Kintsugijin Shaming

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by 3strim, Feb 24, 2019.

1. 3strim

3strim Professional Accidental Rater

Sometimes, it's not your garbage brain you need to laugh at. And maybe it wasn't the kind of 'whoops' you would post in TIFU.

But you still judge yourself, and sometimes the cringe is so bad you want others to laugh or wince with you.

Welcome, to Kintsugijin Shaming.

Be it stumbling across old photos and needing to laugh about the fashion sense (or lack thereof) your baby self had, to you finding mystery chocolate on your floor and eating it anyways because it's chocolate, we've got you covered! Just two minor rules that both cover the same basic concept:
    • No self hate
    • No serious condemnation of others.
    We keeping this thread a light and happy place, okay folks?

• Like x 5
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I was walking around yesterday in a light blue turtleneck, black leggings, a floor-length black skirt, bright purple socks, and brown boots with a gray lining thing at the top. In my defense, it was laundry day.

• Winner x 2
  3. 3strim

The worst part is I would probably throw together a similar outfit but with holiday novelty socks for something that isn't even close to happening.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. 3strim

For more of a horror story, with 'damn you nasty' vibes:

I was wondering why I could hear the fan choke and struggle if I had Chrome and literally anything else open.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Such a mystery, self. I can't imagine why that might be.

So yeah, callout for Etansel: let their computer get to this stage. (I swear I wipe it down annually though, and am about to get more compressed air to finish it off)

• Witnessed x 4
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Sometimes I put chocolate syrup on crispy rice cereal to make faux chocolate crispy rice cereal. My husband looks at me with horror when I do it, and that's probably fair.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

@Etansel I've seen worse but I'm still crying how could you

• Agree x 2
  7. 3strim

I'm sorry, @Maya. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you cry but tonight,
    I'm cleaning my computer.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  8. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I was at a training camp last week, tons of new names to remember, and I only wore my glasses for parts of it, meaning everyone with the team shirt looked basically identical... so on day 2 I had to ask my teammates to re-introduce themselves and I could tell one of them was confused at not being remembered so I was going to explain that it was the shirt's fault but I, the fool I am, managed to completely mess it up and make a GREAT impression

I looked this almost-stranger in the eyes and said "I didn't recognize you with your shirt on"

• Witnessed x 8
    • Winner x 2
  9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ooh, babby self fashion shaming?? I am so in.

Okay, so here’s the outfit I put together for my 12th birthday party:
    • A black tee over a long-sleeved shirt, I think (this was the least heinous part of it)
    • A frilly black knee-length skirt...over a floor-length patterned orange skirt (it did NOT work aesthetically)
    • A fucking striped novelty top hat, worn completely seriously
    • I forget what shoes I had on but I’m not sure I want to know
    • And, most hideously, an attempt at gothy eye makeup that looked more juggalo than anything else.
    The worst part is that I thought I looked cool...

• Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I misjudged my avocado buying and was too lazy to wait for my avocados to ripen more. So now I have a salad with hard chunks of avocado.

• Witnessed x 8
  11. Acey

Oh god, I’ve been there and it SUCKS. I hope you get riper avocados next time!

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

If you want something to ripen faster you can stick it in a paper bag with a banana for a while. It really speeds up the process.

Also, my shaming sign would say "runs their mouth/gossips too much". I love sharing info to get reactions sometimes, and it definitely gets me in trouble often. I will say I've never repeated something someone told me not to, or repeated something I'm sure is fake, but still.

• Useful x 1
  13. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

When will I learn not to hold my phone directly over my face? I keep dropping it on my face and surprising the shit out of myself in the dead of night! XD

• Witnessed x 5
  14. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

please imagine a picture of me in gay baby jail with a sign around my neck that says "steals his housekeeper's bath products."

i'm gonna replace the neutrogena shampoo i swear. it's just i've been using body wash on my hair for weeks and the buildup was nasty.

• Witnessed x 3
  15. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

callout post for past me: before moving away from italy we needed to use up out grocery things that the neighbors didn't pick through and want things from (we had a box outside our door with Take Me written on it for anyone to get any kitchen goodies they wanted, it was nice to see people get excited by Free Foods And Seasonings) while also needing to feed ourselves for like. the last 2 nights before the movers came and we moved to the hotel before the plane. i had mac and cheese i'd saved... and a can of jalapenos. a lil can.

i didn't test the jalapenos before i put them in to see just how strong it was.

i also didn't drain the fucking can.

i put the entire little can into the mac and cheese. it made the dish completely inedible. like. you could get a few mouthfuls down before the intense painful burning started up, but then it hit your stomach and it was like a nuclear fucking bomb went off and both me and my ex were getting severe pulse spikes. he looked like he was going to faint because he kept eating it and it made his blood pressure weird. and then I was stupid and kept trying to eat it too. I learned my lesson from that thankfully but omg. past ryn. past ryn why. you dumb little muppet, why would you do that.

see also more recent callout post: made instant yakisoba. forgot to put the fucking seasoning packet in, yet didn't think anything at all was weird with the noodles?? the plain noodles? didn't question it in the slightest :V found the seasoning packet later like "..... :O!!!!! OH"

• Witnessed x 6
  16. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

honestly you were probably adorable

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  17. Acey

I mean I kinda was, but I was still a fashion disaster. :P

• Agree x 1
  18. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yeah, I never have bananas in the house because I hate them :P

• Witnessed x 2
  19. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

there's a bunch of fruits that produce ethylene (the hormone that makes plants get ripe) that you can use instead of bananas! you can also just put the avocados (or whatever) in a paper bag alone.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/food-science-ethylene-gas-130275

• Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

bought 2 nice skeins of yarn at the yarn store, put them in my shopping bag, stayed another hour for the knitting social thing

went home and put the yarn away and only then realized i didnt actually wind it using the store's winder

This is not uncommon for yarn likers but im shaming myself anyway

(i know u can theoretically wind it using like a chair but im Not gonna)

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice