Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I reached Jade, and in doing so I'm reminded of a few things to this point:

Jade is a national treasure. all the kids are tbh. But Jade is a national treasure rn bc I'm at her part.
    and Nanasprite takes no shit

• Like x 4
  2. TheMockingCrows

also, entertaining thing just happened:

> start a new homestuck rp with a friend about dragons
    > while discussing dragons, make a joke about Grandpappy Dragon Being Stronk And Huge aside from being a douchebag
    > google image search Shenlong to find the size/shape I'm talking about while we shoot the shit bc I didn't feel like drawing right then and was curious
    > http://vampireprincess007.deviantart.com/art/Shenlong-the-rainbringer-198201396 comes up
    > forget for a few days
    > begin re-reading homestuck, see Jade's furaffinity window open with a username, get curious, get redirected to DA in comments section
    > same fucking artist did the dragon I'd google image searched

tldr: do a random homestuck rp about dragons, found a random dragon on google image search as a loose reference idea, realize days later an artist who got account namedropped in fucking homestuck drew the fucking dragon. because of fucking course they did.

• Like x 6
  3. TheMockingCrows

crossposting is magic/relevant

• Like x 7
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Okay, those are super cute and great.

• Like x 1
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

FINISHED YOU SAY!? I see no trolls, carapacians or cherubs!

j/k those are super cute XD

• Like x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

(my completionist shit still lay in finishing all the fancytiers, I've been stuck on alpha trolls for a while still, but time will tell. i'm a stubborn douche for finishin' things.)

7. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

upload_2017-2-7_20-36-18.png upload_2017-2-7_20-36-25.png
    i did passivwe aggressivwe cronus valentines for all your passivwe aggressivwe cronus valentine needs

heres the rest

• Like x 7
  8. Birdy

Birdy so long

bowercat is so damn good thanks for making me read it again

9. I had a thought today- Dogtier Jade stimming with chew toys and chewy jewelry.

• Like x 10
  10. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

stay classy, what pumpkin

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Oh god what now

• Like x 1
  12. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Well, share with the rest of the class! :P

13. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

14. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

Tbh im surprised i didnt see any Discourse for the wlf shipping sale having johnrose and dirkdave shirts

15. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

there was DEFINITELY discourse over the johnrose shirts, and the dirkdave shirts were from an artist that submitted them for the BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE (not the shipping challenge) and was very upset to hear that they showed up in the shipping challenge results

• Like x 1
  16. itsAlana

Yeah i kind of assumed someone not familiar w homestuck looked at that big heart behind dirk and was like AH YES SHIPPING like... yknow someone who doesnt.know homestuck

I am going 2 fight the johnrose artist tho jeeze

17. TheMockingCrows

i dont really see the point in heckling someone who ships two fictional characters differently, especially in Homestuck of all things, but then again :shrug: that's just me.

i more just feel bad that they got so much bullshit for their work, really. my friends tried to send them good comments when they realized how much shit they were getting. from what i heard it got pretty nasty. :c

• Like x 1
  18. itsAlana

I dont... Hmm. Im not comfortable w someone taking an explicitly gay character whos married to another woman, drawing her shipped w a dude, and then submitting that art to be officially produced by people who cant even tell when theyre putting incest in their shipping contest

Without the last step i wouldnt be too bothered but th Making It A Shirt part makes me real peeved

• Like x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

i'm gonna have to do an agree to disagree thing because we're approaching the thought from really different angles, but i understand why you're upset.

and yeah. wlf is... cool in some ways and really awful in others. :deep sigh: they run their stuff really fuckin' weird and then half the things i hear is screaming wank directed at specific artists or designs, it's nuts. there's some designs i'd love to buy someday but holy heck. The Wankening around this company.

• Like x 1
  20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

now i want a rosedave shirt

;-;

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice