Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Oh, absolutely.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  2. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

additional reminder that a parody of it canonically exists in-universe as one of cronus's songs with the title 'punkin party in sea hipsters vwater apocalypse'

• Useful x 1
  3. Very offensive, but the song is actually pretty good.

4. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I don't know what to say here other than it's Homestuck.

• Agree x 7
  5. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I read it and found it really interesting! Thanks for the behind-the-scenes look!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Oops
    Summer looks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  8. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

me, bouncing exitedly: polyswap assignments happen t o m o r r o w

• Agree x 3
  9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I too am vibrating outta existence bcos gimme them polyswap assignments

• Agree x 4
  10. keltka

We're p much done, just last minute touches + "OH GOD I NEED TO MENTION-"s!
    (speaking of, if there's anything y'all desperately need added/said, say the word)

• Like x 3
  11. keltka

OKAY SO just as a heads up for y'all—we Did try to keep people who we were pretty sure knew each other/were dating/related/etc from being paired up, but in some cases it was kind of unavoidable—PLEASE remember to be careful when talking about your assignments!
    Also, if you want to ask your giftee any questions, route them through us—you can send us a message on the tumblr, email us, DM us, we'll help you out.
    FINALLY the links are going out tomorrow morning, as soon as the mods wake up, PRIMARILY because there's going to be a link to a Polyswap 2017 Discord Server involved, and we want to make sure most (if not all!) of us are awake to help y'all get settled!

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

(moving over here from tumblr.txt)

I see Dave and Karkat more commonly acknowledged as bi than Vriska and Terezi, at least in the circles I've looked through. But as for those latter two, I see it presented as... people not denying the relationships happened, but arguing that because they didn't work out then there was no real, legitimate interest on their parts/it was only the supposed troll counterpart to heteronormativity (binormativity?) that made them try to go for dudes. Which is weird to me, because Hussie has stated Kanaya is functionally a lesbian even if trolls don't have the term, and that went down fine. Or people try to argue that Vriska emulating Mindfang + her rivalry with Terezi were the only reasons she went after Tavros and Eridan / John respectively. I've even seen people try to claim all Terezi's relationships with guys were toxic or unhealthy, which still leaves me scratching my head when it comes to Dave, because... He couldn't wrap his head around her having a kismesis, but that doesn't mean the whole relationship was bad? Idk.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    • Agree x 5
    • Informative x 3
  13. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I kind of get the emulating Mindfang argument as to why Vriska targeted Tavros and Eridan in particular, but it completely fails to acknowlege her massive crush on Nicholas Cage.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 1
  14. Thief of Spotlight

Thief of Spotlight Vriska Serket

Ughhhhhhhh, they are SUCH f8ke fans, every8ody knows how hot he is!!!!!!!!

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. If that's the case VrisRezi is also ingenuine because of the Mindfang-fighting-Redglare thing.

Also where the hell does John factor into this he's a human not a troll.

• Agree x 3
  16. Vriska? :D hi Vriska!

• Like x 1
  17. Lizardlicks

She also def had some kind of thing with John and (Vriska) Vriska dated his dream bubble ghost for a bit.

18. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

I'm pretty sure this is a fan made Act 6 tarot project that's just now being made, actually, to cover ground the original KS deck didn't! And naturally people had to rain shipping drama down on the fan creators :P

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
  19. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree! I just don't think she would have targeted Tavros like she did if not for Mindfang

• Agree x 1
  20. Lizardlicks

Yeah. Now that I'm thinking about Mindfang and her influence on Vriska though, what's really weird for painting Vriska as the no questions asked lesbian is a) she ended up pale with Terezi and b) Mindfang sure does devote several pages to how she totes had a grand ol' time with this jadeblood slave, but Vriska didn't even do more than blink in Kanaya's direction, even when Kanaya was all swooning and flustered around her (at least not until after Kan had enough of her shit and decked the living crap out of her anyway. Vriska, you have some problems, child).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice