Let Bayous Be Bayous - OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by paladinkit, Jan 16, 2016.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Woo! So, which of your Suffering Sufferists is gonna wind up in Vastar's stomping grounds? :3 Also, she's pretty laid back once she knows there's no threat, but she can be nervous with newbies due to the mentioned leaking empath field XD

3. paladinkit

I was honestly thinking the easiest for me to sort out would be Apkuri, at about 11 sweeps old.

Apkuri Feirud
    oliveblood #51b12b
    pipingMelody, ^leads with an accent!
    Her horns form small, flattened, inwardly curved hooks like exaggerated crescent moons.
    Mid-back length hair that she tends to leave in one braid down her back, oval face, upturned nose
    Her interests include poetry, basketweaving, and flutes/pipes.
    She is reserved around all trolls at first, but once she makes her judgement and opens up, is super fun-loving and adventurous.
    Her psi is focused on very minor premonition, mostly immediate “this is bad” or “this is good” gut-feeling survival stuff. (Can I eat it? Can I hide here? Is this path safe? Will this fall apart if I climb it?)
    She is Very Clearly Neurodiverse, which is part of how she fell into the Sufferist movement in the first place.
    Lusus: Wren
    Strifekind: fankind

I can ramble about her more, and if she doesn't sound fun that's also okay - I am happy to interrupt any of the others at other points in their timeline (but to make Apkuri much younger would mean she was missing some very crucial social skills).

4. PotteryWalrus

No, she sounds adorable! (Does she already have any quadrants? If not I'm already shipping her a little pale XDD)

Yeah, Vastar's projective empathy means she sometimes gets a little psychic feedback from other trolls, but she's definitely mostly putting her feels out there. Sometimes she actually forgets that words are a thing that is necessary in meatspace, because Capymom understands her so well and she doesn't meet many other trolls - if she does, they're usually freshwater fishtrolls and a good blast of (rawrthisis mypatchDON'TTOUCHMYBOAT) usually weirds them out enough to leave her alone. (Yes I'm of the headcanon that Eridan plenty of indigoes and violets are freshwater, but they're considered less 'noble' than saltlickers XD)

She's high-spectrum enough that she has slight ear webbing and the start of gills under her grubscars, but she can't breathe water even if Capymom means she can swim just as well XD

5. paladinkit

She has a matesprit (and they definitely have some Hot Pink Quadrant Depravity due to some past situations and, y'know, my personal headcanon that Sufferists generally get rather kinky like that) going on, but she would not be obstructed in any way from a palemance :D

The forgetting to words thing will actually work well with Apkuri - sporadic verbal difficulty is one of her more obvious neurotype tells.

Apkuri... probably doesn't know how to swim. This may be part of what got her in trouble here, actually. She'd be all for learning!

Important Facts: When she was about five-and-a-half sweeps, she had a really really public meltdown at the local supply depot. Her neighbors decided fuck this, she's too weird to contribute to trollkind, we should just cull her. So she ran, and lived feral for about three sweeps. Eventually ran into a hermit-Sufferist of the Zahak discipline. Had wild adventures with various Sufferists, including running from drones more than once and living wild for two more sweeps at one point. Now she's attached to a hub working out of a safehive, and since she has excellent wilderness survival skills often carries physical messages/deliveries that can't be trusted to normal shipping methods.

• Like x 1
  6. PotteryWalrus

Awww! Pfft well Vastar is kind of semi-feral (due to hermitness and her kismesis left like a couple of sweeps back and no-one else talks to 'that weird indigo who can't 'voodoo properly') so they should get along fine.

Maybe she got lost in the swamps and a scalebeast decided she looks tasty? XD (Possible treed her and her lusus, since wrens go for cover first and ask questions later? XD)

(Also it's nearly midnight and I ought to go to bed soon, so forgive if I poof suddenly ^^;;;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  7. paladinkit

That sounds entirely like Apkuri kinds of trouble. She's been treed by wildlife before, actually, which is nicely circular. And I would bet she's never seen a scalebeast before, so that's gonna be fun. All she'll know is "that thing's trouble" and "keep it away from me."

8. PotteryWalrus

Pfft, yeah, and Vastar is entirely used to booping the snoot on the great lumps so they don't get the wrong idea XDD Scalebeast meat is pretty good, too, so she might even wade in to strife XD

EDIT: Alright, I'm off to bed. D'you wanna do a set up post and I'll reply in teh mornings? :3

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    • Like x 1
  9. paladinkit

Sounds excellent :D

...does that mean we should make an RP thread, then? And do you want to write a first post, or me to? (I'm fine either way - starting from Apkuri's situation, or from Vastar setting-the-scenery)

10. paladinkit

OH another procedural thing - I have a terrible, terrible habit of hyperfocusing on storytelling type projects, so if I am annoyingly enthusiastic or overdemanding, please please feel free to tell me to calm down for a bit.

11. paladinkit

Just saw your edit! Good sleeps, and I'll get setup written sometime before I go to the sleeps.

12. PotteryWalrus

Whoops, we simulposted XD I'm off to bed, could you set up from Apkuri's pov and I'll reply in the morning! And loldude, have you SEEN what I've done with my gemsonas over on Escape from Homeworld XDD

• Like x 1
  13. PotteryWalrus

Also have an extremely rough doodle I did of Vastar and her mom :3

[​IMG]

14. paladinkit

awwwe! they are so cute

How much taking-care-of-injuries plot did you want to do? I figured that she was climbing so fast she probably scraped herself up a bit and managed to pull something in her arm or shoulder... but that kind of injury could very easily making climbing down hard enough that she falls and hurts herself more. I'm also okay with retroactively deciding one of the scalebeasts actually got a good snap in at her legs as she was getting away or smth if that's a thing.

15. PotteryWalrus

Hurt comfort is my bread and butter, so maybe a little injured? Like, scalebeast bite enough to maybe mess her up for a couple of days or so... I was about to say no broken bones but trolls wear their bones on the outside, so idk... I'd say injured enough that she needs help, but not enough that she's completely helpless cullbait, you know?

• Like x 1
  16. paladinkit

Got it :D

oooooooo we're also gonna have to coordinate anatomy headcanons sometime - I'd been working with a headcanon that trolls are partway through evolving from exoskeletons to endoskeletons, so they've got some external plating and some "internal struts" that are evolving into more bonelike shapes.

17. PotteryWalrus

Oooh, that's really cool. I headcanon that they have kind of subcutaneous exoskeleton, if that makes sense? Like they have a bit of covering over the exoskeleton itself, so the chinks in the armour arent quiet as bleeding (heh) obvious as all that. Hence the hemospectrum only really being more visible in the eyes towards maturity, and they cocoon in order to moult into each instar.

18. paladinkit

Yup! A softer skin over the chitinous plates :) And in my headcanon, highbloods still have more complete/harder plating - the "higher con score" essentially making them more resistant to the drawbacks of the square-cube law and thus allowing them to take full advantage of the defensive qualities of built-in plate armor without overheating/using too much energy. And Apkuri has gone through her adult molt, so she's gonna be obviously a bit too big, too dark-skinned to really be a wiggler (although she's on the slender side and has a young face, so she takes advantage of that.)

19. PotteryWalrus

Yeah, I was going to ask, at 11 sweeps. Vastar's not quite there, and being a highblood she grows a little slower than a landweller XD She might freak out a little when she realises she was just making encouraging chirps at an adult XDD

• Like x 1
  20. paladinkit

Lol, that is only to be expected. Also the fact that these two will inevitably speak chirp-language at each other is just ridiculously adorable.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice