Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Messing with that AU and I wanna put the Hiveswap characters in too. Given that I'm already mashing multiple timelines together, I wanna put them as about the same age as the Homestuck gang instead of several years older - more fun. Not sure it'll fit with Grandpa Harley being the kids' father though, age-wise. Then again, men can father children a lot later in life than women can bear them. Thoughts? (I'm loving Hiveswap, either way.)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Like x 1
  2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I say do it, because men can father children much later in life than women, and also because Joey and Jude would be so much fun to have hanging out with the HS gang. ....also XEFROS MY SON

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Some interesting conflict there from poor Jade and John having an aunt and uncle the same age as them. Need to work out how the hell the family trees are going to work though. The trolls are easy but I have sort of undifferentiated blobs of human parental/grandparental figures from which the kids sprang somehow. Pre-Scratch Grandpa Jake/Nanna Jane producing Jade and John via Dad Egbert works, Post-Scratch Grandma Jade and Poppop John each being a sibling of one of the other two grandparents works, so the Dads are cousins... Nanna Jane died and Grandpa Jake remarried to Joey and Jude's mother... Doable. The Strilondes are still an issue.

Random thought; considering Horuss' remarkably blase attitude to his "artwork", does he have models of other random severed horse parts lying around? That's quite a lot worse than the alternative.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

i prefer pale dirkjane to pale roxydirk but its been a while since i read thru the back half of act 6 so idr if that holds up with later canon

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't know if it counts as pale if it's between two humans.

Finding kismeses for the humans is hard.

On the other hand, shipping grid got me thinking on Jane/Latula. Latula presumably could get interested in crime-solving since her alt self went into that, and Jane would enjoy the challenge of baking stuff with interesting textures so a person with no sense of smell and thus fucked-up sense of taste could enjoy it (a la Ben and Jerry's).

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I ship AraSol pale when she's alive and flushed when she's dead.

I need to get some video software to do a Lyricstuck to Seven Brides, Seven Seals.

7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

depends if you think pale is ‘just best friends’ or something more akin to a QPP, imo.

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My AU was spawned from a kinkmeme prompt which wanted ships between the human kids, but since it's ancient I don't think the prompter would still be around to care if I poly-ed them up as well. It's a royalty AU, they can have concubines XD

Does Poisonkind work as a strife specibus? Like, when the imps show up I grab the bleach and bug repellent from under the sink and start squirting away?

• Like x 1
  9. I don't see why not.

• Agree x 1
  10. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

'canon' strife specious options include cords, aerosol, pepper spray and woodwinds. Poison is probably fine.

• Agree x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Was it canon that Rose writes slashy wizard fic or is that a) fanon or b) a Dave comment? I can't remember.

Other question; can a troll be involved in multiple auspisticisms as long as they're only the mediator in one? It seems like, as warlike as they are, more peacemakers would be a good thing, and being able to mediate one pair while having your own interactions with someone else mediated would be complicated but would save lives. Trolls can clash with multiple people, after all.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  12. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

Rose definitely wrote weird doorstopper wizard fiction (Complacency of the Learned), Dave calls it 'wizard slash' but the canonical level of slash is unclear. Also the Writ Keeper/ White King was reading it for a while.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I do remember the doorstopper wizard fic, didn't remember if the slashiness was mentioned or just a fanon thing. I would totally read a whole book in the style of Rose's journals, slash or not. It'd be the next Eye of Argon except she uses the polysyllabic words something approaching correctly!

14. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I'd suspect that a troll could absolutely be involved in multiple auspisticisms as long as they're only the mediator in one, yeah. I sort of feel like they're expected to cap out at three there, though - being caught in or trying for a fourth probably merits someone (possibly one of your existing cloverheads!) staging an intervention and telling you to sit down and slow your roll before you wreck yourself.

I like the way it was established in Hemostuck tbh, and what little canon we have on that quadrant does sort of suggest that it's supposed to be a much more temporary quadrant than any of the other three; the idea there is for the conflict between the two mediated trolls or the issues preventing them from being a healthy kismessitude to be resolved.

• Like x 2
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, too many would be a total clusterfuck. Or cluster-not-fuck as the case may be.

Thing I randomly remembered; is anyone else pretty certain that Aranea had something to do with Gamzee's abuse of Terezi? Probably not all of it, but Terezi made a comment about how he 4LW4YS KNOWS WH4T TO S4Y TO P1SS M3 OFF, and sharp wit is not exactly a Gamzee trademark before or after the snapping.

• Agree x 4
  16. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Aranea was in control of Gamzee for at least a little while, maybe longer - when she let him go he started screaming until she grabbed him again.

17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It is clear she was controlling him, probably for longer than we saw, but I was just wondering if that specifically was meant to be implied as her idea. Using him to bully Terezi into letting Aranea fix her eyes seems exactly like the kind of thing a controlling personality from a world in which she was expected to make choices for "lesser" people would do, but we didn't get a lot of detail on that. And, as I said, I don't see Gamzee as the kind to go for emotional abuse over more direct violence. Then again, he does do a good job of setting up creepy atmosphere and false trails...

• Agree x 5
  18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Aranea using Gamzee to make Terezi give in and let Aranea fix her eyes makes sense to me. Even if Gamzee did pick emotional attacks over direct violence, I don't see him picking something that would take the sort of sustained gaslighting he would have needed to put into it for this; he saw Terezi in action, he would know (much better than Aranea) that anyone who's assuming Terezi is helpless or 'lesser' because of her blindness is making a very dangerous mistake.

...and personally, I don't buy that he'd actually behave like that in a kismessitude he voluntarily entered into. (Apparently I headcanon that he was getting controlled well before the relationship started. Today I learned a thing!) We'd expect it of Vriska, sure - but we canonically got told that Vriska is really bad at understanding how to behave in a healthy kismessitude; Karkat straight-up tells Vriska that even if Tavros could reciprocate, she'd be going about it the wrong way anyways. Even if Aranea's better at it, why would she pick healthy behaviours when that wouldn't serve her goals?

• Agree x 5
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Looking up the Waste of Space class and various theories on it, and I like this one:

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice