Kitchen And Craft Wix Corner (Exciteable Bird, Enter At Own Risk)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by IvyLB, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

ivy i was just making incoherent noises and sharing looks with my partners and pointing like LOOK HOW GOOD THE FASHION IS LOOK #GOALS
    and it was agreed that all of your outfits are incredible

whispers where do you shop oh my gosh.

• Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

mostly thrift shops and faires sadly lmao
    the one *brand* brand I follow and adore is chapati, a local small scale alternative/goth-y hippie/goa/slightly desert-punk style designer by an iranian immigrant. It's like literally the only clothes besides lolita fashion I will pay stupid amounts of money for and I have a few pieces now that i am infintely in love with however due to it being a tiny tiny brand with very little presence even here in germany idk if they do international orders and also they have a bit of a small sizing cutoff which is always an issue :c I wear an M, an L with them if i want things to be decently oversized/comfy and I don't even always comfortably fit into pants that are L and I am... a stick person.... so.............

• Winner x 2
  3. IvyLB

advent calender with seeds is...... yyyyyesssssss.....
    first one was zinnias, which around here are put in the ground around may! They'll either go to the frontyard or, if we can find it, one of the less shaded parts of the back, but that sounds unlikely. Full sunlight is way harder to get than clay-y ground, clay is like everything here xP

• Winner x 5
  4. IvyLB

I should add that this calender is specifically bee-attracting/friendly plants which is great. It'll fit well with the absolute boatloads of thyme we have instead of lawn out front!!!!!!!! Because bees are FRIENDS!!!!!!

• Winner x 6
  5. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

IVY THAT CALENDER SOUNDS CHOICE WHERE WAS IT ACQUIRED?

• Agree x 1
  6. IvyLB

• Winner x 3
  7. TheOwlet

8. IvyLB

NP! I'll gladly spread the joy of SEEDS and FLOWERS and GARDENS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

Putting this here bc afeared of clogging up the fantown thread with dumb theories but
    someone mentioned 'oh man solas is standing opposite the dread wolf what if that symbolizes inner division and that he's not evil after all' and i'm just
    honey.
    Besides the fact that this is clearly wishful thinking talking, when was the last time solas drew himself with hair in his furry murals?
    exactly he doesn't.
    he always depicts himself as bald, sometimes shrouded in the pelt of fen'harel, sometimes wearing a hood, but the figure shown in the teaser has either a tight cap or hair, neither of which solas ever depicted himself with.
    So the only conclusion I can draw from this is that DA4 is racelocked into elf PCs, because this is an elvhen mess and human player characters dipping their toes into what is essentially the conclusion of ancient feuds and conflict stemming from arlathan would have weird white savio implications bioware is trying to avoid, thank u for coming to my ted talk.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 1
  10. IvyLB

people rating that like instead of coming for my throat for being way too into elves while still considering solas a cockhead (albeit a kissable one, listen my tastes are trash, okay, I've terrible tastes and he's eloquent, knowledgeable and faux mysterious and an artist and that's like catnip to me) is exactly why I'm here and not in DA fandom at large
    anyways, I hope they give us a romanceable dwarf companion. And more qunari. and fancy fancy tevinter fashion
    ... given the figure in the mural they revealed doesn't have a vallaslin i'm gonna lean a bit out there and say probably city elf, maybe even an elven slave for the origin, though what I think would almost be more exciting would be if you start out as part of solas's rebellion and that's why they don't have a vallaslin, solas already erased it, if it was present in the first place.
    though to be 100% real, I would not be mad about being able to choose races again, 100% i would be excited about that too, especially because the most likely setting would have some exciting potential for that (ambassadoria dwarves. Seheron Actual-For-Real-Qunari, maybe even recent deserters. or, you know, Orlesian origins, especially for the humans, to keep with the thing of your country of origin being the last game's main setting.)
    I just think it'd be super funny to see the Humans-Only-subset of the DA Fandom get super fucking mad

• Agree x 3
  11. IvyLB

also you can TOTALLY respond here, I like everyone who's in here regularly, y'all, I just don't want to be Super Publicly And Shame-ably excited about threadbare theories that could easily be proven false like next week given the rumors for how long off the actual release date for DA4 is

12. IvyLB

I wish we had mroe to go on than that 1 minute of teaser tho bc i'm staring at my vast army of OCs and am just like
    okay. if it's an elf and the timeframe is right i could do Athim. for humans i have the option of doing Elouan if an orlesian origin is forced. I could always do escaped slave mage!Teggy if the origin is indeed a tevinter slave.......... Ryol would be interesting too, maybe, but he wouldn't be the first character i make bc i need the first slot to go to Atish'an's worldstate and ryol belongs to brejan's (duh)

• Like x 1
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

OH OH OH IVY

someone on my dash was theorizing that the elf was Shartan and that Solas The Dread Wolf took over Shartan’s body a la Mythal and Flemeth, and that’s why the red lyrium ANDRASTE IDOL is so significant—that he’s directly responsible for the blights, maybe, and there’s only two old gods left... and two circles still lit on the background of the teaser image

• Winner x 2
  14. TheOwlet

OH I LIKE THAT LINK ME THAT ONE PLEASE

15. IvyLB

OH SHIT?????????? FUCK MAN I LOVE THAT. PLEASE.

16. IvyLB

Shartan needs more love in general and I should read what we know of his canticle

• Agree x 1
  17. IvyLB

thsi is a note to me to comb through the wiki and ressources for
    • all astarium constellatons and their assumed/known links to mythical figures
    • all of solas' furry murals to put together comprehensive symbolism and shorthand lists to go over the new image with
    • looking at other known iconography wrt andraste and shartan for information wrt that
    • done! https://kintsugi.seebs.net/threads/dragon-age-anyone.727/page-80#post-866269
    • comb over codices for the old gods, evanuris and the chant of light verses
    • look over alamarri, chasind and avvar legends/songs again for further links

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  18. IvyLB

2018-12-09 (29).png
    regular reminder that my girl is gorgeous, beautiful amazing and so are all my other DA characters but SHE

• Winner x 8
  19. IvyLB

Things that are good:
    turnip casserole with smoked salmon
    4-6 people according to recipe but it's p comfortable for 4 folks imo

ingredients:
    • 700g turnip (so one on the smallish side)
    • 250g smoked salmon slices (or more. I'd recommend more? I'd definitely recommend more like 400g to a pound, but the recipe says 250g)
    • 200g crème fraîche
    • 150ml cream
    • 1-2 tablespoons of creamed horseradish (or the same amount of grated horseradish without added cream if you aren't a coward. Can definitely go to the top end of this but like this is according to taste so whatever)
    • salt, pepper (duh)
    • 1/2 a bundle of chives or so
    • 200g creamy mild camembert
    Instructions:
    • peel ya turnip, then slice it in thin slices. a mandoline slicer is very useful for this step.
    • mix creme fraiche, cream and horseradish. mix until smooth. season to taste with salt and pepper.
    • wash, shake off and slice the chives into small rolls. You know. The chive rolls. The bitty bits. The best thing about this herb.
    • Mix that in your cream stuff!
    • Preheat oven to 160°C w/ fan on, or something similar to that, idk, every oven is different, mine's an overly exciteable little bitch so I have to keep way under but that's what the recipe says.
    • Get your casserole dish, layer stuff up! Start with a layer of cream, turnip, cream, salmon, cream, turnip, and so on and so forth. Like a lasagna only better.
    • When you're done try to end on a layer of cream, then top with thinly sliced camembert.
    • Put it in the oven. Recipe says 50 minutes, mine was done in like 35, so I'd say, like, check after half an hour to be on the safe side, but it might take the full time.
    • ENJOY!!!

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. TheOwlet

GDI ivy now i gotta buy a turnip..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice