Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

literally, if you roll w that interpretation of grub sauce

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

did randomized doodles from an expression meme and wound up making them sticker heads, wanted to share in here. :3 have the other 6 trolls sketched up just haven't gotten to ink and color them just yet. under spoilers bc i saved them big.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

On the one hand, I'm bummed out that the folks tossing a few hundred bucks into the ads aren't adding a hundred more by commissioning artists to make really awesome-looking ads.

On the other hand, Homestuck. And SBaHJ. And simple jokey art styles in general.

• Like x 1
  4. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

They actually didn't toss that much in. There's a post floating around somewhere explaining that the way the ad host works means that you have to pay a lot less than the bid says, depending how long the ad stays up before being outbid.

• Informative x 2
  5. That
    Is hillarious

Also the banner at the bottom of one of them said $8 and some change so that + what Corvus said = absolutely affardable. At least initially.

• Informative x 1
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

tavros sketches!

tavroses.png
    I'm really happy with the one on the right, it just seems to fit.

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

tavros + freckles = Good

• Agree x 2
  8. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

yes

freckles + being a bit more heavily built = winning tavros formula

• Agree x 6
  9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

So hey let me tell y'all about in short ways ,, of my experience in the intermission fandom?

Right now I'm partly nostalgic partly sick with anxiety because today I find that someone made Intermission fandom discord (for intermission, for probably the carapaces from the Beta kids universe, for problem sleuth, and for various big time rp AUS - Mobsterswitch (the Problem Sleuth guys do crimes, The felt are police, the midnight crew are detectives or something) and Borgatabent (1920s AU)

So my intermission pal who is still into it shows me the link, I click it because I fucking enjoy the intermission. I join and I browse through the peeps and see -
    - a whole buncha folks I don't even know.
    Theres some that I know but, let me go on

Now my friend says, it seems that a lot of them are young underage teens. It's a p weird gap of intermission fans being these young teens or middling 20 somethings

Now, I always forget but the reality always reminds me - I actually hate bigchats where i know almost nobody. I don't know how to talk in those environments, I don't know how to jump in. Thinking about all those strangers makes it heavy in the chest

And Me n my pal, we talk, and remember
    Thing is, the young ones like to group around and chat and be young, but the older fans are quite Clique-y. Like, I remember the time when Homestuck was more active and I interacted with other Intermissioners. There were distinguishable groups of friends. Nothing bad but if everyone's got a clique already and you don't, It's kind of lonely. ( at least, that's just me)

And since I'm kinda a weenie I don't really know how to talk with them because it always feels like an intrusion to sonething private, even of the posts are public, yanno?

The subfandom is really small, so if you visited the tag you'll usually know most people by at least their username. Or be mutuals. Stuff like that.
    And since the fandom is small when shit happens like most of the fandom will see it? Like it's hard to escape when ppl you follow reblogs the discourse and you see it several times. It's like this big unrest that touches the whole subfandom even if you want to stay out of it.

I know that y'all would say hey that happens in every fandom and yeah but intermission was kinda my first and currently only fandom that i actually really participated in. I can't compare it to anything currently.

It's weird to latch on to some shitty mobsters in suits and dumb hats and just run with it despite lack of much Canon at all. It's a huge bowl of fanon fried rice with stuff you agree with or don't. How can one even argue against each other for character with very little evidence? It happened tho.

My experience participating in the intermission is imprtant to me like
    That's where most of my internet friends come from. That's where my sweet heart comes from. That's where I produced so much art content. That's where I started RPing

But like now that homestuck is over and spades slick fucking died in a way that felt so, sad and awful, and simply 'replaced' by bec noir and other shit- and I kinda drifted away and forgot about homestuck and thus the intermission for a while? Like it was out of my radar. I thought i moved on

But then Villainous happened? (New cartoon shorts) and like I love it but the thing is, the main character reminds everybody about spades slick? The intermission people I still follow love him, draw him. Draw him together with spades slick. Like again I am reminded of something I started to glance over with a faint tingle of enjoyment when i saw it in my dash.

The intermission.

And like
    Looking at content now makes me feel like
    Sick, anxious, wistful, and brings me unseated feelings of loss

It's so weird how looking and nice cool art or headcanons now of intermission. It's still a subject I like but it's hard to, enjoy it now.

That's hard because I am reminded of how much I still
    Love it, a lot.

But it hurts
    ??????
    Edited for word mistakes

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    • Witnessed x 7
  10. @GlassesBlu It sounds like you're grieving. Which is more likely to happen with.... just about everything than you might think. You don't have to lose a real-life flesh-and-blood person to grieve.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

@GlassesBlu haaaa this is incredibly relatable. I sort of drifted out of the fandom a while back bc Drama, but I desperately still love my terrible children and most of their permutations. Fwiw your art super duper brightens up my day and reminds me of the best parts of the fandom

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  12. Nobody's Home

@autopsyblue
    That's like, interesting actually, I'm taking note of it (i mean this sincerely)
    It's weird I guess. At least I can say these feelings of loss are related to something.
    Sometimes (more recently) I feel deep loss and I don't know where it's coming from

@gemini28 aw shucks that's sweet and I appreciate this highly. Like! Haha it's validating to hear

• Witnessed x 1
  13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I will never be over mashups of Gonna Die Young with Homestuck songs, especially not ones with like Sburban Jungle.

• Agree x 5
  14. So they're good? Perhaps you find them keshy?

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
  15. TheMockingCrows

:slides this quietly across the table: guess what i just finished 8D and what project is gonna haunt my dreams with lace and pearls.

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 4
  16. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

nice! i love fancytiers and all the crockercorp details worked in.

• Like x 1
  17. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I'm just imagining a cosplayer trying to hand embroider all the circuit details and I think my hand just shriveled up and died.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  18. TheMockingCrows

apparently my friend is considering cosplaying this in the future once I make a crocker boy for their boyfriend to be a matched set. i assume she's going to use glitter fabric paint to get the lil 3d effect , bc I know for a fact she doesn't have the patience for that. xD

19. Nobody's Home

ha cha cha gemstuck The felt (Fin, Trace, Die, Crowbar)
    gemmers1.png gemmers2.png

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  20. TheMockingCrows

:crawls back to this thread: forgot to share here whoops. finally finished these all so i can share but. :slides some doodly sticker headshots i did from an expression meme over here from my art thread: alphas, betas, and the alternian's. they're all a lil wonky bc different style and they were all just done for fun so nothing's Super Formal but i had fun at least. :3 yay complete sets <3

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice