Let Bayous Be Bayous - OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by paladinkit, Jan 16, 2016.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

'sokay, Apkuri's definitely a ways down that slide. :D

And yeah, it's so much fun to play Apkuri vs a troll who has more normal troll societal expectations. Part of why I wanted to play her at this age is that she's much, much more at peace with her disability limitations - one of the traits her brainweird expresses strongly is bad motor planning/gross motor coordination, usually when stressed or emotional although sometimes it's just random. But at this age, she survived the Two Sweeps of Badlands with her matesprit relying on her wilderness skills, so she's not insecure about it any more, and she's so completely habituated to Sufferists that admitting she needs help is... embarrassing, sometimes, but not life or death.

2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Hehe, whereas Vastar is so used to Other Trolls Not Liking The Leakage that someone just... rolling with it is like a slap in the face. In a good way XDD

• Like x 1
  3. paladinkit

Ohhhhhh.... oh, Apkuri...

Her pan is "ALERT ALERT ALL HANDS ON DECK THIS IS NOT A DRILL WHAT DO"

it is adorable and also slightly saddening because this is a delicate tightrope for her of 1) having feelings she's not used to negotiating, 2) trying to remember how to social like a normal troll (although being too Sufferist is really only to her advantage in pale situations), and 3) trying to figure out the personal wants vs movement security boundary.

This might take me a moment to write.

4. PotteryWalrus

Pfft, no rush. Vastar's got no expectations, and her under-sociability means she ain't got much scope for normal troll conversation, anyway XD

(Hell, if Apkuri has a breakdown on the spot it might be a good excuse to pap that ass XD)

• Like x 2
  5. PotteryWalrus

Also I am corny and sappy as hell but this is the song I've been thinking of for this pairing -

6. paladinkit

OH MY GOD I ADORE THAT SONG

...I had actually used it for another ship, in another setting, years ago, but it honestly fits them better. Differently? Is good ^.^

On a semi-related note: at some point here, Apkuri is gonna want to troll her matesprit very flustered like SUDDEN PALE WHAT DO. I am perfectly content to work it out in the background, but if you think it'd be fun, her matesprit is played by @Anomal(eee) , who's been reading along and adoring this whole thing. (IDK what you were thinking long-term, but Apkuri really wants to introduce Vastar to the Philosophy and drag her back to the safehive for socialization and affection and 'how to skip Ascension' tips & resources)

7. PotteryWalrus

All of that is awesome! And yes, troll her matesprit via @Anomal(eee) (WHO IS VERY W---ELCOM---E TO JOIN THIS CONVO, BTW :P I seen you sneaking there, mx armadillo lizard :3) Vastar will likely be nosey as hell if she's allowed to be.

And yeah, roadtrip back to the safehive and make an honest Sufferist of her XDD Obviously after a couple of days of travel to the edge of the whatist, too

(I'm seriously considering bringing Kholai back from the dead and blaming Vastar for his being driven off, as well. Especially if they wind up passing through his new stalking grounds :3 Drama y/n?)

• Like x 2
  8. paladinkit

I'm okay with drama to a certain point, if Vastar's going to be okay with Apkuri being all "no, this kid's a threat and I barely know you but it's already pinging even socially-maladjusted me that he was bad for you, so he needs to fuck off to fuckboy land or he's gonna have a bad time" - like, it will obviously depend on how he's played, but that's my reaction based on the info I have. Angry still-pretty-feral Apkuri being super duper defensive. That could be fun for me, but I wanna make sure it'd be fun for you too.

I will make sure @Anomal(eee) knows (she is actually my wife we live together and rp fantrolls constantly bc we are Dumbs), and figure out when that is happening. Apkuri will likely be kinda private about the actual conversation itself, but she'll answer questions about her clade!

9. PotteryWalrus

Pfft, yep, that would be pretty awesome. I get the feel that he's maybe the dragon to someone else, though, but we'll work out more as we go XD (I am a terrible person who needs angst and action to go with her cute fluffy pale feels <3)

And awww, that's awesome! How long have you guys been together?

10. paladinkit

I am good with mixing angst with fluff. I may have days where I sign on and I am like "too much stress in my life can pls fluff or take break thx," but I genuinely enjoy angst when I have enough spoons for it.

Let's see. We started dating in 2007, and had our church wedding in 2012. We were kind of childhood best friends though. Is stupidly excellent. :D

11. PotteryWalrus

Awwww! I'm romantically single with no interests beyond cuddling with my two moirails, but I'm always like *_* when someone finds their someone, you know? I'm happy for you :)

• Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

Thank you ^.^ we know we really lucked out in that department.

• Like x 1
  13. paladinkit

Thinking thoughts - how good did you want Vastar to be at music, on an absolute level? Apkuri missed a lot of formal training, but she used her pipes more than she talked for a few solid sweeps there as a wiggler, and still defaults to that in more intimate situations for communicating complex emotions sometimes. She's been composing for more than half her life. And in the last sweep, her clade has tried to get her formal education caught up, although the music part has been more history and theory than lessons or whatnot. (If you can't tell, I'm a reformed music major).

Also Apkuri is getting all starry eyed at the idea of someone to music with, regardless of Vastar's skill level. I just wanted to have an accurate measurement of what Apkuri would think of it, bc at a certain point you can't turn off the purely critique-driven part of your brain, even if you can sideline it under "cute pale crush more important than intonation"

• Like x 1
  14. PotteryWalrus

Pfft, she's not bad, but she's thoroughly untutored. She's what my musician moirail would call 'enthusiasm over training' - she's got plenty of heart and soul to her voice, but she might be a bit of a tin ear when it comes to actual like pitch and tone. She's definitely got room for improvement, put it that way XD

(Also did those lyrics come out completely naff I wrote them on the fly XDD)

15. paladinkit

the lyrics are sweet and I like how well the indigo dialect scans into the rhythm, actually :D

• Like x 2
  16. PotteryWalrus

17. paladinkit

@Anomal(eee) should be home any minute now, although she'll probably want to at least get snacks before settling to writing. I know it's getting kind of late-ish for you, though?

woops no she just came in the door! anyway, my brain is, very much like Apkuri's, going "plans? what next? what do?"

18. PotteryWalrus

Well, I'm literally about to go bed - I'm posting from my tablet - but idk, maybe something fillery for now? Vastar's immediate plans are mostly 'cook maybe while Appie plays her pipe and browses trollmblr' but she still needs to state that and all ^^;;;

• Like x 1
  19. paladinkit

Ok! Since Anomal(eee) just got home, we can work out the first messaging-Mintuu part while you're in bed. (We may have a scheduling problem for any of Anomal(eee)'s characters interacting with Vastar when it's not the weekend IRL, since she gets off work at 7PM eastern time).

20. PotteryWalrus

Ahh, okies. We'll work something out <3

Nini! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice