Kintsugi: The Breakening! (ooc Chat thread)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by NevermorePoe, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-ears perk up at mention of magic- Also the literal world shattering reminds me of the Ephemera books. (Which I love)

• Like x 1
  2. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Am I too late to join?
    And apocalypse new England is good

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

am expressing cursory interest but not sure yet how much I can commit!

4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I really like the idea of a shattered world, and as a bonus we could have any biome we want - they're just floating near each other.

• Like x 5
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

gotta build bridges from shard to shard

• Like x 3
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Oh, so are we gonna be starting immediately after the kinpocalypse? Or are we doing it a little later, after a community as started to form. We could do both, a founders and latecomers, but I was just wondering if there was a large preference towards one or the other.

• Like x 3
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´d love playing from the start. Also a bonus for shattered world: Anyone who wants to join later can have come from a shard of the world we hadn´t seen before.

• Like x 4
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I'm gonna tie sheets to my shard and island and fly it around And none of you can stop me!

• Like x 6
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

If you find a small enough shard and a strong enough wind....

• Like x 3
  10. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

• Like x 6
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I've been found out!

12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Also, i have a picture in my head of how the breakening happens if its the shattering, but I can't make it get onto paper.

• Like x 3
  13. O.V.I.R

O.V.I.R Origin Virtual Intelligence Researcher

>>>><>Black Box Protocol: Data recording <><<<<

Warning:// Data Damaged: Audio lost. Transcript follows where possible:

FILE: 1157-10-05-00000

Researcher: Aiden: How could something like <<<ERROR: DATA LOST>>> exist without anybody finding out? Wouldn’t someone have been able to follow the seismic readings?

Researcher: Cherron: Why would anyone follow seismic data underground? We always thought this stuff was only the result of fracking! Why would We dig down here to find out what was really causing the damage to <<<ERROR: RECORDING DAMAGED>>>

Researcher: Aiden: Of course, when the faults broke nobody wanted to contribute funding that could have prevented this. If we had know this existed -

Researcher: Cherron: Nobody would have been able to do anything. This would have been hushed up. Top secret clearance and above only. Or worse, you remember se--​
    <<<ERROR: DATA CORRUPTED UNABLE TO TRANSCRIBE>>>

<<<ATTEMPTING DATA RECONSTRUCTION FOR FILE: 1157-10-05-00000>>>

<<<RESULT: FAILURE>>>

<<<FURTHER RECONSTRUCTION UNAVAILABLE>>>

<<<Beginning work on next file>>>

<<<Estimated time to completion: 12 hours>>>

<<<<>TRANSMISSION ENDED<>>>>

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like x 6
  14. Wiwaxia

ooh, i like.

(geologist nitpick: we absolutely do follow seismic data undeground and in the midwest. refraction of underground seismic waves and when they arrive at various seismic stations around the world lets us image the density of things underground, and is how we know about the interior structure of the earth. there's actually a lot of seismic monitoring going on in the midwest right now due to research about whether fracking is causing more small scale earthquakes, but pretty much everywhere has a few seismic stations on general principles, and even if not, stations elsewhere in the world would be able to pick up on and pinpoint anything big from aforementioned seismic waves traveling through the earth)

• Like x 1
  15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I meant physically: As in, caving near seismic activity, which seems like something that wouldn't be done.

• Like x 3
  16. Wiwaxia

ahhh, gotcha
    well, don't underestimate people being dumb but that does make a lot more sense

• Like x 3
  17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Could I poke you for a bit more discussion on this? I'd like to be semi accurate with what i'm writing.

• Like x 4
  18. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I will do this but I will not be able to be here lot of times during the weekdays

19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Also, if anyone else wants to help with @O.V.I.R lemme know, i could use some help with the files, though I definitely have a plot in mind for it, so you would get spoilers if you wanted to get too into it.

20. O.V.I.R

O.V.I.R Origin Virtual Intelligence Researcher

>>>><>Black Box Protocol: Data recording <><<<<

Data File: 1158-10-05-00000

Warning:// Data present is A Result Of Automated Reconstruction Attempts.

<<<<>Data on ORIGIN EVENT Follows:<>>>>

Object ORIGIN appears to be a sphere with two rings gently orbiting it. The object glows softly at all times, small items near Object ORIGIN often hover an inch or two above ground. Periodically the object shifts in output drastically: . Specifically, the two rings surrounding it rotate much faster, and when they cross each other a burst of light can be seen from Object ORIGIN During this increased period, the object’s apparent effects increase: Larger objects can begin to hover in the air several feet off the ground, and even researchers too near Object ORIGIN will be pulled into the air. To date, nobody has been injured during these rapid energy releases.

As of <<<RECONSTRUCTION FAILURE>>> ‘s rotational period has increased by <<<DATA CORRUPTED>>> Caution is advised by the research board. Per orders, all personnel have been evacuated from base alpha following increased risk due to seismic activity. We have reccomended the evacuation of <<<DATA CORRUPTED>>>

<<<ATTEMPTING AUTOMATED RECONSTRUCTION>>>

<<<RECONSTRUCTING FILES 10%>>>

<<<RECONSTRUCTING FILES 75%>>>

<<<ERROR 15.7 PERCENT UNRECOVERABLE: RECOVERED DATA FOLLOWS>>>

--plete evacuation will take at least 72 hours. Given the current seismic readings of Object ORIGIN we believe we will have just over 69 hours. Residents are being encouraged to leave behind pets and belongings in order to move people in evacuation vehicles more rapidly. We could move much faster if the distortion waves generated by Object Origin hadn’t begun affecti--

<<<ALL FURTHER DATA IN FILE CORRUPTED OR MISSING.>>>

<<<ATTEMPTING RECONSTRUCTION OF NEXT FILE.>>>

<<<ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETION: 36 HOURS>>>

Also, cleaned up the original post above, made it make a bit more geological sense and hopefully made it a bit more cohesive.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice