Kintsugi: The Breakening! (ooc Chat thread)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by NevermorePoe, Dec 7, 2016.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I might just have a slight affinity for witchy magic stuff instead of actual full blown powers. Also my hair is gonna start growing white because why not.

2. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I'm going to modify the plans for the Prydwen to make it closer to what I'm looking for in an airship that can go through space. It might take me a little bit

• Like x 1
  3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

works for me!
    I was thinking I'd probably like, only have lightning up to a certain voltage
    which is to say not enough voltage to murder a human

• Like x 1
  4. Technicality

There are no blueprints online for this fictional airship. Guess I better draw something up myself. Or maybe people can just imagine it with all the outside deck bits inside? Here's a reference picture

5. palindromordnilap

Well, technically, voltage isn't what kills you. You need enough voltage for the current to pass through your body and THEN enough intensity to kill you.
    Also, I'm definitely joining the airship crew. And you won't even need pressurization or lift if you put in a shard! Maybe Cedar's house shard, now that I think about it.

6. Technicality

7. Technicality

I don't want to call it the Prydwen though because that's plagiarism and also not very creative. I kind of want to call it the Spectrum but if you have a better name please tell me

8. chaoticArbiter

according to what I read, it is voltage that kills you, it's just that it has to be able to reach your heart, but we have built-in resistance to electricity so it doesn't (usually) shoot straight to our heart. problem is, lightning requires at least 10,000 volts to move through a centimeter of air--so lightning tends to have a fuckton of voltage.

9. Technicality

How I'm imagining it is it's almost identical to the Prydwen on the outside, minus the vertibirds. They're not very useful in space anyways. That deck where they would normally come off instead is a cargo bay, and is also how you get aboard the ship; the sides open up, and you walk/fly/take a shuttle on. The pilot's station, which in Fallout is near the back of the craft, is gone, and there is a bridge inside. Observation decks remain mostly unchanged. The inside is a lot brighter as well. Less BoS and more USS Enterprise. If we decide that there is not air between the shards, then the propellers at the back can be replaced by thrusters. The main deck is less dirty, and inside there is a bridge. This bridge looks like that of the Anaconda from Elite: Dangerous. It is not capable of going very quickly, but is a very effective base. Its name (undecided, as of time of writing) is printed on the side near the front, and instead of the metallic grey of the original ship, it is metallic blue. It is powered by hundreds of solar panels, and is equipped with a radio transmitter/receiver. Lots of space is not used, and the inside can be expanded later.
    Reading over what I wrote, this will definitely take a while to make. I will need help for it as well, and probably a big, open space to put a shipyard. Maybe it can be made a bit higher up, where the shards start to thin out. Lots of materials to gather, and it will definitely start with a framework of wood instead of metal. (That can be replaced later) Since physics are weird in space, there isn't really a need to have the main body completed right away, as there isn't a need to contain lots of gas to lift it. As for pressurization, I'm thinking that there are some shards contained in the main body, and the air from those is shared around the ship. The materials from the buildings on the shard could also be used to build the ship that contains them.

• Like x 1
  10. Technicality

Also, I don't know if I made this apparent, but it is GIGANTIC. Like, truly enormous.

11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

So, quick question for you future bird people: Have you guys ever had birds? Because, if you haven't you're gonna be really surprised when molting season hits and all your feathers fall out and get replaced by pin feathers. General behaviour from my feather friends indicates that pin feathers are quite unpleasant, and probably itchy.

• Like x 4
  12. chaoticArbiter

I read about those actually! and it did inform me they are itchy.

• Like x 2
  13. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

If I erase my cat allergies, i can be part cat.
    i am cute and have claws, but sleep all day and have the urge to eat all small mammals/birds

• Like x 3
  14. chaoticArbiter

............................................hides myself in a tree
    do not eat me

• Like x 2
  15. palindromordnilap

Okay, but what are the drawbacks? :P

• Like x 1
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

We'll have to give you a bell necklace so @chaoticArbiter knows you're coming.

• Like x 4
  17. chaoticArbiter

yes, definitely. also because it would be adorable, but mostly so I know that you are coming. and can hide in a tree.

• Like x 2
  18. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

easily distracted. must sit in any available boxes XD
    cannot get out of trees
    this is a reasonable precaution XD I accept this necessity

• Like x 2
  19. Technicality

I'm also part cat, although mostly I'm just a really good engineer and that's my power

• Like x 2
  20. chaoticArbiter

do you ALSO want to eat me

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice