Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The table doesn't really indicate which results should be more popular, because it's not taking into account which answers are more popular. Rather, it's trying to figure out what would happen if everyone just picked answers randomly with equal probabilities.

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
  2. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Heheh ah well, I've seen a more complex fantests that involve other personality blah blah
    All the official ness is neat tho
    Confirmed shit that can be ignored lmao

• Agree x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A thought about something way back at the beginning; the implication is that there's no afterlife other than the dreambubbles, yet Aradia summons ghosts. Are they supposed to just be illusions or what?

4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

hmmm. probably not illusions since they knew stuff she didn't, though maybe they were like. rather than lingering souls afterlife, they were more fading psychic residue, possibly that forces like the horror terrors / doomed selves were talking through

• Like x 3
  5. Here’s a hot new homestuck AU idea- bloodswap the trolls around, but then do the canon True Sign test to determine their sign and aspect.

• Like x 4
  6. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

I always figured it was a 'dying in Sburb' VS 'dying in the Real World' context. Then again I have Several Thoughts on how death in Homestuck works and will elaborate when I am not on my lunch break.

• Agree x 3
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeah, my impression was basically - since trolls have So Much psychic shenanigans going on (even the most non-psionic coldblood still needs to regularly dampen down the psychic connection to the species collective unconscious) the atmosphere of Alternia and basically all the ships (biowire ftw) are....

you know how things decompose and become dirt or peat? like that, but ghosts. there's a heavy layer of decomposed ghost-stuff saturating the planet. when someone dies, they get stuck in that. and there they can still communicate, and exist, for a while, though eventually they'll dissolve and become part of the ghost peat? sure.

but due to SBURB Shenanigans anyone who's a player has a weird quality to their soul where they get shunted off to the Furthest Ring upon death, or even dream-death. Possibly this interacted with Alternia's psychic field to keep aradia from breaking down.

this also means that Alternia itself, even by the time of the exiles, is probably Ghosty As Hell. and all the ships, dead in space.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
  8. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I finally took the test and got exactly what I expected; Blood, Prospit. Very nice.

Screenshot_20171130-160601.jpg

I am right in the middle between Derse and Prospit though; I retook the test and answered things just as honestly and easily got Derse.

Still Blood tho.

Screenshot_20171130-162321.jpg

• Like x 7
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Got Virpia. Test was right about my Derse-ness but I always felt drawn more to Rage than Light. I think it ought to take class into account as well as aspect.

Then again, thinking on the death thing, if the players have something that can go to dreambubbles, I don't think it was ever stated that nobody else has something that can go somewhere... Then again I just feel bad for fictional characters who don't get to go be happy after their writers put them through all that shit and kill them, but frankly nonexistence would be preferable to the dreambubbles.

• Agree x 2
  10. Nobody's Home

P wild that we get an official test for this
    But why not go whole hog and give us a Class test too hahah
    (Many reasons probably but like, yknow, official classpect test after all these years would be v wild)

Anyway I've got some non homestuck friends to take the test, it's fun hahah because they don't really know what the shit their lookin at heheh

• Agree x 1
  11. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hussie said in the announcement post that someday there might be one

• Informative x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Jesus

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  13. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

• Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. Nobody's Home

[​IMG]

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  15. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

Okay coming back to this. To start, are any of you familiar with the Ultima series? Bunch of old-ass PC RPGs, had a spinoff where you go back in time to shoot Rasputin on Mars, I digress.

Anyway! The game engine for Ultima VII had some quirks going on on how it treated characters and objects. One cannot become the other. When an NPC is 'killed', they are instantly teleported to a remote island and their AI is turned off. In their place a 'corpse' object is generated, with a copy of all their loot. A resurrection spell reverses the process. Fundamentally, though, nobody dies. They just... go away, and they can come back at any time.

(this all probably sounds pretty bonkers but it's absolutely real)

Basically I think that with all the alternative universes and self-splitting and time travel and numerous ways to dodge death, I don't think players ever actually die. Sburb just turns off some important brain and game functions and dumps their consciousness off in a corner where they don't get in the way. For later use. Dreambubbles are just how horrorterrors hook us up to Sburb's Island of the Dead. (I remember one of the walkabouts where Meenah complains that all of these ghosts have been dead for 1000 years or whatever but have shown no emotional growth. But ghosts can, apparently, pee. Thus the AI is disabled but the body is still there.)

This is why Lord English is so dangerous. It's not so much that he can 'kill ghosts', it's that he can give them a real death instead of the fake death Skaia projects on them. It's why he's 'sanctioned' by Paradox Space, he's just here to clear up all this RAM.

Hell, with all of the leveling and superpowers and, again, the various resurrections, I'm not entirely certain that players are alive in the first place, for that matter. I mean, they're there, but fundamentally all players are made by Sburb and die to Sburb, they're like autonomous game data made to perpetuate each interation of Paradox Space.

Anyway I don't know enough about biology, programming, philosophy, or Weird Time Shit to say whether or not Sburb players are 'alive,' or what 'alive' means. But I don't think they die.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Informative x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I got my moirail to take the quiz and she got Taurrius....I am gemrius

this is incredible

17. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

For your consideration:

Maid of Garbage to go with the canon classpect Waste of Space.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

approved

19. Nobody's Home

Random anecdote but in the before times i made up this character called Space of Knight which is an intangible darkspace starry void but also has a consciousness and is also a Knight

And i rped them in msparp

And ppl got so mad at me lmaooo they kept telling me like 'it's knight of space, stupid' and disconnected from me

I dunno it was annoying, but funny

• Like x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Maid of Trash would fit better with the conventions.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice