him when we fought.
     ‣ How gullible he is, giving me more ammunition.

CLASSIFIED

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

10. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I really want to go with "more similar than I thought" simply for the feels

• Agree x 1
  11. keltena

> That we're more similar than I thought.

You keep thinking about how you and Daniel have more in common than you thought. Both of you turned into something people needed.

Except there is one difference that not even sympathy can erase. He's human. You're not.

He's human, and he was raised to be powerful, successful, and a hero. He might not have had a say in all of his decisions, but they ushered him toward the top.

And you? What were you supposed to be? A weapon. A weapon to protect people like him. Or take them down in case they got inconvenient. Are you doing what you have been taught? The notion is unsettling.

Sympathy is a trap, you know it, so why are you falling for it?

"I'm sorry," you say, keeping your face forcefully calm and sympathetic because that is the emotion you need to project. Not anything else. You're glad that he's trying to control his own emotions. If he wasn't, you would have got a headache by now. You've forgotten how tiring emotional people could be; Ortega spoiled you.

"It's okay," Daniel lies, "it was ten years ago."

"How did you end up here?" There are not many heroes back East, and they all tend to be government-approved or part of television shows, but he could have made a killing being either one.

"The same way everybody else did." The food is finished now, so he picks up a piece of bread, picking at it. Breaking it into smaller pieces. "Because it was the only place where I felt I could be myself. Once I got out of the hospital, my family…" The memory is too close in his mind, staring at you, staring at him. Black accusations and disappointment.

"Did they disown you?" You shake your head, trying to get him out of your mind.

"I couldn't stay." He avoids the question, so the answer might be yes. "My brother had been the only thing keeping me there. So I went west. Where my heroes were." His smile softens, and he looks at you, directly at you.

It hurts. It hurts the way he sees you as someone you're not. Someone brave. Someone powerful. Ten years ago, you would still have been active. How long was he in the hospital? A year? That was nine years ago, still before the Heartbreak incident, still before your death. Did he go to Los Diablos because of you? To try to meet his hero? Be like them?

"Don't." You shake your head, trying to blink away the feelings pressed upon you. You can't handle this. You can't handle his admiration. Not right now.

"But it's true." He leans closer; it's important to him that you get it. That you understand what he sees in you, what he thinks you are. "You were my hero. You are."

‣ "Don't. I get enough of that from Ortega," I snap.
     ‣ "Fuck," I mumble into my hands as I cover my face.
     ‣ I can't do this. I need to get out; people are staring.

oh no, not again

CLASSIFIED

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

12. swirlingflight

Haha yeah isn't it?

Do kinda want to snap re: Ortega

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. Loq

1 or 3, yeah. 1 might tip our hand, but we also might be rattled enough right now to do so...

14. keltena

emot-blob-stop.png

> "Don't. I get enough of that from Ortega," I snap.

"Don't. Just don't. I get enough of that from Ortega," you snap, not bothering to hide your annoyance. At least with Ortega, all you get are the words. With Daniel, it's far worse. You can feel his sincerity, he means every word, and it's like a dagger stabbing your flesh, trying to flay the lies from your bones, and he has no idea.

"I didn't mean…" He looks embarrassed. Was it the comparison to Ortega? He's worried, confused. Did he upset you? Why? He doesn't want to, but how can he apologize if he doesn't know what he did wrong?

"Didn't you?" You stare him down, leaning a little closer. "Because you keep doing it, and I'm telling you not to. Calling me a hero, thinking about me like I'm someone I'm not. Sidestep is dead; why won't you just let me rest in peace?"

"Because you're sitting right here, hating yourself, and I don't understand why." There's a crack in his voice, a crack in his mind, but he has that look on his face now, the dangerous one, the one he gets when you train for real, when he starts taking things seriously. Dangerously so.

"Good. I don't want you to know. Deal with it." You stare back, there might be a table between you, but it's as much squaring off for a fight as ever your rooftop training sessions were.

josie's friends: are you okay
    josie: no. fight me

>

"You do know I do not just see you as you were, right?"

"I wish that was true," you say with a grimace. "It's written all over your face."

"Maybe at the start," he admits. "But you took that out of me quickly. You're nothing like I imagined."

"I shudder to think what you imagined." You've seen how they portrayed you in the movies. Heroic. A good jaw. Clear skin and a twinkle in your eye.

"Less rude," he admits with a sheepish smile. "Less angry with the world. Less hurt. Less…human."

"Oh, come on," you snap, the anger surging. He has no idea what he's saying.

"Don't you get it?" he asks, drawing himself up straighter, giving you a look you recognize from your training. The one when he's finally decided to fight for real and things start getting interesting. Dangerous. "That I like what I see? That I have fun hanging out with you? That I'm attracted to you?"

"Attracted?" The blow slips through your defenses, leaving you gasping for breath. Looks like the masks are coming off; his is anyway. Yours is still on tight. You didn't think he had the guts to admit it, to tell you that he wants you. Was that always the plan for tonight? To let you know? As if you hadn't already noticed? Did he think you were blind?

"Yes. I'm not chasing ghosts. I'm talking about you. Right here. Right now. Does it bother you?" His voice is low, it has dropped a notch like the light in here, and you can see how he's holding himself together, refusing to interpret your signals. Waiting.

Fuck, he's waiting for an answer, isn't he?

‣ "I knew this was a date," I tease with a wink.
     ‣ "Why?" I blink, confused.
     ‣ "I don't see you that way," I sigh. "I'm sorry."
     ‣ "We have a bit of a misunderstanding," I say. "I like women."

surprised_pikachu.jpg

CLASSIFIED

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

15. swirlingflight

I think I'm leaning 2? Partly because it's the option that balances something sorta honest (confusion) with something that might buy us breathing room (getting him monologuing explaining himself)

16. keltena

:why: tho

> "Why?" I blink, confused.

"Why?" It's the first thought that pops into your mind because you know he is, but you have no idea why. It's preposterous.

"What do you mean?" Daniel is as confused as you now, which makes him even harder to read because you're not sure what thoughts are his and what are yours, and you keep looking at him, and he keeps looking at you.

"Why on earth would you be attracted to me?" you ask again, to try to break the deadlock. You feel like a bird in front of a mirror trying to pick a fight with your reflection and failing. Badly.

"Why on earth shouldn't I?" The deadlock still holds because he doesn't get it. He doesn't get that you're ugly, broken, scarred, and filled with shards and masks and not even human. He sees what's in front of him, and he wants it. Wants you.

"Okay. Let's ignore that," you say, trying to be reasonable in the face of unreason. It's not even hero worship; that would be easier to deal with. "You are attracted to me."

"I am." He nods, holding your gaze. He's not backing down this time.

"So this is a date?"

"Maybe. If you want it to be. Otherwise, it's dinner."

"That doesn't make it any easier," you groan.

"I mean, technically, it does." His smile has gone softer; he's talking himself out of his confusion. You're not sure you are. "Dinner or date. Which is it for you?"

It's a good question. How do you feel about him? Now that you have got to know him? You went into this with open eyes and the intention to use Herald for whatever purpose you could mold him into. Looks like you're not as good at this as you thought.

He's the one leading this dance now. Time to take back control.

‣ Dinner.
     ‣ Date.

Assert dominance by answering a simple question!

CLASSIFIED

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

17. swirlingflight

I've been leaning dinner. We didn't set out to date, we've been having too many real emotions for a ruse here not to get complicated, it could make some of our other flirting complicated...

But like, Josie just asked "why?" to the notion of anyone liking them that way. To then say yes to dating... that's a rough, interesting timing to agree to dating. "I don't know why you'd want me but sure" has a lot of humoring the other person with a missable side of self loathing. Not the mood I'd hope to bring out if I confessed to someone.

• Agree x 2
  18. keltena

> Dinner.

"It's dinner," you say tiredly. It's easier that way. Fewer complications. You're used to sloughing feelings off when you don't need them anymore.

"Oh." Daniel looks down, a little disappointed but handling it well. "I didn't know…."

"It's okay, thank you for telling me." His profound embarrassment is making you feel better about everything. You're not the one who messed up this time. In fact, now you have leverage.

me when I successfully turn the tables against my enemies

"I knew I should have told you earlier." He hides his face in his hands, and you can't stop the smile at his panicked inner monologue. He would be sinking through the chair if he could, but flying doesn't help with that.

"It's fine," you tease, feeling back in control because it's not your emotions being dissected right now.

"So how badly did I mess this up…." He doesn't finish the sentence or look up at you.

>

"Look, Daniel," you use his name like a scalpel. "I like you. We have fun together. But I'm not in love with you." There are limits to what you can put up with for the cause. You don't have to pretend romance to get him to do what you want.

"Okay," he lets out a deep breath, finally looking at you. "I can live with that. Thank you for telling me."

"You were the one that brought it up."

"Probably for the better." An embarrassed laugh. "And here I was trying to be smooth."

"Good food though."

"Yeah, at least there's that."

The conversation returns to its previous flow, little by little, sentence by sentence. Daniel is hurt, but he's handling it better than you thought he would. Maybe he never felt he had a shot. Not really. Not with you. It was always fated to be nothing but a crush.

Maybe this will cut down on the hero worship as well. If you're lucky.

In either case, you're glad you had this dinner to clear the air between you.

CLASSIFIED

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    Josie's Relationship with Herald: Friends.
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

Well, all's well that ends well, right?

Next time: I think we've earned a break from stressing about our personal life.

• Like x 1
  19. keltena

Also, I hope you know that I keep picturing this hypothetical romcom and cracking up.

• Winner x 3
  20. keltena

Joes, a few days later.

Cigarette smoke wraps you in a quiet embrace. Joes is packed tonight, which suits you fine. Barbara is at home here, among whiskey-stained tables, and the low hum of dampeners can't be heard above the music. Someone likes their rock tonight, loud and upbeat. Good. You need the energy. You've just arranged for the transfer of the regenerator, and you can't help but wonder if you've made a mistake. No. No second guessing yourself. If you can't do it, you have someone do it for you. Dr. Mortum won't disappoint, your future is in safe hands.

Everybody nods as you enter. You've been moving up in the world and people know it. Know your boss. Know you.

It's a strange feeling, to be known. To have people look at you in recognition and be unable to push their attention elsewhere. It's even stranger to feel like you don't have to, that it's okay to be looked at. Admired. Wanted. Human.

There's no use grabbing a table since you're not here to meet anyone in particular, so you head to the bar and order a whiskey. Another difference from your own body.

Different tastes. Different habits. You've slipped deep into your masquerade, but you still can't escape the consequences. The thoughts you try to avoid with the burn in your throat. You order another glass and resign yourself to the fact that your thoughts keep spinning in place.

There's tension in your shoulders, and you roll them in a futile attempt to relax. Living a stressful life takes its toll, and you've got too much on your mind to wind down even when you try. Too many variables to keep track of. Too many plans to make. Too many ways for you to burn yourself until there won't even be ashes remaining.

"Hey." Joe's voice drags you out of your melancholy thoughts. "You okay there?"

It's not rare that Joe himself works the bar, he's here most nights, and he's usually willing to strike up a conversation. But the concern is new. If he's asking you if you're okay, your mask must be slipping badly.

"Yeah," you say, putting your face in order. This is Barbara, you're supposed to leave your baggage in your own body and not bring it with you.

‣ There's too much baggage for one body.
     ‣ The wall between Josie and Barbara has become increasingly blurred.
     ‣ I need to remember that.

We have a work-life (life-life?) balance to maintain, after all!

…We
    are successfully maintaining it, right?

CLASSIFIED

Physical Status

Telepathy
    ████████████████████
    ██████████████▒█████

Anathema
    ██████████▒█████████

Armored Suit

Armor Status
    ███████████████████

████████████▒███████

Psychological Profile
    ██████▒█████████████
    ████████████████████
    ████████████▒███████

Main Puppet

Allies and Enemies

Charge
    ███████████████▒████

████████████▒███████

Dr. Mortum
    █████████████▒██████

Lady Argent
    ███████████████████

████████████████████

Marshal Steel
    ██████████████▒█████

Herald
    Josie's Relationship with Herald: Friends.
    █████████████▒██████

Other Characters

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice