Knock it off, brain

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by rigorist, Feb 13, 2017.

1. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

I have a bunch of criminal trials for protesters coming up AT THE END OF MARCH. For various reasons I can't go into here because of attorney client privilege, these are going to be sort of strange trials and I am kind of worried about them because they are not like other things I have done. One thing I can say is that many of the clients are from out of town, so I can't just have meetings with them on short notice and everything has to be planned in advance.

My supposedly normal brain has insisted for the last couple of Sunday nights that the trials are at the END OF FEBRUARY and I have to start doing serious trial preparation for them. It has reached the point that at 4 a.m. I have to get up, log into the state electronic docket system, look up the cases, and see that the trial dates are MARCH 20 and MARCH 27. And by the time I do that, I'm pretty much awake, so Good-Bye two-and-a-half hours of sleep.

Fucking brain. I've told you over and over the trials are next month. Why won't you listen?

• Like x 12
  2. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Since I don't have to start creating six trial notebooks today, I have time to try to figure out Kintsugi drama.

Not sure if that is a good trade off.

3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It could be worse, you could have nothing to do?

4. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

There's a Thomas Sanders vine I tried to find for you but couldn't so I will paraphrase. He's walking down the street to school and asks himself "Did I remember to put my homework in my backpack?" He checks it, the homework is there. He continues walking. Then, "But did I really remember?" He goes to check the backpack again, irritated with himself because he knows it's there, he just checked, and yet.

I sometimes have same problem with this, too. It sucks.

• Like x 5
  5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Now you too can experience the joys of spelunking in a dozen-odd brainbent threads, miscellaneous threads in other locations, piecing together timelines, and trying to infer everything that's being said off-site and only sporadically coveted back to kintsugi at large! Godspeed, soldier.

• Like x 12
  6. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Semi serious suggestion: write "the trials are at the end of March" on a post it note and stick it to your headboard or somewhere else on your bed
    (Semi serious because I've done this before but I have a feeling it won't work for everyone)

• Like x 3
  7. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Or, take a picture of the electronic docket system before you go to bed. Taking a look at a picture is much easier and less 'waking' than logging in on the computer

8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Man, I hate it when that happens.

Worse, one time back in the 90s sometime, I think it happened the other way, so I have a really hard time trusting my memory of when things are...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice