Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Witnessed x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Even in fic, I'm not sure I can write nakama because if the trolls couldn't put aside their differences to deal with the end of the world, nothing would make them get along :(

3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

eh, I think it's partly an issue of none of them having the time/space to mature enough to be able to put aside their differences, or learn that the way they were doing things wasn't working. I mean, (Vriska) matured as a person in the dreambubbles and if she'd still been alive she probably would've been an asset to the team and willing to put aside her past behaviors and her differences/issues with the others to try and win the game and keep everyone alive and all. but Vriska alive never really did that. honestly I'm not sure any of them did much maturing, tbh, because they didn't exactly have the space or time to in a game where you're trying to not die unless it's on this one specific slab so you can God Tier and then hopefully avoid a Just or Heroic death, and also you have a quest where you need to make a choice and fight this super powerful denizen, etc.
    it's not exactly the best space for 'growth and maturing'.

• Agree x 1
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Smuppets would be horrible sex toys. Even with a solid core in the nose so it doesn't just flop, foam would trap all hells of bacteria.

• Agree x 3
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It just hit me when I saw a post about Gamzee. Caliborn/LE has all the weird time shit going on already, and the release of timey-wimey shit in whatever the hell happened to him could have done some bizarre things. We don't really see what happened to Gamzee, nor did we see how the hell he got to Caliborn's session. I'm now headcanoning that, thanks to weird time shit, Gamzee was originally sent to Caliborn's session by the death of LE, and abandoned the players for Caliborn in the first place because they stuck him in a fucking fridge for years. Wouldn't you?

• Agree x 3
  6. chaoticArbiter

I think the current running theory is that one of the black hole exits from the SBURB session was in Caliborn's session, and that the fridge Gamzee was in, since it was left behind, got sucked into the black hole and....ended up in Caliborn's session.
    which leaves the question of how he got OUT of the fridge once there, but maybe it broke apart when it flew out of the exit end of the black hole. idk.

7. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

earth c is caliborn’s planet—eventually, the civilization and whatnot that’s there is going to end and turn into the planet caliborn and calliope hatch on, which is how gamzee gets there. (we know this because caliborn and calliope’s planet have the same liberty statues that alpha dave scattered around the planet, statues that our dave is seen digging up on earth c)

which means they just left him, whenever they went to wherever they went ):

8. chaoticArbiter

.....oh my god
    okay so
    they left Gamzee behind in his fridge in the session.
    but the black hole exit leads out to their new universe, according to the snapchats from Earth C.
    which means
    Gamzee fucking got sucked into a black hole in the fridge, AFTER BEING LEFT BEHIND, and then showed up in the new universe, and maybe the others didn't even know he was there, but if they did they just fucking abandoned him and then he was on Earth C after it was destroyed and that's how he finds Caliborn.
    oh my GOD that's fucked up.
    HOW LONG WAS HE IN THAT FRIDGE

• Witnessed x 3
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

10. chaoticArbiter

I mean if you ask me there are MANY things that went wrong with Vriska's Magic Fix

• Agree x 3
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I mean other than on this side of the fourth wall.

12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

This also means that the kids' actual planet - the ones their stars are zodiac markers for - none of our cast is there now that we know of. The kids just dropped their old version of Earth in, they didn't go find a new planet. So that is still around, but. Who knows what's going on there. Aradia maybe.

• Agree x 2
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Do his weird maybe-god-tier powers mean he doesn't need to get out of the fridge to go to the bathroom? Because I really hope so. (Trigger warning for link: torture/execution.) Then again, if he can't die, they don't need to feed him, but then he'd still have whatever was in his system when he went in the fridge...

Okay, yeah, this is kind of strengthening my desire to claim the characters and disown the plot in my future fan-ness. I never thought canon would do worse things to a character than I did via the kinkmeme.

I can't trust that it wasn't intentional either. Hussie would certainly be aware of the term Fridge Horror and I wouldn't put it past him to make that literal.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  14. Spoiler for dark humor.

Gamzee’s had almost as bad a time in the fridge as Kyle Rainer’s girlfriend.

... what, too soon?

• Like x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly happy about him being in the fridge in the first place. I feel like he's in there to punish him for crimes which just got retconned out of ever happening (okay, paradox space is weird so technically it did still happen, but...), which he would have a hard time repeating now that Terezi's not alone (then again, going by her behaviour when we see her, Vriska wasn't great for her either, but she's possessive and wouldn't stand for someone else fucking with Terezi) and that were heavily implied to be influenced by Aranea who isn't a problem now, since going by everyone's indifference to her being missing I can't help but think Dirk was supposed to have outright ERASED HER FROM EVER EXISTING!

• Agree x 2
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

"Aranea can't have been behind what Gamzee did because she was all about consent before Vriska corrupted her!" Sorry, fan, are we talking about the same character who called a mind-controlling pirate's life her "wildest dream" and approved of removing all autonomy of anyone deemed even slightly less capable?

• Agree x 5
  17. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

aranea is about as much about consent as kankri, as we've seen him, is an efficient advocate for equal rights and social justice. she's just able to word it in a way that it gets her what she wants.

• Agree x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Friend pointed out about my "dancing in a diner" comment that it'd be more like Vriska and Terezi than Karkat and Terezi, and got me picturing fat Tavros in a revealing yellow dress. It's adorable. Someone please draw it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm pissed off again, doubly so because I can't find the damn post to yell at it! Specifically, someone calling Gam<>Kar a "farce" on Gamzee's part, while also arguing in favour of Davekat by saying Karkat can't feel the quadrants separately. It doesn't matter whether Gamzee was faking or not if Karkat couldn't keep up his end either, and the charitable interpretation here is that Karkat either a) realised he couldn't do moirallegiance and didn't have the guts to end it because he says Gamzee's the one who broke it off, or b) didn't realise he couldn't do moirallegiance and was too busy mooning over Terezi and fighting with Dave to even try. The less charitable interpretation is that he consciously seduced Gamzee just to save his own skin, which is not particularly making me want to ship Karkat with anyone! I don't think it was meant to be his fault that it was a mess, but it's still a factor.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Agree x 1
  20. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

it’s me, the karkat stan, here to stan karkat ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

i’m fairly certain karkat doesn’t realize he can’t do quadrants (assuming he can’t, because while there’s some evidence for it and is something i agree with, it’s far from canon), because karkat is caught up in singing the praises of the empire. karkat wants to be the model of a troll to make himself somehow good enough to be worthy of the empire, and good trolls never ever smear their quadrants. vacillation? sure! everything at once, or god forbid, a different kind of romance entirely? hell no. if he has any inkling that he might not work that way, he’s shoving it down as far as he can because he is a good troll and good trolls follow quadrants.

karkat’s also a huge romantic, and would probably bristle at the very implication he’d pull an ampora and get into a romantic relationship if he didn’t believe his feelings were genuine. for someone who, assuming he can’t quadrants, has never truly had exclusively-pale feelings for someone, it might be easy to take “i want to stop my friend from hurting people and i want to protect him from being hurt” and go “this is the whirlwind pale romance i’ve always fantasized about”, and then chalk up any problems to the very legitimate fact that gamzee probably started avoiding him (and everyone else) soon after

i’m not sure it was a farce on either of their parts, honestly. gamzee seemed pretty down with (the clown) it at first, and broke it off once he no longer felt interest (getting into his agency is a whole can of worms, but i think it was questionable there?? when is gamzee’s agency not questionable, though). teenagers are idiots and get into relationships all the time, and if karkat doesn’t quadrants it may be similar to a gay person dating someone of the opposite gender, because they didn’t realize they were gay at the time.

• Agree x 5
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice