Kintsugi: The gayest sparkledog anime

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Void, Apr 1, 2016.

1. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS THREAD EARLIER
    admittedly I wasn't huge into sparkledogs/woofs when I was young.
    Nah, my jam was dragons and cats. As in, Warrior Cats.

THAT BEING SAID I am 1000% in support of this whole silly thread and the fun self-indulgence it has
    [​IMG]
    This is Ragingheart. He has draconic fire powers and may have at one point been a literal dragon?? Nobody's quite sure, not even himself. He has a super tragic backstory full of betrayal and also involving being captive but now he is FREEEEEEEEE and nobody will take that away from him, and also he is Loyal To A Fault(tm) to his friends and will FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR THEM
    also in case the name didn't clue you in he has Anger Issues(super tm) and is a bit of a broody mcbrooderson at first.
    There's some bullshit about a destiny he doesn't want and maybe some people hunting him down because of Reasons and also he doesn't do well in captivity and he's probably lost a lot of friends in the past?

also darn u @swirlingflight you took my old default Warriors name |DD AMAZINGLY it isn't as unique of a name as I thought it was when I was like 15

• Like x 7
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I remember some group I came across who made RPs that were literally Warriors with sparklewoofs.
    Anyway, Astralfire loves seeing other dragons and will be your friend.

• Like x 2
  3. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

oh i should show off some of my actual characters that i legit rp with that are totally fucking sparklewolves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'm cryin these are all legit rp characters.

also don't steal this shit i paid for the arts LOL

i'm dead. this is the end. i'm a huge fucking nerd.

• Like x 10
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

the top one looks suspiciously like lapis

• Like x 2
  5. Void

I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

• Like x 9
  6. mustelid

mustelid encounter me in the trench

Neopets is a lawless place where few mortals dare to tread. Or at least it was back then.

• Like x 5
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I actually recall a fair few people getting banned for incredibly minor infractions. And for things like saying something was "hot," because that's obviously sexual and bad.

This applied to saying, for instance, "Man, it's really hot out!"

Some of those stories may have been apocryphal, but I do recall days where getting frozen happened very, very often, usually for ridiculous reasons.

8. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

That was after Neopets started really taking off, I think. Back when it first started and I was in highschool, people were getting away with cybering.

• Like x 2
  9. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

FUCKING MARRY ME RIGHT NOW ACEY THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AS A FORMER SUPER DUPER CEREAL NEOPETS LUPE RPER HOLY SHIT I AM SO STOKED RIGHT NOW

• Like x 10
  10. Acey

If it helps, this was around 2005? So I dunno.

11. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Yeah, a handful of years later. I graduated highschool in '01 and I'd been playing for at least a year before.

12. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

*fondly remembers threads soliciting offsite rp using euphemisms like "contact (name1) via the running man, or reach a bored professional at (name2)" to mean an AIM and proboards name respectively because you couldn't actually say those things anymore because soliciting offsite rp was against Da Rules*

• Like x 6
  13. Void

[​IMG]

i'm such trash i made yet another wolf oc

• Like x 11
  14. raginghearts

Aaaaah man @Void I love your art style for drawing woofs ;A;

also, re: Neopets Nostalgia, I remember very clearly that you couldn't say "bad as"
    which made saying things like "man that wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting" IMPOSSIBLE
    also I distinctly remember apostrophes getting banned for a while so we all had to use the ` symbol instead
    OH AND TALKING ABOUT ROUNDABOUT WAYS TO SAY OTHER SITE NAMES:
    the book of faces.

• Like x 5
  15. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Why the fuck were apostrophes banned

That seems so arbitrary

16. Void

this newest thing i posted was just colored on a template plz dont think that's me drawing lol.

the first drawings in the thread are mine tho

also i totally want to rp woofs. i can't even help it. i'll probably make a thread in the rp board for brainstorming

• Like x 1
  17. raginghearts

I think because people ended up using them to try to get around swearing? Like as's for ass or sh'it or he'll (WHICH I MEAN. THAT LAST ONE IS A LEGIT WORD THAT ISN'T A SWEAR.) Or else it was just a case of the filters being shit. Which they were.

Oh, ok, my bad! My point still stands, though, I loved the art you did in the beginning of the thread and kept forgetting to mention it. And also even if it is a template that was some damn fine coloring skillz

18. Void

Yeah i was pretty lazy and have been coloring templates for like. years. So many years.

19. Acey

I also remember that you weren't allowed to say "password" in any context. This was supposedly to keep people from giving out their passwords, but it was a really stupid way to do it.

• Like x 2
  20. Void

early neopets sounds like a fucking trip. i didn't even know the forums existed, i literally just did minigames all day

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice