Let´s Lace! [Corsetry Thread]

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Hmm. Was this page or this page not helpful to you?

(No, seriously, I'm not being paid for this, I just really like being able to sit up straight for the first time in my life.)

2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Not really because it doesnt show me that actual shape. you know some corsets have this very harsh nipped in look, while another corset with the same reduction has much smoother lines.

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i think that might be related to the ratios the corset is going for though? tiny-waist-to-big-hip ratio is obviously going to look more dramatically cinched than a gently curved, more modern sillhouette.

4. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

corsets that aren't ALL ABOUT WAIST seem to be hard to find in general, TBH.

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Not quite what i meant. >< and oc (please imagine this as two mirrored cs) are different shapes at any reduction. I rather dislike the first.

6. IvyLB

ah okay i think i get it. yeah that is definitly a thing hrm.
    maybe ask customer service?

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Does anyone have experiuence with Corset Story/ CorsetsUK ? Been coveting this.

8. IvyLB

wow that one's very cute

9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ikr? If the corset I ordered fits as expected OC may have won me over, but their stuff is more function than looks. (Although the shipping to germany is Ouch)
    And I´ve been wanting a pretty stripey corset furefur.

10. IvyLB

just from browsing the site Corset Story seems to have a lot of really cute underbust options
    especially the black silver waspie one :O that's a type I don't see often and I have a kind of short torso so I might just treat myself to one of those, even if they don't have much waist reduction. I'm more after lower back support while being cute anyway lol the thing I have right now for taht looks like... well a medical appliance. Which it is. But that's not cute :/

11. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I've heard a lot of bad things about Corset Story's quality for anything beyond fashion corsetting.

12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Dammit. If someone knows a European based reliable company of similar price range, please point me at them.

13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ok one good discovery: Corset Story has very pretty fashion corsets at very nice prices, which could be worn over a simple function corset. @IvyLB not as good as a proper pretty corset, but better than a visible uncute medical corset? I´m planning on getting some to wear over
    my functional waist training one.

Also I´m curious. Do you guys consider corsets underwear, decorative garments, something else?

14. IvyLB

Oooh hella :D
    I kinda consider them both depending on the amount of stuff on them? Corsets are technically underwear, but It'd be a shame to never wear the super pretty ones visibly.

15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hey, @IvyLB what´s your size? I have this corset in a 26' waist. The shape on the model is accurate, which is why I can´t wear it, I´m too curvy, so it´s 30 euros to a good home. I removed the modesty panel but I can give it too you if you want it. Can also put in some satin ribbon lacing if you don´t want the shoestring style that´s in it.

16. IvyLB

If my calculations and measurements aren't off it would be pretty big in the hips and idk if that's a bad thing? But that's super nice and also a great deal omg I'm gonna search for my actual measuring tape tomorrow and figure out if I'm right about my measurements or if I'm misremembering (I have a big booty so this is actually mildly surprising lol)

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´m pretty wide hipped, and I ended up not being able to lace it any tighter cause it pressed down on my illeac crest. It´s definitely not a super extreme hourglass, and in general I find having room in the hips more comfortable.

18. IvyLB

I'm like 90% sure I misremembered my hip measurement but my mom kidnapped the measuring tape for her knitting and I don't wanna accidentally unravel anything by searching for it that'd be dickish :I But yeah gonna check tmrw because looking them over my calculations look off (but then I am also v tired and bad at maths)

• Like x 1
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Also, here´s a review of a burleska corset, though not the one I have. Might give some idea of the brand though.

20. IvyLB

re-did measurements. I fit the range pretty much as one should!
    Soooo paypal, irl payment in cash, what option would you prefer? *3*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice