Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

[​IMG]

how DARE you I AM A VOID PLAYER

2. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

Virces. Virgo+Derse+Life. Had p. much the same reaction as @chaoticArbiter until I read the description and had to admit it suits me more than Void.

EDIT for shitty pun: You could say I'm avirsces to the thought of wearing beige.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. chaoticArbiter

I mean I read the description but like....it's far from the only one that fits me all right, the Void one does too, so
    STILL A VOID PLAYER FIGHT ME

• Like x 1
  4. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I don't do Homestuck but here's the thing anyway. (I picked my actual sign but I don't think it fits that much?)

5. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I got Capripia. Which is about as accurate as I'd expect from what's basically an astrology quiz. (Which is to say, sure there's bits that match up and I feel super called-out by other bits.)

6. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I also picked my actual sign but although Life kind of fits despite my initial outrage, Virgo (as described in the non-Homestuck zodiac and likely the basis for Jadeblood traits) does not, and has never, fit me. But idk what I'd pick as my blood colour otherwise.

7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

-looks at sign list and the way it josses the extended constellation map- -shrugs and declares their own canon, smd-
    -does the test anyways because #sucker for tests-

(also wasnt it 48 in canon, not 288)

aaand im running into the same difficulties as usual: mix of / completely different reactions that what's offered

why, why is the sign dependent on moon and aspect. this makes no sense. augh.
    memo to self: youve already declared your own canon and do not need to care
    (and im so much not a jadeblood, seconding Pumpkageist here)
    (thisisbullshit.jpeg)
    (weren't jades supposed to be rare)

(ok, the what is a thing, but they why is also important, omg)

question 3: are you adhd and experience hyperfocus
    yes, yes i am and yes i do

the answer that is always missing, and that has been ingrained in me since before i started my information science degree in which said answer is gospel: IT DEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS

im going to stop ranting about this now because oh my gods who designed this, i want to defenestrate them.

> Your aspect is Light
    -loud laughing from the ROGUE OF BREATH-

> Your sign is Virpio, sign of the Hearth
    meh

8. chaoticArbiter

me, looking through various signs: okay see the problem here is that there are like, two sign classes that 'fit' me and neither of them are my ACTUAL ZODIAC CLASS

also, the Olive+Prospit+Breath symbol is a cat. it's just a cat you can't convince me otherwise IT'S AN ABSTRACT CAT

9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

[​IMG]

Am i stoic? Lol, I'm side eyeing that

I'm inclined to distrust the star sign because i didn't even take a fun test for it and I'm just
    Generally apathetic toward nepeta but i wish she wasn't my patron
    I know u can pick whatever u like but for the first go itd be weird for me to not pick your star sign

(And tho I'm inclined to pick my favorite trolls, I'd also like to pick something with the 'correct' personality descriptors and rn I'm tired lmao)

I've gotten derse and space in previous tests tho so that's consistent

10. chaoticArbiter

I mean mine is called the Sign of the Redeemer and I'm. pretty sure I have not redeemed myself or anyone or anything else so

11. Nobody's Home

I know it's a silly personality test but I'm like
    Side eyeing silly personality tests on their evaluation of me usually haha

Personality tests are weird

Fun but u gotta be grain o salt with them

• Agree x 4
  12. winterykite

they are, by virtue of content constraints and the myriad of reasons a person might have that you simply cannot include them all, or even think of them all, doomed to be too simplified.

at least there were no "how are you as a person" and "how do other people see you" questions
    because those are, in my personal opinion, fuckin bullshit.

• Agree x 10
  13. Nobody's Home

There's that tendency toward vagueness and generality = oh wow that's me!

Type of deal

• Agree x 3
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

this is why I'm here for this quiz

After ten thousand years! Finally!! We know what the hell Blood and Rage and them are about!!!!

• Agree x 7
  15. winterykite

fuckin finally, i suppose

can someone point me to a place where i can read the blurbs without having to finagle the test?

eta: nvm found it

incoming eta for whatever my opinion turns out to be

eta2: ... no, i don't like this. too much class stuff in there. ggtg's sburb glitch faq was way better about this.

(for me, above all, Breath is Freedom and Movement, with my Rogue class counteracting.)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Witnessed x 2
  16. chaoticArbiter

I gotta say I'm not hugely a fan of the aspect descriptions, esp Rage and Doom

• Agree x 1
  17. winterykite

Not a fan of any of them. Light completely glosses over the chance aspect it also canonically had iirc.
    Theres too many definites, and too many judgements on what's good and bad. too much construction versus building blocks. too much "what does it do" than "what it is". like someone looked at a session with all classes and aspects and no doubles and took that as enough info to go off on.

• Agree x 3
  18. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

like... yeah. there's fan creations that are more good, less super obviously the characters we met. i expected to be disappointed going in, and right now my triumph is of the completionist ilk. finally! we have canon things we can choose to disregard, or to carve out the best tidbits and simmer in the heat of other mythologies and paradigms until they come to a delicious richness!

• Agree x 7
  19. chaoticArbiter

I do like the confirmation that Rage is associated with chaos and dislike of what looks to them to be false premises or ideals, because it's an idea that makes a Rage player a potential revolutionary, a person who seeks what's really happening--hell, I could see a determined political journalist being a Rage player now, in some cases. but I dislike how absolute it is about everything, and also that it completely ignores the fact that Rage is DEFINITELY associated with possibilities and negative emotions and blinding yourself to things in canon--I mean, come on, that sure as hell seems implied in canon to me. I have some similar feelings on the other Aspect stuff, so yeah I'm gonna just.....carve out the stuff I like and leave behind everything I don't like all those definites and absolutes. you get those out of my Homestuck

• Agree x 2
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

wrong thing. Alternian culture has a horoscope with 48 signs. They don't assign horoscope spots based on caste sign.

and yeah SBURB glitch FAQ is honestly better about this. the weird thing is that a lot of these are like, surface-level descriptors of the canon trolls, and then you get indigo, which is bafflingly opposite of Equius.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice