Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 7
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

3. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I might be reading wrong, but aren't they just wanting to terraform the moon into a different shape? (tho j f c what kinda consequences is that gonna have on literally everything)

• Like x 1
  4. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

It looks like a death ray and the only reason I have faith in them is because I love carapacians and their shenanigans

• Like x 2
  5. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

in a dramatic plot twist, the carapacians are actually the most terrifying race.

• Like x 8
  6. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...I'm still really distressed by the Our Creators thing, it's just. I'm not even sure why but it's very uncomfortable to me that the kids are literally being worshipped.

• Like x 2
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i think it's going to lead to some interesting conflicts, but i'm not surprised the dreamer-worshipping carapacians have a little religious fervor, whether or not the kids want it

• Like x 7
  8. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Ohhh, they want to make the moon physically look like the crescent moon on their dreamer pajamas! And the Prospit colored ray is meant to keep debris from raining everywhere, while the Dersites are in charge of the destruction/somnaforming, nice nice

Yeah, the carapacians worshipping them doesn't surprise me in the least. It's why I was glad to see some sign of dissidence from the maybe-trolls who hijacked Jane's teleport - there's no way all the troll and human populations are down with random absentee gods showing up a couple thousand years late

Wonder where exactly Jane got teleported. Wonder if it was somewhere on the moon that's about to be forcibly rearranged...

• Like x 10
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Niiice. Dersite destruction and Prospitan creation/protection = collaberative ill-considered transformation.

• Like x 5
  10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I REALLY LIKE THEM BEING ACTUALLY WORSHIPED.

look popculture pagans there you are

Also I am just SUPER HYPE about HEROES WHO ARE MORTAL BEING GODS THAT WE WORSHIP.

I just want Rose to be like having tea calmly or something with a book and then just a bunch of fires are lit outside her fucking window. And she looks over and is like yep there they are again. Lighting bonfires on my birthday.

HUMANS WHO ARE GODS

HUMANS WHO ARE HEROES

MORTAL GODS

RAMP UP YOUR ANCESTOR VENERATION

• Like x 5
  11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

For my part, I'm part 'let the kids rest and figure out who they are/want to be/do without the giant expectations for gods and heroes that SBURB has been having them live up to since age 13' and also 'ok but fuck any god that walks out and abandons you to figure out the bloody messy business of building civilization and returns to take over after the hard work is done with nothing but backpats and crowns on arrival, i will meet that god in the pit, they had a duty' spitefulness. So that's where I'm coming from on this.

• Like x 7
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I wonder what the Homestuck pagans are doing about this. I should look it up. Surely they are doing cool things. AS THEY TEND TO.

but more just mortals who became gods and they aren't evil

;-;

we need so much more of that

• Like x 3
  13. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

of course the other question is where the hell are the Consorts during this mess? there is no race better suited to tripping over it's own tail and tumbling ass-over-teakettle into an unlikely deus ex machina solution.

• Like x 1
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

They're busy trying to convince Casey the 3014th that summoning more zombies is not the answer

• Like x 5
  15. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Yes yes I agree!

They are literally Gods and they literally created the universe. It makes sense that people are recognising this.

Do people remember Nightfall? I think it might be still going. Really nice comic in terms of art and characterization, and I really liked the artist. Interesting plot too. But you know what I couldn't stand about it? The one thing that put me off it? It was post-game and for some reason, the literal Gods of this universe had... gone back to being totally normal kids living with their parents and getting an education. Like they just went back too it like nothing had happened, and like they hadn't created a universe. It was just so anticlimatic and thematically backwards and boring. And don't get me started on how a random alien race that they created from nothing show up and can suddenly trounce John, the embodiment of the universe's Breath aspect, in a fight. It was just. No. Sburb is the real deal. These kids are the real deal. Don't give me this "and then the game ended and everything was just like it was before!" shit, these kids did something. They created their universe, they ascended out of and transcended their reality. They defeated the most powerful villain ever conceivable in all of the multiverse. Would they just go back and live as kids and go to school of all things? Hell no. If that was how Homestuck ended then that would for me have been a worse outcome that even the lackluster ending we did get (before these Snapchat upd8s, which I really like). I'm really glad Hussie shares my sense of the scope for what he's writing here, but then his love of the Big Scope has always been one of the things I've loved about him.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    • Like x 6
  16. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

so wait presumably none of the kids have been to anything past middle school except for jane

do the gods even know algebra

• Like x 9
  17. BlackholeKG

I mean it'd be lame and weird if the kids suddenly started acting like tyrants and became like weird callous cult leaders or whatever, but no there seems to be a diversity of opinions amongst the kingdoms and they are themselves living variously both ordinary and very extraordinary lives while being gods and also interacting in society. I really like that.

• Like x 5
  18. BlackholeKG

Tbh I think embracing their aspects and going God Tier probably gave them an instinctive deep understand of a lot of things even if they might not know the formal human conventions for expressing them. Algebra might be in there somewhere in some forms.

19. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

nah its funnier to imagine them collectively trying to puzzle apart compound interest

• Like x 10
  20. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I bet they have a hard time doing normal everyday activities like getting takeout.
    'YES OF COURSE CREATOR YOU MAY HAVE THE DOUBLE BACONATOR WITH CHEESE AND IN ADDITION I WILL PROVIDE A SACRIFICE OF THE FIRST FRUITS OF MY LABORS SHOULD YOU BLESS ME WITH ABUNDANCE THIS YEAR"

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice