Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. (Still wanting VrisKan to happen)

• Agree x 1
  2. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

It is! I'm actually kind of :/// about it because they WERE open to suggestions/crit up until assignments were sent out
    guess what didn't happen :|
    (I can link you to her posts about it)

• Informative x 2
  3. keltka

ALSO POLYSWAP PROMPTS ARE OUT Y'ALL

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  4. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

*ZYOOMS ON OVER*

• Winner x 1
  5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

SCREES
    this is how I express excitement. screeching like a pterodactyl.

• Winner x 1
  6. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

*party poppers poppin*

• Winner x 2
  7. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

@keltka you mentioned before there would be a discord linky but.. i got my assignment and have seen no linky to anything. am i looking at the wrong location or..?

8. keltka

It should be in the email that got sent along with your assignment!

9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

ahhhh thank you, i forgot my ao3 was linked to a different email account lmfao.

• Like x 1
  10. keltka

oh my god relatable though

11. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

alright im a bi person who personally headcanons vriska as a lesbian (but not dave, karkat, or terezi! i think their stories are much more intended as definitely bisexual)

i think vriska's character arc is a metaphor for compulsory heterosexuality, even if the concept of compulsory heterosexuality doesnt really exist on alternia and they dont care who youre banging as long as youre banging SOMEONE. kind of like how steven universe used garnet for metaphors about homophobia even though a one-gender race cant HAVE homophobia as we know it

vriska's relationships with eridan and tavros are.......very shallow (she abandons her 'crush' on tavros the MINUTE she kisses him and abandons eridan once she can't flarp anymore) and honestly johnvris always felt forced as shit to me both ic and out. a lot of lesbians have crushes on male celebrities because theyre unobtainable and often larger than life, and i dont think theres been any discussion in canon of the nic cage thing since the initial joke WAAAY far back?

(vriska)'s arc is all about ditching the things that made her miserable all the time, like the mindfang persona, her endless quest for heroics while being a Huge Dick, etc, and actually being able to be herself and be vulnerable. and what are the two peaks of this arc? kissing a girl and ending up with the childhood rival who's been desperately searching for her (now i have age gap related objections to both meen(vris) AND (vris)rezi but those arent rly relevant). its a pretty strong message imo

now obv that doesnt necessarily MEAN she's a lesbian, you could headcanon her as bisexual w/ a preference for women or such, but i think her story works best as a lesbian character

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

also, trolls aren't 100% bisexual in the same way humans aren't 100% heterosexual. you're just going to have a hard time tracking down monosexual trolls (and ace/aro trolls have their lives at risk so theyre definitely not going to fess up) because it's just considered a dating preference in the same way we consider, say, height a preference

• Agree x 3
    • Useful x 1
  13. Lizardlicks

And then post GO time shenanigans happened

Everyone deserved better, why can't my kids be happy in healthy, fulfilling ways, god dammit.

• Agree x 4
  14. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

late but im like 70% sure i still own the squiddles wiki. i don't think it's been used in a While though

• Like x 3
  15. @furrylatula thats... really interesting. I'm
    Not sure I agree with the interpretation, but huh. That's got me thinking.

(I also don't know whether to ship Vriska and Terezi. I think it would be good despite the friction between them but it messes with my ships, dammit)

• Like x 1
  16. chaoticArbiter

.....guys
    what if
    a troll who replaces w with 3
    how annoying would that be.

• Like x 3
  17. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

very

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  18. chaoticArbiter

good I'm making this a thing now

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Lizardlicks

where's our quirks thread go I know we had one...

20. garden

garden lucid dreamer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice