Kintsugi Plays Skyrim

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by CellarSpider, Jan 8, 2017.

?

Backstory! What'll it be?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2017.
  1. Half-vampire on the run from irate, bitey family

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Mad Scientist looking to escape an ethics inquery

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Dunmer from Skyrim, attempting to evade the law (amusing rap sheet items encouraged)

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Other. Comment to clarify!

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. CellarSpider

CellarSpider Well-Known Member

Bug #8: It was too fast to catch in screenshots, but the sky went from night time to sunset to night again in less than a second. Hasn't done it since.

More updates and bugs to come.

• Like x 1
  2. CellarSpider

You know, I’d originally planned to steal everything in Ralof’s sister’s home, but that’s not enough. Especially when I realized the town has no guards, there was just some random bugger with a bow that I mistook at a distance for a lawful authority. This town has no guards, an annoying child, and a shop run by a couple of presumptuous Imperials who think I’m going to help retrieve a stolen treasure that they probably stole in the first place.

So I’m going to get that golden claw back. I’m going to get paid. Then I’m going to steal it again and run off with it. It’s the comeuppance they deserve.

In the meantime, I’ll practice thieving on the rest of the town. If there’s bandits burglarizing their homes already, it won’t seem odd if their things go missing. Maybe they’ll hire someone who actually cares to go deal with them, but I doubt it.

[​IMG]

The two running the inn are horrible business partners and argue in front of guests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both of them. They’re terrible communicators.

[​IMG]

But the owner did have a remarkably nice bow. I’ve hidden it under the bear pelt I’m still hauling around.

[​IMG]

The one other good thing they had was a basic alchemical bench. I only have so many materials at the moment, but I can make some educated guesses about their properties and work from there.

[[Which is to say, I looked up their effects and I’m trying to get them filled in as systematically as possible.]]

[​IMG]

As I suspected, many of their effects when properly treated are similar or identical to those variants I’m familiar with. However, some of these ingredients are new to me, and others aren’t producing effects as potent as I’d expect. Flora and fauna growing in stupidly cold alpine conditions may be coarser and less concentrated in their essences, or require different methods of preparation. Time will tell which is the case.
    [​IMG]
    I doubt she actually has the latest word on that. Unless she personally talked to the dragon, I don’t see how she could know what happened, logistically.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Like x 3
  3. CellarSpider

ffs imgur scrambled my images. It'll be fixed in a second.

Edit: Done so.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

don't speak to me or my 5000 potions made by randomly sticking ingredients together ever again

• Like x 6
  5. CellarSpider

Oh that's absolutely how I'd do it normally, but normally I don't have a mission to poison a child.

• Like x 5
  6. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Didn't even... fuck Oblivion even mentioned the term for 'eating' them (actually grinding them against the teeth) but I'm a mite tipsy and don't dremember. For shame! (Then I mix alike potions with 3 ingredients each, a new set of 3 each time, just once so there are ingredients left if I discover something interesting.)

7. chaoticArbiter

fair point.
    strangely, though, I've ended up with a LOT of poisons via "select three things at random, combine"....it's always potions to help me that I have the most trouble with. :P

8. Lazarae

Also I have a bunch of damage health plants memorized because tha'ts what alchemy is for right??

• Like x 1
  9. chaoticArbiter

the fun thing is, I always spend all this time making health poisons and health/magicka potions and stealing health and magicka potions and health poisons
    and then
    I never use any of them.

• Like x 2
  10. CellarSpider

I am also this. I save them for panic spam moments, which are more likely to happen with a couple of the mods I have on, but mostly it's just. The heaviest things I have in my inventory are armor and seventy bajillion potions.

• Like x 1
  11. chaoticArbiter

when it comes to using potions, I'm the embodiment of that Tumblr post that goes like this:

“what if there’s an emergency”
    -gets into an emergency-
    “WHAT IF THERE’S A BIGGER EMERGENCY”

• Like x 4
  12. Lazarae

I compulsively steal every health potion forever so I've always got 50+ of 'em so I just chugalug.

• Like x 1
  13. chaoticArbiter

I usually have so many potions that if I have to get rid of like, armor and stuff to be able to not be at the "you can't run anymore" weight
    but even then I'm always like
    "MUST CONSERVE FOR THE BIGGEST EMERGENCY EVER"

• Like x 3
  14. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

cedar are you me

• Like x 2
  15. chaoticArbiter

actually I am secretly your sockpuppet

• Like x 4
  16. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

so secret even I didn't know! I'm good at this sockpuppet stuff :P

• Like x 4
  17. CellarSpider

[​IMG]

Finally as the sun set behind the many, many mountains this land has, I decided to grit my teeth and go deal with Beard’s extended family, in the name of determining how best to steal from them all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I heard you the first time, I just chose not to acknowledge it. Why hadn’t he asked his brother-in-law about it? He’d been loitering about the place all day.

True, what with mourning your son and all. If they even care? The people in this town seem off. It’s like being back at home again.

[​IMG]

Complete with greetings of “why aren’t you dead yet”.

I can find a reason for anything.

So what I gathered from this was that Girder didn’t understand that when you don’t agree with a person, then you don’t agree with that person. Also that the only real issue here is the Thalmor’s policy about the human god. I would have thought “they fought the Empire to a bloody and brutal draw, neither of them can muster strength against each other at the moment, so they’re targeting us now” would be the more reasonable.

But no, she seemed utterly unaware that the Empire was not the most logical object of her ire. I suppose that would mean acknowledging that maybe it’s also a poor idea to be fighting a civil war right now. It only makes it easier for the Thalmor to kill more of you, you know.

Also I was under the impression that Ulfrick killed the King with very loud dragon magic. I’d personally count it as cheating to win a royal duel by yell someone to pieces or drop stones out of the sky on them, but who knows. Maybe the Nords really are this buggeringly stupid about how they determine succession.

[​IMG]

Once they’re asleep, I’m going to steal everything. Then hit the shop, then the other little houses nearby. Find somewhere to stash all of their belongings outside of town—I think I spotted a cleft in the rock on the way in. It might lead to a cave. If I have to set another bear on fire, so be it, it’ll give me a good dumping ground for the worthless dross and I’ll keep the bits I like.

• Like x 2
  18. CellarSpider

[​IMG]

They should have known better than to fall asleep around me.

The shopkeep and sibling, however, were still awake. So I contented myself with quietly made off with everything downstairs.

[​IMG]

Text doesn’t properly get across how creepy their tone sounded for some reason. Maybe it’s fatigue or the head trauma, but I trust them even less now. If I go anywhere near Bleak Falls Barrow, I’m going to have to take a route that they won’t think to monitor.

[​IMG]

The other houses (sans blacksmith’s residence on account of their precociously industrious child) were stripped of all possessions. There were some close calls in the little box Dragon-Sighter and Mom-Invalidator live in, but I still managed to remove everything.

[​IMG]

Next, on to the hiding spot on the road. Very slowly. I wanted to take as much of the haul as I could, but that meant trudging uphill was a tiring and frustrating exercise. Still, I expected to dump the lot and be back in town before sunrise.

[​IMG]

But of course, the cave was already occupied. By bandits. I’d intended to pin the crimes on hypothetical bandits, not a hive of actual ones. And to my even greater misfortune, being weighted down with mugs doesn’t exactly lend oneself to dealing with incredibly territorial arseholes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This could have gone better.

[​IMG]

Still, my improvised armor composed mostly of wooden plates did the job long enough for me to bung the rest of them in the head with a few arrows.

[​IMG]

Lesson learned: if you’re carrying over a hundred pounds of stolen goods, remove it before securing a staging ground. Or deal with the weight somehow.

• Like x 3
  19. chaoticArbiter

.....please tell me you stuffed the dead bodies full of wooden plates and stuff. PLEASE

• Like x 4
  20. CellarSpider

Okay, so I forgot to do that, and meant to set it up tonight. I just spent a lot of time arranging baskets and cauldrons and plates over the ragdolls and apparently skyrim did not like that.

CTD.

I promise tomorrow they will have those things in their inventories.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice