Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I hate you for pointing this out because it's probably true. OTL

2. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

@Lazarae I had to look up OTL on urban dictionary (I'm a time traveller from 1950, I don't know anything) and ... it wasn't what I expected. (that's like the sneakiest emoticon I've seen)

• Like x 2
  3. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

There's a whole discussion on the What Does That Mean thread, which reminded me it existed recently. I hardly ever use it but sometimes nothing else works.

4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Hey, look on the bright side! It could be Dave and Dirk!

#oooooooor it could be the floating orange

• Like x 2
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

OH GOD OH GOD CALLIOPE AND OLDER AND RED TEXT

• Like x 2
  6. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

I find red text Calliope disturbing. D:

7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I do a bit too. Considering Caliborn deliberately took Callie's blood color for his text as a trophy after killing her it suggests that this Calliope might be a person very unadvisable to mess with. I am hoping for the best but right now she seems more than vaguely threatening and might in fact be a Red Herring (hurhurr) plot resolution wise. It's Hussie after all so it's kind of up there in terms of probability that this Calliope is not actually who we need to kill Lord English.

• Like x 3
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

:D

9. Silvereye

I'm somehow even more disturbed by red Calliope.

"you are kind to believe that." and that Green Sun-y wand... I don't get the vibe that she's kind or nice, even if she may be Beneficent By Default.

• Like x 2
  10. IvyLB

you know what I think? I think the ~point~ of the cherub narrative is to go against the assumption that calliope and her gentle soft and nice personality (ARCHETYPICAL FEMININITY) will be good to win out against Caliborn and his aggressive brutality and general meanness (ARCHETYPICAL MASCULINITY)
    i think hussie may be trying to go for a balanced/fused personality being the winning scenario (uh... archetypical... gender fuckery and nonbinary-ness?? The gender metaphor might fall flat at this point)

11. Wiwaxia

Oh Calliope, baby. Babies. :C

12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh, oh no hussie please don't change narrative i beg you. i've been waiting please. stay here, with The Meetup. i just want to see them meet, even more than dirk and dave.

13. Silvereye

"your only relevance here, and to the greater good, was to function as my signal."

This is making me experience emotions and most of them are "oh noooo" :(

14. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Live.

that line is so damn powerful.
    i mean it gets overshadows by the whole you did your job, no illusions of grandeur thing, but....
    you can also read it like, we'll take over now, go get a break. for callie, who wants to be helpful, it might read icky because it can loop back into useless/let the big kids play now, but
    that line

Live.

15. IvyLB

this calliope, this red text calliope does not read benevolent at all. If she knows callie since she was like her at some point, why is she so cruel? Why does she strip her of every last defense then tell her she did all she was ever supposed to do, fulfilled her entire purpose in life by getting a better version of herself to solve the problems, go and play with your toys now while the REAL heroes get stuff done?
    I am going to say one thing and only one
    red text calliope reads like a more eloquent and backhanded caliborn
    this is not the hero we need nor the one we deserve
    but it might just be another villain

• Like x 1
  16. Silvereye

My brain keeps switching between "merely tired, bitter and resigned" and "danger danger code red".

On the one hand Red Calliope is tired and bitter, because even though she dominated, it was useless in the end and the game was still rigged against her. And being an asshole to Green Calliope is sort of understandable, if not acceptable, because Green Calliope represents her past weakness that she overcame. Red Calliope wouldn't be the first Homestuck character to hate Past Themself. She could still fall under Good Is Not Nice trope.

On the other hand you are right, too. She does not feel as quite benevolent.

• Like x 2
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

She´s ringing my "Most likely to do something bad with the best intentions" bells. You know, "for the greater good."

• Like x 2
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i think red calliope's personality sounds EXACTLY how her mother's was tbh. her mother was described as kind when young but became jaded by her life experiences, her kindness and creativity dried up by an unforgiving universe (paraphrasing, i might not be remembering correctly. might try to find a reference later). while caliborn's father was described as the ragiest and most horrible cherub in existence (again, paraphrasing or remembering wrong). i use mother and father loosely ofc. cherub biology. how does it work.

if i'm spectacularly wrong someone please correct me haha.

Edit:
    here's the link on their parent's wiki page.
    http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Calliope_and_Caliborn's_parents
    sounds different, but the same thing applies i think? calliope's mother's overall personality is one of benevolence, and justice for people who are wronged.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  19. Wiwaxia

>Wiwaxia has died of cute.
    >Retry? y/n
    >_

• Like x 3
  20. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh Echidna is gorgeous

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice