Kintsugi: The Breakening! (ooc Chat thread)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by NevermorePoe, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

you know what I'll make the new thread before I go to bed. and I might just be the radio voice manager person I was before because I liked that plotline actually

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i really liked the format of that-it was actually really good, hell, if you wrote a short story collection thing out of Radio High Flyer transcripts that'd be really interesting and i'd buy it

3. Technicality

4. Technicality

thanks! I'm going to try to mostly stay as that role because what I was doing as a character in the story wasn't nearly as good, plus I liked doing it a bit more

5. Technicality

and also you can go in and be like "what is happening now" if you want to.

6. Technicality

so I decided to go with the TV alert tone because it soinds a lot creepier than the radio one. Also, I'm awake now and will keep writing things to get to a playable point in the story.

7. Technicality

...I forgot how much I loved writing content for this

• Like x 2
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

is that thread just for the announcements/radio? Should I make an rp thread for people to jump in on or?

9. Technicality

oh no everyone can jump in there. it'd be a pretty lonely thread with just me

• Like x 1
  10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

It's been a long time for me since I looked at this thread last, would anyone else like it if I wrote up a brief recap of what we'd decided so far for lore and rules last?

• Agree x 2
  11. Technicality

sure, go ahead. i think that i made a rules thing as one of the first posts in the first breakening thread

12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I'd forgotten about that!

A few things:
    I don't think we decided how magic works, though we generally said it's there. I wanted thermodynamic magic - which is to say the use of magic generates heat, which must be dissipated to avoid injury. Others suggested it simply being costly in the form of energy it takes to cast.

My personal favorite is thermodynamic, but i'm biased because I had an original universe with that from forever.
    I also didn't see any consensus on whether there was air between the shards.
    Cell phones are both radio receivers and senders, if we could fix them/radio towers we'd have a radio network to use to contact each other. This would require both programming and circuit making knowledge.

13. Technicality

I think that each shard was going to have an air pocket on it, and none outside? And I like the idea of magic being thermodynamic.

• Like x 2
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Or maybe there’s a little air outside the shards, but it’s equivalent to being at a very high altitude, and thinner the further away you are from a shard. So you could survive for a few minutes outside, but you’d get dizzy and black out before too long. And close clusters of shards basically share one continuous atmosphere.

I also liked the thing where shards kept their original environments no matter where they ended up, so you could have a piece of Death Valley right next to a piece of the Pacific Northwest rainforest. And if you landed on a piece of Mount Everest, it would have pretty much the same atmosphere as the area outside the shards!

• Agree x 3
  15. Technicality

A thin atmosphere might also allow small enough Shards to move through space with jet-engine propulsion. Which would be neat.

• Like x 2
  16. Technicality

I'm doing a few more of these and then I think that the actual game can start, with people actually jumping in and such. I hope that they're enjoyable :D

• Like x 1
  17. Technicality

I may be sperging slightly. Just a bit. :P

• Like x 1
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I wonder how survival would go in cities? That density of people really needs the support of the infrastructure in order to survive - even if everyone on my block was a farming expert, the majority would probably end up starving without food imports, even if there were a lot of deaths in the initial explosion. I guess there would have to be a mass exodus to the former countryside.

19. Technicality

I was thinking that there would be a lot of basically recycling buildings. Like, concrete buildings with farms on the roofs, vines crawling up the side. I think someone used the term "solarpunk" at one point

• Like x 2
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

If we made shard size roughly proportional to the amount of living things on it, cities would probably do okay, they'd have enough area around them for farming. Or we could set it up so that shards with more living things attract more shards near them, so cities would have a bunch of smaller shards nearby that they could use for farming. That assumes we want the cities to survive though, it would be easy to fudge it and say we got out of the city/were away from it whenever physics got accidentallied.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice