Kiss With A Fist

Discussion in 'Swords Across the Styx' started by Zin, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Yosef Douglas

Yosef Douglas A plumage of twisted steel

He keeps his eyes on the road, expression dark. It's not a long drive to his apartment.

Given everything, she might suspect that that's deliberate. He sure doesn't spend much time there.

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

She steps out quietly, and Scott steps away from his car, shoving his phone into his pocket.

If he notices her eyes are red, he says nothing.

3. Yosef Douglas

Yosef nods at Scott, and says nothing about the delay. "... There's not much to move," he says, as he lets them inside. His apartment is at the other end of the building. The hall smells faintly of marijuana and damp.

4. Scott Sakach

Scott Sakach I'd Rather Be An Honest Asshole Than A Fuckin Liar

"....are we billing the company for this?" He asks as they walk.

5. Abigail Fillar

Abigail Fillar It's Okay To Be A Glowstick

"...I... I assume so. Right?" Abigail glances around uncertainly.

6. Yosef Douglas

"Yes. Feel free to order any food or drinks you want." He opens the door to his apartment, stepping inside.

He wasn't joking about not having much to move.

It's a studio apartment, mostly bare. Bed, desk, laptop, dresser. A few cardboard boxes in the closet, like he never actually unpacked, when he moved in.

7. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The two look around as they step in, then back to Yosef.

8. Yosef Douglas

"... the boxes should go to storage. I will... pack what I need. ... the rest..." He pauses, not looking at them. "I don't care."

9. Scott Sakach

"...are you sure?" Scott asks.

10. Yosef Douglas

"... I'm sure. None of it matters anyway." He shakes his head gingerly, hair falling into his face, and starts packing clothes.

11. Scott Sakach

"...." Scott shoots Abigail a look, then grabs her arm. "Grab the boxes, we'll put them in my car. C'mon."

12. Abigail Fillar

Abigail Fillar It's Okay To Be A Glowstick

She hesitates, then hurries after him.

13. Yosef Douglas

... Going to peek inside?

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

...once they get to the car, Scott does, much to Abigail's horrified squeaking.

15. Yosef Douglas

The things inside are cluttered and rumpled, like they were shoved inside in a hurry. Photos, letters, a few articles of clothing. Detritus. It looks like a haphazard mixture of childhood mementos, military detritus, and the heirlooms and cheap jewelry of ... well. Someone Yosef's parents' age, probably.

The boxes are dusty. Like they haven't been touched in years.

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"....what a load of crap," Scott mutters, shoving the box into the car. "...he really doesn't give a shit about anything but work, does he?"

"...don't be mean. He's going to try and help us all. Just. Don't be such a dick, Scott..."

"I'm not being a dick, I'm being a fucking realist here, Abigail. This is fucked and we can't even wiggle out of it." Scott slams the hatchback of his car closed.

"...well. At least we aren't going to be alone?" She tugs on a lock of her hair.

Scott turns, giving an exasperated sigh. "...yeah, but that's not getting us further, here."

17. Yosef Douglas

By the time they come back up, Yosef has a duffel bag and a backpack sitting on the bed.

"This is all I need. I've called the landlord."

18. Scott Sakach

"...you want us to just stash your stuff in one of your apartments, then?" Scott asks bluntly. "It won't take up any space."

19. Yosef Douglas

"... Please. I'd rather not have it... damaged."

"... Well. Let's go, then."

20. Scott Sakach

"...what. No battle plan for dealing with the crazy vivisection harpy?" Scott scowls.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice