Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

@Beldaran Holy crap you hit the jackpot, you got it right on the spot, entirely.
    Now excuse me everyone, I'm going to wibble away at these two... these children trying to come to terms with shitty situations and decisions and coming to terms with their realities despite not being the other person to each other and...
    FEELINGS
    ToT

• Like x 3
  2. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Thank you @Raire c:

Here's hoping my number one fans don't come out of the woodwork to call me an abuse apologist over this shit again. But yeah, hey tumblr peeps that yelled at me over this, BET CHU P SALTY NOW HUH?

• Like x 7
  3. I have now actually seen one person who called everyone abuse apologists for liking the fact that they hugged because in their mind (as they outright stated) that meant everyone obviously wanted RL abuse survivors to forgive their RL apologists and insisted Dave was "giving in" to people who asked them if they'd even read the update but you know honestly that's all just sad to me. I hope they get it sorted out.

And as I have successfully analyzed the upd8 I am now going to sleep for a couple years.

• Like x 2
  4. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Let me just kind of. Hug this update. <3

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

this updat made me miss my little brother :<

i need to hang out with him more

• Like x 1
  6. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Okay guys wait

tumblr_inline_nqoltoRS4F1s95ag4_540.png

ca- can I just...

tumblr_inline_nqoltvBBrb1s95ag4_540.png

guys listen

tumblr_inline_nqolueaXyo1s95ag4_540.png

*deeply uncomfortable silence*

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like x 11
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

So Dave, thanks for telling us what it was like having Caliborn for a father figure.

• Like x 4
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Can we please tattoo this on tumblrs collective forehead?

• Like x 11
  9. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

bawwwwwwwwww
    *wibbles*

10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

The Strider thing made me cry. That is the second time this comic has made me cry. Sibling things and abusive home situations just. Get to me a lot. That and idolizing someone who is actually not that great of a person.

The most recent one got me too. So three times I have cried and all of them in Act 6.

Kanaya has resonated with me most out of the cast for a long fucking time. I have a lot of shared personal faults with her and so on. And the inability to live up to some duty, perceived or real, just fucking. Gets to me. That shit is important and especially where it regards mothering. So just seeing her finally getting the chance at it again is just wow.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like x 3
  11. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Wow, this made me feel bad for (Vriska.) I can't remember the last time that happened.

• Like x 3
  13. swirlingflight

Wow, I'm being reminded of Jade with this antagonistic self reflection, but this is worse.

(Vriska) is a lot more like Tavros now, with how she's become willing to detach from that need to prove herself through accomplisments (winner!!!!!!!!) and go through life without seeking to do harm. Vriska, meanwhile, sees something she detests and seeks every weakness and insecurity she can find and prods them hard.

Vriska's shtick here is, she's a bitch and she hurts people but results are what count, and if they win against the big bad then it was all worth while. If they lose, they all cease to exist. It's hard to argue against that.
    The problem is, she doesn't stop there. She doesn't need to poke at someone's weight, or push at their sore points. She doesn't even have the excuse she did with Tavros, of the investment in doing this to make (Vriska) a ~better person~. She's just using words to hurt for the sake of hurting what she detests. And that's really easy to argue against.

Too bad there's probably no way to combine these two Vriskas.

• Like x 4
  14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Well, that was not how I was expecting to see the Vriska (Vriska) meme referenced in canon.

• Like x 2
  15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Yay another update I liked. That meanness was impressive.

16. swirlingflight

Another insight into what this version of the meteor trip was like for everyone.

• Like x 2
  17. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

And now we have the fat-Vriska meme brought into canon.

18. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

I am slightly shivering with unspeakable rage right now. wet-eyed horrified rage. jesus fucking christ that hurt more to read than the Dave and Dirk convo.

if meenah fucking decides to go with Vriska after that horrible display I'm renouncing my fondness for the awfularious piexes and sticking only to steamroller princess piexes fondness from now on. I mean I understand that she wants to get out and make a difference but holy shit.

• Like x 2
  19. Character development. Talked about it here.

20. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

... Meenah has everyone and herself convinced that she doesn't give a fuck. When faced with actual fucks to give, she is uncomfortable and nopes out at the nearest opportunity.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice